*47* RAM TRX / HELLCAT OIL FILTERS CUT & COMPARED

What is your pick of the bunch?

• Total voters
Decided to switch it up and go with the XG2 filter. It's only $1 more than the MO-899 and is supposed to be a better filter.
I will send off this oil change sample and take one next oil change to compare the differences from PUP to Amsaoil
20240413_105724.jpg

This is so awesome. @OnTheReel

So far I’ve run 2 oem filters and 2 amsoil filters. I just used my last amsoil on yesterdays oil change.

I try to buy six packs of filters or so, so I have a stash for each vehicle.

So now it’s time to restock.

I guess I’m going to try to find the SRT filters. If that’s what you are choosing to use after you have gone through all this.

This is such a good thread

So far I’ve run 2 oem filters and 2 amsoil filters. I just used my last amsoil on yesterdays oil change.

I guess I’m going to try to find the SRT filters. If that’s what you are choosing to use after you have gone through all this.

Just switched from oem filter to XG2 today. For $9 and having it readily available locally, I figured I'd try it. I do the same, buy 5 or 6 at a time. Going to cut open some of my old oem filter and see how they look, and will cut open the XG2 when I do the next oil change to compare

We could have it worse:

On another truck, it uses the drop in cartridge. Unfortunately the cartridge sits directly in line of a port. The oil shoots in at upwards of 80 psi and all that volume.

This engine is known for destroying oil filter media.
No matter what company you go with, the filter pleats get ripped apart.

If I ever figure out cad, I’d like to cnc a bracket to do a remote spin on filter and bypass this whole thing.

I have it out so I can convert the oil cooler out of the ac condenser and run in in the trucks bed cage with fans.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpeg
    IMG_2407.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 17074F3C-2532-473F-9042-F4412E553EB3.jpeg
    17074F3C-2532-473F-9042-F4412E553EB3.jpeg
    191 KB · Views: 27
We could have it worse:

On another truck, it uses the drop in cartridge. Unfortunately the cartridge sits directly in line of a port. The oil shoots in at upwards of 80 psi and all that volume.

This engine is known for destroying oil filter media.
No matter what company you go with, the filter pleats get ripped apart.

If I ever figure out cad, I’d like to cnc a bracket to do a remote spin on filter and bypass this whole thing.

I have it out so I can convert the oil cooler out of the ac condenser and run in in the trucks bed cage with fans.
Have you looked into a mesh filter like K&P?

Did you notice higher oil pressure values off of the performance pages gauge with the Amsoil filters?

Please do share. I have collected probably close to 50 samples between my truck and others who have shared (across the Hellcat engine platform, not just TRX).

The goal is to process the data into something more digestible for everyone. Also will be running virgin samples of the top 5 most popular oils for this platform because it will add a lot of context to everyone’s UOAs. I have some done already but they are a few years old and not from the best lab.
Currently running Fram FS2 with Schaeffer oil. Thinking about using multiple labs for my next sample including Blackstone and Oil Analyzers. Do you have a third lab I could include? Might be interesting to see how 3 results from the same sample stack up. Not the same as chopping up 50 filters, but my small contribution. Thanks for everything you have done for the forum!

Currently running Fram FS2 with Schaeffer oil. Thinking about using multiple labs for my next sample including Blackstone and Oil Analyzers. Do you have a third lab I could include? Might be interesting to see how 3 results from the same sample stack up. Not the same as chopping up 50 filters, but my small contribution. Thanks for everything you have done for the forum!
I use TestOil but you have to buy 5-10 kits at a time and set up an account. WIX was a decent “cheap” option back when they were like $20 but they don’t check fuel at all. Hard to think of many others worth using at this point.

If past comparisons hold true, Blackstone will undershoot fuel and viscosity. Everything else should be within a reasonable range.

Thanks for doing all this work. Since I am almost out of Amsoil filters, based on all your work, I figured I'd try the Ford Performance filters for the TRX and wife's Scat Pack.

Feel a little dirty putting a Ford filter on the truck, but they look like a really good filter, so I'm OK with spending a little more for them. Bought a pack of 'em for about $17 each from Summit, and they are indeed the genuine article (lots of fakes floating around right now for sale at some sites, normal 820s filters with a fake Ford Performance label on them).

Thanks for doing all this work. Since I am almost out of Amsoil filters, based on all your work, I figured I'd try the Ford Performance filters for the TRX and wife's Scat Pack.

Feel a little dirty putting a Ford filter on the truck, but they look like a really good filter, so I'm OK with spending a little more for them. Bought a pack of 'em for about $17 each from Summit, and they are indeed the genuine article (lots of fakes floating around right now for sale at some sites, normal 820s filters with a fake Ford Performance label on them).
The Ford Performance is a really nice filter, no doubt. Just a shame about the brand…don’t think I can do it. I did use their grease on my driveshaft though.

Oil sample turned in today, they said it usually takes about a week to a week in a half to get results back

Everything looks pretty good there. 👍
I thought so too. The samples I sent in for all the equipment at my last job must have tested for more though, these results seem to be short compared to them

I have the amsoil filter and Amsoil oil.

Oil temps at 170° ish because it’s cool out and oil pressure was hanging around 71-72 psi while driving.

I forgot to pay attention to warm idle pressure

I have the amsoil filter and Amsoil oil.

Oil temps at 170° ish because it’s cool out and oil pressure was hanging around 71-72 psi while driving.

I forgot to pay attention to warm idle pressure
With amsoil oil and FE2 filter, I'm about 42-44 warm idle, 68-71 driving. Oil temps around 200

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back