What did you do to your TRX today?

My boards came today and unfortunately were pretty badly damaged. I refused the delivery and am waiting on replacements. Looks like another week and a half of climbing in and out 😂😂.

I ordered PN 82215287AH through BAM. Does that include everything needed (wiring, etc) to install?

Yep. After seeing the size of the box and how poorly they're packed, I'm glad I bought mine through my dealer. I figured the UPS gorillas would trash the boards before they made it to my house. :LOL:

I programmed the running boards and the tailgate ajar warning with AlfaOBD. I ran out of time trying to get the amber signature lights activated. Are the configuration changes the same for the 23's as it is for the 21-22's?

Cust. Program Features: Daytime Running Lamps: Select: Enabled
Cust. Set Menu 1: Daytime Running Lights CSM Present: Select: Yes
ECUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present: Select: Yes
CBC Features: DRL Configuration: Select: Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lights: Select: Turn Signal
CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled: Select: Yes
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present: Select: No

After applying the above changes in AlfaOBD, my signature lights were amber for a few minutes, then went back to white. After a few ignition cycles, they are amber again.

20230902_102604.jpg

Last edited:
Yep. After seeing the size of the box and how poorly they're packed, I'm glad I bought mine through my dealer. I figured the UPS gorillas would trash the boards before they made it to my house. :LOL:
I actually was going to order through the dealer. I called on Saturday and the parts guy was already gone. My inpatient ass didn’t want to wait and got right on BAM and ordered 😂😂

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    424 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1340.jpeg
    IMG_1340.jpeg
    422 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1339.jpeg
    IMG_1339.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 88
Does it remove the driveshaft clunk?
I almost thought it did but no alas the clunk is still there. BUT it is definitely less noticeable. Hard to put into words but if my original clunk was a 3.5/10, the King clunk is a 2/10 - still there but definitely not as bad.

You cannot be cited for another states motor vehicle traffic or sometimes referred to vechicle maintenance statutes/law while traveling etc, when you are not a resident of the state of the jurisdiction the police officer is representing.

So example, if you live in NJ and don't have a front plate, which is the law in NJ - 2 plates, and drive into PA, a PA cop cannot stop you and write a NJ statute, nor can they cite you for a PA law if PA was a dual plate state.

Funny to say this but you are safer in another state without your plate than your home state if its a 2 plate state.

I have no front plate on my challenger, no one cares, and neither do I. the plate holder is ugly, its not going on and thats that. on my TRX i run two plates but thats cause the plate holder was there already.

Source, ex-le.
Good points here… that said, for those in 2 license plate states… I have a plate holder attached to my fairlead that allows for easy plate removal… plate comes off the second I hit the trails.

It’s tailgating season 🤘

Edit -- for those wondering, you can get the rivnuts (they're the kind that don't require the rivnut "gun") and various types of bottle openers on Amazon. Super simple to find, I used the M5 sized rivnuts. Also there was an existing hole in the bed (top bolt) so I only had to drill for the bottom hole.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpeg
    IMG_0063.jpeg
    666.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    663 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Gorgeous! Remind me, what trail(s) did you run to get to the top?
The trail is called “Top of the World” it’s out in Moab. Gorgeous area with a lot of amazing trails. I used to Jeep out there every year.

oh that's right. Any trail damage?
Top of the World only cost me some scuffs on the skid plate and hitch. Hell’s Revenge sheared the bolts off of the textured plate on my bed step and cost me the back two feet of my drivers side exhaust. Both of those could have been avoided with better driving but it was day one and my face was cramping up from grinning like a fool all day.

Attachments

• IMG_1469.jpeg
    IMG_1469.jpeg
    450 KB · Views: 117
Installed my Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions three ball system.
Very well made,sturdy and ergonomically correct setup with multiple options for radios, phones, tablets and cameras! Thanks again Bulletpoint!
IMG_9355.jpeg
IMG_9353.jpeg

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back