2025 TRX reveal

This thing is going to cost at least $90k and from what I’ve seen literally just be a TRX without the hellcat. No upgraded suspension, exterior, wheels, tires of brakes. Maybe a new interior?

Let’s be real here, the Raptor is objectively a better platform suspension and off-roading wise. People bought the TRX for the engine and interior. With that gone I cannot fathom people paying more money for this than a Raptor, also their new interiors are pretty decent. Really interested to see the build numbers when they start, I’m guessing it’s low.

I think this wimpy dork is just out of touch with the American market and wants his ESG bonus from Blackrock and Vanguard.

1444x920_le-pdg-de-stellantis-carlos-tavares-dans-une-usine-de-turin-en-italie-le-10-avril-2024.png

This thing is going to cost at least $90k and from what I’ve seen literally just be a TRX without the hellcat. No upgraded suspension, exterior, wheels, tires of brakes. Maybe a new interior?

Let’s be real here, the Raptor is objectively a better platform suspension and off-roading wise. People bought the TRX for the engine and interior. With that gone I cannot fathom people paying more money for this than a Raptor, also their new interiors are pretty decent. Really interested to see the build numbers when they start, I’m guessing it’s low.

The V6 Raptor is $85-95k. If the RHO sells for the same price, it will be a good buy. The RHO has at least a 90HP advantage. Off road capability/suspension is nearly a wash compared to the TRX. The RHO might get a suspension upgrade and should be 400-500lbs lighter than the TRX. The new Ford interior still doesn't measure up to the TRX and we have no idea if the RHO gets an upgraded interior.

The V6 Raptor is $85-95k. If the RHO sells for the same price, it will be a good buy. The RHO has at least a 90HP advantage. Off road capability/suspension is nearly a wash compared to the TRX. The RHO might get a suspension upgrade and should be 400-500lbs lighter than the TRX. The new Ford interior still doesn't measure up to the TRX and we have no idea if the RHO gets an upgraded interior.
wonder if that is why they jumped the price of the TRX so drastically in 4 years so that when they introduce the RHO at 95 fully loaded it is in direct competition to the Raptor.

I’m curious about it but have no opinion either way yet, let’s say it’s 80/85k loaded right typically 10k off is about avg when it’s time to buy so for 70-75k real numbers might get some buyers. I didn’t spend 100k on a truck for how fast it is or the way it sounds it was for the overall package. If it is lighter with better suspension etc and gets over 15mpg for 75k I might take a look but not make the jump.

We still don’t know what they improved or missed with the RHO. Many Gen 1 Raptor owners refused to go to a Gen 2 solely based on engine alone. They didn’t care about the numerous upgrades.
I agree ram went crazy and did something amazing with the trx, let’s relish in the feat they accomplished, be happy it happened and not demolish a completely different truck just because it’s not the same 🤣😂
TRX 21-24
RHO 25+

Now if Ram comes out and says this is a second gen trx… by all means bring out pitchforks.
^THIS^

Most of you got the TRX and thang God you did when you did.
Post title click-baity calling it '25 TRX when that misnomer was never said by RAM and has been beaten to death here.
that being said, the comparison against raptor is valid and interesting and will be fun debate

Hey if it goes fast or can be made fast, and be a slightly more efficient powerplant im game, would be really cool if they made a hybrid version to get back to the 700hp or higher.

Hey if it goes fast or can be made fast, and be a slightly more efficient powerplant im game, would be really cool if they made a hybrid version to get back to the 700hp or higher.
May be a situation where more power is riskier to get as opposed to true and tried engine like the hellcat.

I really don’t get the hate. From everything I have seen it is not called a trx. But everyone is talking about it like it’s the next gen trx.
If everyone just compartmentalized that the trx was from 21-24 and then ram went over to the RHO from 25-xy. I think it will more than likely be a great truck with plenty of lessons learned from the trx. Maybe a few suspension upgrades, loss of weight possibly who knows. Regardless it’s a different truck not a new trx.
And close to 500 lbs off the nose won’t hurt off road

They have to realize that they're going head to head withe the Raptor now, with an unproven powertrain. They're not gonna be competitive in the segment if they can't come in just under the Raptor and start showing what it's capable of once they pull the cover off it.
The powertrain has been out in the Wagoneer, so it’s far from unproven

The hellcat is tried and true. Yes it has its known issues but from a maintenance perspective my money is on a tested v8 6.2 supercharged and not a new 3.0 6 cylinders with turbos, especially powering a 6k pound awd truck. I know I have read a few articles that the new hurricane engine has issues in the wagoneers, which is the same engine as the new rho but the rho tune is upped. Regardless, I have driven both ford and tundra 6 cylinder turbos and they’re wimpy compared to the TRX.
The RHO has the same HP as the HO Hurricane in my wife’s Wagoneer. And it scoots in the Wagoneer. 45,000 miles with zero issues and 16-17 MPG so far

500 lbs of the nose is an improvement in suspension….

The TRX weighs around 6,400lbs. That’s 9.1lbs per HP.

If the RHO weighs 5900lbs and has the current HO with 540hp, we’re looking at 10.9lbs per HP.

That’s not going to cut it for those of us who own a TRX. And that’s just the power to weight ratio. What about the sound and driving experience? I had a 2020 Raptor, and it was a nice truck. But the Raptor never had the soul like the TRX does. It’s two different driving experiences.

Back