WHAT NEXT?

DOPEDINO13

Are we there yet?
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX LEVEL 2
I am coming up on the 6 month mark with my Level II Black on Black TRX. 6-8 months is usually my exit point in a vehicle as I normally get bored fast. I will say that the TRX is the first vehicle I have thought about keeping a bit longer. Like maybe 9 months to a year....

I normally debate this in my head and with a small group of friends. Now being a part of this community of like knuckle heads, I want to bounce this off of you. What next?

Do I keep the TRX?

Do I get a Hellcat, ZL1, Z06 and a "normal" truck again.

Do I go back to Euro and get an S or RS Audi, AMG Benz or M BMW

Is there anything out there that scratches the itch for you guys like the TRX that I am not thinking about?

I have no pre-requisites. I am open to all options comparable in price to at Level II TRX.

Let me hear what you guys are thinking.

I'm curious what folks have to say here. I have found that nothing is as versatile as the TRX.
Wanna haul the family? YES!
Wanna do house projects? YES!
Wanna gap mustangs? YES!
Wanna occasionally tow something? YES!

The only thing the truck does not exceed in is MPGs but thats heavily outweighed by smiles per gallon.

I feel like a wet blanket bringing this up but I just don’t understand why everyone on this forum seems to think these trucks are so fast. Especially people like the OP that seem to have a lot of seat time in proper fast vehicles. It’s absolutely the best of all worlds but it’s really just not that fast.

I feel like a wet blanket bringing this up but I just don’t understand why everyone on this forum seems to think these trucks are so fast. Especially people like the OP that seem to have a lot of seat time in proper fast vehicles. It’s absolutely the best of all worlds but it’s really just not that fast.
Do you own a TRX? For the size and weight and purpose it is its very fast :ROFLMAO:

The new s580 amg line is amazing. Zl1 1LE is the best outta that line, just going through tires left and right. Check out new Escalade v? Gle 63 s? I have had a few Mercedes’ and trucks. I wouldn’t know what to pick if I had once choice. Trx rides great for a truck, you can use it as a truck, a family car too. Great questions. I always say you need a truck, Bc you just never know but I think I would do gle 63 or new Escalade v, best of both worlds if I had once choice. Don’t quote me though

Like others have said......TRX checks nearly all the boxes so KEEP IT!
I traded my HC RE for the TRX, but with the end being near for the HC engine I am seriously considering ordering another RE for the garage.

Fast is relative........
Fast compared to a C7 Z06....no
Fast compared to a HC RE.....no
Fast compared to a ZX14R.....no
Fast compared to nearly every other STOCK truck out there......resounding yes!
Being a BAD ASS looking truck....YES!

I say I agree, but once you go from a trx to a Denali or something, you can tell a difference in power RIGHT away. I have had some fast cars, but I’d say you can tell a big difference if you go from one to another. the trx and Shelby’s throttle response and supercharger made it accelerate like a luxury sedan and confidence of getting around someone on highway, and that wasn’t at full throttle. With Denali I felt like you had to floor it to get that 415 horsepower and even then you weee barely moving. The trucks fast but absolutely not the fastest thing in the world for sure. Be interested to see the new Escalade V run it

I’m with ya. The TRX is the slowest vehicle I have owned since I was 18. It’s also the biggest. But I didn’t buy it for performance. It gets gapped by plenty of cars and trucks in my neighborhood (ICE and EV). It’s an off-road adventure truck with a comfy enough interior I can tolerate it on road-trips. So it works well for long distance hauls that end in some trail driving. With just enough performance that I don’t feel like I’m driving a lifted minivan. It’s does a lot of thing pretty well but nothing excellent.

Do you own a TRX? For the size and weight and purpose it is its very fast :ROFLMAO:
Yes. And I agree with all of those qualifiers. Maybe I’m not the boy racer type(I seem to get better MPG than most) but it’s just not out here gapping people like crazy. Maybe if at every stoplight I took the jump because of “oh yeah he blinked” it was a race. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I love the truck but I have to say that because of the way people on this forum talk about it, I was expecting it to feel Ike a GTR. That’s too bad because it awesome. It just can’t live up to the hype that this forum seems to just throw at its feet.

I am looking at getting a daily driver, as I have drove the crap out of mine in the last year, and don't want to be the first forum member to hit 100k on the odometer. Rubicon 392 is my first choice, might get a new wrx as they are fun and inexpensive

I am looking at getting a daily driver, as I have drove the crap out of mine in the last year, and don't want to be the first forum member to hit 100k on the odometer. Rubicon 392 is my first choice, might get a new wrx as they are fun and inexpensive
If they made the Gladiator with the 392 I would be in. I am a Finance Mgr. for a Subaru dealer in Vermont. I fucking hate Subaru’s and 99% of the customer base. That being said, the last gen STI is a drivers car. The new gen looks like a Civic and no STI available FWIW.

If they made the Gladiator with the 392 I would be in. I am a Finance Mgr. for a Subaru dealer in Vermont. I fucking hate Subaru’s and 99% of the customer base. That being said, the last gen STI is a drivers car. The new gen looks like a Civic and no STI available FWIW.
Amen to that. I look at the wrx as an awd civic.

Yes. And I agree with all of those qualifiers. Maybe I’m not the boy racer type(I seem to get better MPG than most) but it’s just not out here gapping people like crazy. Maybe if at every stoplight I took the jump because of “oh yeah he blinked” it was a race. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I love the truck but I have to say that because of the way people on this forum talk about it, I was expecting it to feel Ike a GTR. That’s too bad because it awesome. It just can’t live up to the hype that this forum seems to just throw at its feet.
It’s fast for a truck. Problem is that this truck has attracted a lot of “non truck people” trying to put this truck in different category than off road vehicle.

Yes the TRX is fast, but C7 Z06 fast no, but my viper and the TRX are close. My Viper weights half as much too. The first time I put the hammer down on my c7 zo6 I chocked on my tongue as I was not expecting it. I always forget how fast the TRX is and I drive it daily sometimes, but I never get use to it so far. You quickly forget you are driving something that is 6,500 pounds.

Bwhaha. Dude your situation is hilarious haha. You are the “make it happen guy” for Subaru which you hate AND you live in Vermont. Haha. That clientele must be AMAZING hahaha.

It is quick for a 6400lb brick pushing through the air on 35" offroad tires. Not quick compared to a lot of purpose built sports cars but still quicker than most vehicles on the road.

I think living out here has something to do with it too. 🤷‍♂️ There's so many high performance vehicles on the road at all times. I gotta imagine living in a small town with a TRX would give you that crank- to-my- kneecaps kind of confidence/mentality.

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back