What did you do to your TRX today?

TReX-RAM

TRX Addict 💉
Reaction score
Current Ride
TReX
these plugs match the skid plate very well, do you mind telling where to get these plugs? Thanks.
These plugs are smaller which have a lower profile. I tried both and these worked best (for me).
I had to paint them to match my black lower bumper plate tho.

Mpavalanche1

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Front skid plate isn't as hard as it sounds. Took me hour and 45 minutes using my battery operated tools. I've seen two videos for bumper removal. Bumper bolts are simple to get to if u take the oil cooler brackets off. Lots of bolts on bumper but not hard.
Someone at the dealership quoted me like $60 to do it. I held them to it. Needless to say, he probably got in trouble after it took the mechanic a couple hours.

andymacta

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Andy Carlson
Current Ride
Hummer H2
Someone at the dealership quoted me like $60 to do it. I held them to it. Needless to say, he probably got in trouble after it took the mechanic a couple hours.
I bet so. Bet he thought lower skid plate, not lower bumper. Lol

xerert

TRX Noob
Reaction score
Current Ride
Ford Raptor
These plugs are smaller which have a lower profile. I tried both and these worked best (for me).
I had to paint them to match my black lower bumper plate tho.

Thanks for the link!

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody, 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
these plugs match the skid plate very well, do you mind telling where to get these plugs? Thanks.
They are standard black auto plastic push rivets. I decided to sand them a bit in prep for some spraypaint and as I continued to sand, the color changed to a gray that matches the skid plate almost perfectly. It may sound crazy, but if you have some laying around, give it a try.

Reactions: Two

OnTheReel

TRX Junkie
Reaction score
Name
Zack
Current Ride
2021 TRX
They are standard black auto plastic push rivets. I decided to sand them a bit in prep for some spraypaint and as I continued to sand, the color changed to a gray that matches the skid plate almost perfectly. It may sound crazy, but if you have some laying around, give it a try.
You ever catch heat in IL with no front plate? I got a ticket years ago up in Milwaukee so I’m gun shy, but I really want the front plate gone.

SD49

TRX Fan
Reaction score
You ever catch heat in IL with no front plate? I got a ticket years ago up in Milwaukee so I’m gun shy, but I really want the front plate gone.
Always a roll of the dice. If they need a reason to harass you thats an easy one to pick out. Some cars I leave them on and some I take the risk. lol

TyRX

TRX Fiend
Reaction score
Current Ride
21 Silver TRX
Current Ride #2
69 Camaro w/ LS swap
Got Llumar IR Ceramic installed on all glass plus Llumar Air on windshield.

APEX TRX

In doubt, throttle out!
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody, 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1996 Bronco, 2015 Explorer Sport
I've lived in IL for 20 years now and have never put on the front plate nor got a ticket for it. Cops don't seem to care about that thankfully. I think it's different in Chicago, but I live in the burbs.

Mprice7767

TRX Fan
Reaction score
Name
Matt Price
Current Ride
2018 raptor
Ophir Pass

Attachments

• 355FC35E-CAB9-48C0-8E45-89BBA23857B0.jpeg
    355FC35E-CAB9-48C0-8E45-89BBA23857B0.jpeg
    463.1 KB · Views: 58

Russ103

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2019 Raptor
I've lived in IL for 20 years now and have never put on the front plate nor got a ticket for it. Cops don't seem to care about that thankfully. I think it's different in Chicago, but I live in the burbs.
I agree. As long as you’re not driving like a complete jackass and begging for LE attention, the lack of a front tag and tint laws can be ignored.

Last edited:
RAM TRX Forum Supporting Member Badge

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com