Whipple Supercharger Gen 5 3.0L Stage 2 Competition Kit - WK-3500C-S2-30

I don’t think one is “better”

Your tuner will use one or the other. Pick a tuner then choose. Barth uses Diablo. Think Hemituner uses HP
thats subjective, but def use what ever your tuner is familiar with

Well Whipple is now taking orders for this kit. Just put order in to get in line. They are saying June/July time frame for delivery.

Hemi orange to match cylinder heads and HPTuners new PCM.

Last edited:
The kit, HPTuners PCM + tax $8,500.00 in parts + labor and tuning. They are saying 3 hours to remove all the stock parts, 3-4 hours put the Whipple kit on and then the tuning. They capped it at $10,000.00 or less.

No one has really done a TRX, so they will be some unknowns or work around's to mount everything I am sure.

I guess due to the modified dual in, dual out intercoolers, the intake temps are a lot lower than stock setup. Don't know if its just marketing, but it suppose be way better than stock setup and your jumping from 2.4L blower to 3.0L blower with 2 inner coolers that pass thru one than the other to really cool intake temp charge down. Should be interesing what it actually makes power wise.

Stage 2 Supercharger system features the billet 112mm throttle body and billet -8AN fuel rails.
  • Expensive porting not required to make power
  • Massive, dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L
  • Inverted design allows for oversized intercooler, each core is 2.125” thick, dual pass = 4.25” thick core
  • Dual in, dual out intercooler for increased water flow
  • 112mm opening for compatibility with stock TB, 102mm, 105mm and Whipple’s 112mm
  • Billet rotors far superior to cast rotors for high rpm operation
  • ¾ rotor vs 3/5, 33% lower male rotor speed
  • Superior profile with shorter leak path
  • Thrust retaining system for better bearing support
  • Massive air inlet for high flow (porting not required to get power)
  • Optional high flow cold air system
  • Fits stock fuel rail, stock injectors or billet Whipple -8 rails
  • Works with stock belt system and optional balancer options
  • Works with electronic bypass control
  • Works with stock TMAP sensors
  • New over bearing 5-bolt supercharger pulleys
  • Billet bearing plate and oil cover
  • Custom colors available

Oh, I wanted to ask, are these engines, tuned to max from the factory, or if someone just got an unlocked PCM and just tuned it better, would there be any power gains?

Always wanted to know what the real difference between the Hellcat standard 2.4L blower setup and the RedEye 2.7L blower setup. Is it just a larger blower and more aggressive tune, or were other components added to RedEye.

Thanks

So I spent a good half day at performance shop yesterday and got some crazy rides in modified Hellcat challenger and track hawk. 850 RWHP. Wow.

I am pretty much sold on the drive-ability, stability and reliability of Hellcat SC upgrades as they have been happening since 2016. It drives the same just cruising, but whole lot more power at wide open throttle.

So If i am going to void warranty, going to do it all. Run on 93 pump gas, upper and lower pulleys, pin crank, injectors, fuel rails, fuel pump or voltage regulators, new unlocked PCM and tune. It ends up being half the price of Hennessy.

The only variable is the TRX air box. They have 4WD drive dyno.
The Whipple supercharger5 SC makes alot of sense, which is suppose to have a dual pass, dual core intercooler technology for twice the cooling area of any other PD SC for 6.2L

I am looking at going with the new Whipple upgraded SC. This is what was recommended to me if I want to swap superchargers.

Anyone want to tell me why not to do this supercharger verses the RED Eye 2.7 blower?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Totally worth it. And as a bonus you don’t have to worry about driving around with a gay Hennessey badge.

Oh, I wanted to ask, are these engines, tuned to max from the factory, or if someone just got an unlocked PCM and just tuned it better, would there be any power gains?

Always wanted to know what the real difference between the Hellcat standard 2.4L blower setup and the RedEye 2.7L blower setup. Is it just a larger blower and more aggressive tune, or were other components added to RedEye.

Thanks
Ported stock blower and snout will achieve those goals with just an upper pulley and injectors. No boost a pump or crank pinning or any of that stuff needed unless your shooting for like 950 whp imo. Got mine dialed in now running 7.0-7.2 1/8s at 100 mph right now with just a stock ported Kong blower snout 108 tb, 2.85 upper, id1300cc injectors and a 4.5” intake we fabbed up to the stock air box.

Thanks
They also have an intercooler setup that helps a lot with keeping consistent IAT's (keeps the ecu from pulling timing to reduce HP from heat soak). Also, a bigger displacement blower will generally more efficient at the same boost and thus lower temps, and less work from the motor/blower.

The whipple will be a noticeable improvement, even at the same boost #'s as the stock blower, and will be able to turn up the wick with less heat and still stay within the blower's efficiency range.

Glad I found this thread, looking into supercharger upgrade options myself now. I know Magnuson also has a 6.2L Hellcat blower, not sure what the fitment would be like with the TRX / what would be needed to make it work. Obviously Hennessey has already done a blower upgrade on their Mammoth 1000, really interested to see the tuning community start doing some work with these vehicles.

I see 2 units available - for a "street" vehicle, what kind of differences do we see between the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Whipple units?

Last edited:
know Magnuson also has a 6.2L Hellcat blower, not sure what the fitment would be like with the TRX / what would be needed to make it work. Obviously Hennessey has already done a blower upgrade on their Mammoth 1000
The mags is a direct bolt on from what I understand. Hennessy is just pulleys, not a blower swap based on their published specs

The mags is a direct bolt on from what I understand. Hennessy is just pulleys, not a blower swap based on their published specs
Hennessey actually has 2 kits - the 900 kit is pulleys, the 1000 kit is actually a supercharger upgrade from what the spec sheet looks like unless it's misleading with the "Upgraded Supercharger System".

Mammoth 1000
• Upgraded High-Flow Supercharger System
• Supercharger Front Drive Pulley Upgrade
• Supercharger Rear Drive Pulley Upgrade
• Crank Damper Pin Assembly Upgrade
• Upgraded Thermostat
• Heavy Duty Supercharger Belt
• Upgraded Spark Plugs
• High-Flow Fuel Injectors
• High-Flow Filtration System
• Crank Case Ventilation System
• HPE ECM Calibration Upgrade
• HPE TCM Calibration Upgrade
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• Chassis Dyno Testing
• Road Testing (up to 200 miles)
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Hennessey Exterior Badge
• MAMMOTH 1000 Exterior Badges
• Serial Number Plaques
• Limited Edition 1 of 200
• 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Warranty

Hennessey actually has 2 kits - the 900 kit is pulleys, the 1000 kit is actually a supercharger upgrade from what the spec sheet looks like unless it's misleading with the "Upgraded Supercharger System".

Mammoth 1000
• Upgraded High-Flow Supercharger System
• Supercharger Front Drive Pulley Upgrade
• Supercharger Rear Drive Pulley Upgrade
• Crank Damper Pin Assembly Upgrade
• Upgraded Thermostat
• Heavy Duty Supercharger Belt
• Upgraded Spark Plugs
• High-Flow Fuel Injectors
• High-Flow Filtration System
• Crank Case Ventilation System
• HPE ECM Calibration Upgrade
• HPE TCM Calibration Upgrade
• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids
• Professional Installation
• Chassis Dyno Testing
• Road Testing (up to 200 miles)
• Hennessey Embroidered Headrests
• Hennessey Exterior Badge
• MAMMOTH 1000 Exterior Badges
• Serial Number Plaques
• Limited Edition 1 of 200
• 2 Year / 24,000 Mile Warranty
Sounds like a port/polish on sc to me

Last I checked it was $50k?
Negative, Installed price $32,500. Direct from Hennessey. Still a ridiculous amount. My local shop quoted me ~$7,800 for their Stage 2 kit with the pulley / throttle body upgrades and tune.

Negative, Installed price $32,500. Direct from Hennessey. Still a ridiculous amount. My local shop quoted me ~$7,800 for their Stage 2 kit with the pulley / throttle body upgrades and tune.
The badges are $24,700

hennessey is out of their minds plus it will take them years to accomplish.

a 900 package is relatively easy to achieve. now just remember these vehicle lose more power than any other hellcats. even the TH. everything is larger. Also know that labor times will be more with the TRX due to the increased difficulty of the vehicle. meaning there is more to remove to access basic things as well as to even change a pulley on a TRX it takes much longer. one of the reasons for this is due to the fact there is no way to remove the COWL to remove the large 10mm bolts that hold the blower to the engine. so this adds to the labor as it takes much longer to do the simple tasks like just changing a pulley.

Now if a blower is being swapped out that can be achieved but for just a pulley I don't know about others but im not going to open the cooling system to achieve that. I will and have worked my way around that to achieve the swap. spark plugs on the drivers side is a pain in the butt. easiest way is to go through the tire well but that's additional time to remove the tire and inner liner. can they be done from the top of course but why . the brake booster covers access to cylinder 5 and makes you have to get crafty to access.

like others have said a whipple or magneson is way more efficient even over the redeye blower. I've done multiple maggys on redeyes and hellcats and they just simple perform better with LOWER intake charge temps. same psi will receive more power. turn it up and you still have the lack of heat on your side.

a whipple well they are new but if I know whipple like I do they are almost always last to the market but when they release they come correct. downside is to this day they are very hard to come by. they just really started shipping and they still aren't readily available. times for parts are tough right now.

A wise recommendation for those who live in heated climates. GO with ID injectors stay away from FIC. the reason for that is they don't like to work when the fuel rail pressure reaches certain psi and thus you'll get a situation where you can crank the car all day long and it will not open and start until that pressure comes down. so if your going to upgrade go with IDs your wont regret that decision.

I have a 22 on order so my current trx just got some basic treatment. but on the 22 it will get some real stuff. and a whipple is possible but that will be quite some time from now.

my current trx maxed out at 10.2 psi a ways away from 11 as plaque says. but whatever. Now with a basic 285 upper. 1050 injectors new plugs and a tune its 14.9/15.1 and is definitely a different vehicle. and if
I don't get into it the gas mileage is the same. pump gas. I love the power of "E" but the hassle not so much.

Ported stock blower and snout will achieve those goals with just an upper pulley and injectors. No boost a pump or crank pinning or any of that stuff needed unless your shooting for like 950 whp imo. Got mine dialed in now running 7.0-7.2 1/8s at 100 mph right now with just a stock ported Kong blower snout 108 tb, 2.85 upper, id1300cc injectors and a 4.5” intake we fabbed up to the stock air box.
That's great!! 7.0 is rolling that was the best i did in my factory 2019 charger hc on demon wheels

Can you post some pics of your air intake that you fabbed up to work with the stock airbox? You just ported the snout and not the entire blower? Thanks!

hennessey is out of their minds plus it will take them years to accomplish.

a 900 package is relatively easy to achieve. now just remember these vehicle lose more power than any other hellcats. even the TH. everything is larger. Also know that labor times will be more with the TRX due to the increased difficulty of the vehicle. meaning there is more to remove to access basic things as well as to even change a pulley on a TRX it takes much longer. one of the reasons for this is due to the fact there is no way to remove the COWL to remove the large 10mm bolts that hold the blower to the engine. so this adds to the labor as it takes much longer to do the simple tasks like just changing a pulley.

Now if a blower is being swapped out that can be achieved but for just a pulley I don't know about others but im not going to open the cooling system to achieve that. I will and have worked my way around that to achieve the swap. spark plugs on the drivers side is a pain in the butt. easiest way is to go through the tire well but that's additional time to remove the tire and inner liner. can they be done from the top of course but why . the brake booster covers access to cylinder 5 and makes you have to get crafty to access.

like others have said a whipple or magneson is way more efficient even over the redeye blower. I've done multiple maggys on redeyes and hellcats and they just simple perform better with LOWER intake charge temps. same psi will receive more power. turn it up and you still have the lack of heat on your side.

a whipple well they are new but if I know whipple like I do they are almost always last to the market but when they release they come correct. downside is to this day they are very hard to come by. they just really started shipping and they still aren't readily available. times for parts are tough right now.

A wise recommendation for those who live in heated climates. GO with ID injectors stay away from FIC. the reason for that is they don't like to work when the fuel rail pressure reaches certain psi and thus you'll get a situation where you can crank the car all day long and it will not open and start until that pressure comes down. so if your going to upgrade go with IDs your wont regret that decision.

I have a 22 on order so my current trx just got some basic treatment. but on the 22 it will get some real stuff. and a whipple is possible but that will be quite some time from now.

my current trx maxed out at 10.2 psi a ways away from 11 as plaque says. but whatever. Now with a basic 285 upper. 1050 injectors new plugs and a tune its 14.9/15.1 and is definitely a different vehicle. and if
I don't get into it the gas mileage is the same. pump gas. I love the power of "E" but the hassle not so much.
Who did you have tune the vehicle in the DFW area? Thanks! I ordered a 22 billet silver metallic and will be performing the jokerz snout upgrade, upper/lower, and ID injectors as well. Thanks!

Back