AMP Powerstep Xtreme not responding

A8r9b

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Ram TRX
I've tried all the tricks to get these things working again. The motors are totally fine. The truck has had to go into the dealer a good bit recently and every time they unplug the obd ii to scan the truck when I pick it up I struggle to get the steps working again. This last time I have not been able to get them to respond at all. I've pulled the fuse to make sure it's good, which it is. I also got a male to female obd ii extender just to have a more snug and secure fit, that did nothing. I'm honestly not sure what else to try at this point. Anyone have any thoughts? They were working perfectly fine before having them unplugged a handful of times and now I have nothing. Seems weird.

The first time I managed to fix it, I left the ODB II plugged in, but pulled the fuse and let it sit for 10 minutes. Pushed the fuse in, let it sit for a while and then when I opened the door, the step dropped right down.

The 2nd time I fixed it, I tried repeating above but couldn't get it to do a damn thing. I was out running errands and left the fuse in, but I would experiment with unplugging and plugging in the ODB II connector at different times. I *think* what I did to get it this last time was I was driving around a good 10 minutes with the ODB II connector unplugged. I got to where I was going, put it in park, plugged in the connector without opening the door (tricky for a 6' 2" dude!), sat for another minute or two and when I opened the door, the step dropped down. Now I don't recall if the truck was running at the time or not..

If none of those work, maybe try some more combinations of above and I'm sure something will come around.

Back