GeorgeSRT2020

TRX Fiend
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Current Ride #2
2023 Wagoneer L
Anyone replace a windshield in their TRX ? Any issues or concerns to look out for while having it replaced ?

I have an OEM glass on order and it will be replaced at the end of the month

Thanks

Are you going with safelite? I need to get mine done as well.

Are you going with safelite? I need to get mine done as well.
No had issues with safelite a couple years ago with a Chevrolet Tahoe, going to use a local auto glass shop that will order oem glass

I've already had mine replaced twice. They both got broken twice in almost the exact same spot outside Amarillo. Thankfully I lowered my comprehensive deductible to $0 and insurance covered both of them. No issues with either replacement. Definitely recommend going with OEM glass, heard the aftermarket windshields have issues with sensors. Also do your research, might ask the dealer who they use. It's easy to scuff up the trim on these around the inside of the windshield if they aren't careful.

How much are you all seeing on pricing? The OEM windshield I got quoted like $1600 for just the part

As others have mentioned, go with OEM and you’ll be fine. I had to replace mine over a year ago.

@Dudebro I paid $250 for my OEM replacement/install at Safelite.

The cost of the glass varies a lot depending on the options on your truck. If you have the adaptive safety group with lane keep assist and adaptive cruise the factory glass retails for over $1,700. I thought even the basic one with no extra sensors was over $1,100, that is a great deal at $250 for factory glass.

Last edited:
I used safelite and they fucked it up twice. In fact the driver and passenger carpets are finally being shampooed and deodorized today.

I used safelite and they fucked it up twice. In fact the driver and passenger carpets are finally being shampooed and deodorized today.
Exact reason I don't want to use satellite, Did they use OEM glass ?

2 out of 3. The 3rd time after I called corporate the magic window fairy appeared.

Glass coverage with zero deductible it’s a $3.50 add on to my premium, that im happy to pay.

FWIW - I contacted the shop that did my tint, ceramic and ppf and they referred someone to handle the replacement. All of it still went through insurance but it was an independent dude that evidently knew his shit. I'd recommend going the referral route from a reputable shop.

The cost of the glass varies a lot depending on the options on your truck. If you have the adaptive safety group with lane keep assist and adaptive cruise the factory glass retails for over $1,700. I thought even the basic one with no extra sensors was over $1,100, that is a great deal at $250 for factory glass.
Not sure how the glass would vary when all levels (base, 1, and 2) have the same sensors behind the windshield. This is why you can add adaptive cruise control to a base model or non-advanced level 1 or 2 after you take delivery of the truck.

Regardless of what the retail cost is, it all depends on your auto policy/state. Being a Florida resident before moving to Montana, all windshield replacements are free. Now being in Montana, I structured my State Farm policy to be $250 for each windshield replacement—have been thinking about changing it to a zero dollar deductible given how many rock chips I get :(

On a side note, I have tried Exoshield and wasn’t that impressed. Had to have it replaced under the first year due to a warranty issue. Second go around windshield still cracked behind the film. Not worth the money IMO.

Not sure how the glass would vary when all levels (base, 1, and 2) have the same sensors behind the windshield. This is why you can add adaptive cruise control to a base model or non-advanced level 1 or 2 after you take delivery of the truck.

Regardless of what the retail cost is, it all depends on your auto policy/state. Being a Florida resident before moving to Montana, all windshield replacements are free. Now being in Montana, I structured my State Farm policy to be $250 for each windshield replacement—have been thinking about changing it to a zero dollar deductible given how many rock chips I get :(

On a side note, I have tried Exoshield and wasn’t that impressed. Had to have it replaced under the first year due to a warranty issue. Second go around windshield still cracked behind the film. Not worth the money IMO.
Exoshield only midigates the small rock chips. Anything bigger than a dime / nickel (that would normally crack the windshield) will still crack the windshield.

Back