IdahoKTM

TRX Addict
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 Lunar Edition TRX
Current Ride #2
Airbus A321NX
I ordered my '21 Laramie exactly as I wanted it and I absolutely love the truck, but I have always had TRX envy. Every now and then, I do a search of local used TRX inventory and yesterday I found one that's not too far away and it seems to be priced right. It's a 2022 Billet Silver, Advanced Safety Group, Level 2, Red Interior accents, Pano Sunroof, TRX Hood/Exterior Graphics, Mopar Off-Road Running Boards, and the Beadlock Wheels. The only thing it's missing is the BUG. It only has 1,400 miles and it's selling for $94k. MSRP was $98,785. Based on my limited TRX knowledge, this truck seems to be priced right.

If I buy it, I will get the bed Rhino Lined and then swap my Mopar Power Running Boards and BUG tie downs/bed step from my Laramie to the TRX.

What do you guys think?

2022 TRX.jpg

Almost my exact truck. Seems priced fairly if you don’t want to wait in line for a new one. That exact truck in 2023 is closer to the 110k msrp range so not a bad deal.

No carbon? Kinda of a bummer considering all the other boxes they checked. But overall the price seems fair enough. Don’t think your bed step will transfer, Mopar does sell a TRX specific one. Rest of the stuff is no big deal to move over.

My 19 Laramie was the reason I had any interest in a TRX. Do it. You won't regret it.

No carbon? Kinda of a bummer considering all the other boxes they checked. But overall the price seems fair enough. Don’t think your bed step will transfer, Mopar does sell a TRX specific one. Rest of the stuff is no big deal to move over.

That's good to know. You saved me time finding out the hard way.

I skipped the carbon fiber when ordering my 2021. I really didn’t think it was worth the money. It’s a personal preference for sure, but not an option I’d pay extra for.

Do it. You will thank us all for helping to motivate you!!

I skipped the carbon fiber when ordering my 2021. I really didn’t think it was worth the money. It’s a personal preference for sure, but not an option I’d pay extra for.
I love the carbon fiber in my truck, but to your point, when I look at the dollar to carbon fiber per square inch ratio, it’s absolutely outrageous how much it cost for some different looking plastic trim.

Hear that, it definitely doesn’t add any function. Just saying at 98k this truck got most options (including the arguably more frivolous red accents). The CF package seems like a strange omission to save what amounts to a little over 1% of the MSRP at that point.

After talking to the dealer where I bought my Laramie and reading the Ram TRX Purchasing forum, I can get a better price waiting for the 2024's to open up and do a sold order. I would much rather order the truck like I want it, even if I have to wait 8-12 months. I'm in no hurry, I already own a truck that I like very much.

I ordered my '21 Laramie exactly as I wanted it and I absolutely love the truck, but I have always had TRX envy. Every now and then, I do a search of local used TRX inventory and yesterday I found one that's not too far away and it seems to be priced right. It's a 2022 Billet Silver, Advanced Safety Group, Level 2, Red Interior accents, Pano Sunroof, TRX Hood/Exterior Graphics, Mopar Off-Road Running Boards, and the Beadlock Wheels. The only thing it's missing is the BUG. It only has 1,400 miles and it's selling for $94k. MSRP was $98,785. Based on my limited TRX knowledge, this truck seems to be priced right.

If I buy it, I will get the bed Rhino Lined and then swap my Mopar Power Running Boards and BUG tie downs/bed step from my Laramie to the TRX.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 99444
I went from a fully loaded 19' Longhorn (loved that truck) to a 22' TRX and now a 23' TRX...JUST DO IT!!!

They had that truck for 99k seems like they want to get rid of it. Maybe you can squeeze another discount... With other trxs priced within 300 miles the price seems pretty good. Id go for it.

They had that truck for 99k seems like they want to get rid of it. Maybe you can squeeze another discount... With other trxs priced within 300 miles the price seems pretty good. Id go for it.
The price is pretty good compared to the rest of the used inventory in the PNW. I should be able to get a similarly equipped 2024 for no more than a few thousand above that price, so I'm going to hold out for that.

Last edited:
I agree, my sticker was 111k and came out to 96 with the discount reason. i didnt buy a low mile used one.

Well crap! I just drove a 2022 Level 2 TRX with 17,000 miles on it and I couldn't be more disappointed. The condition of the body was good, but the interior was hammered. If I had to guess, it looked like the interior had 100,000 miles worth of wear. A 4x6" patch of powder coating was completely worn off, down to the metal, on the power running boards. It had at least 10 drops of oil dripping off of the skid plate (could have been a sloppy oil change). The display was so dim, I could barely read it and I tried every setting to get it brighter. The exhaust was modified because it was obnoxiously loud. The tips were stock, so I'm guessing the muffler was replaced. The power was awesome, but it wasn't enough to overcome the fact that that truck was a piece of shit.

I will not make a decision on a TRX until I get a chance to drive a 2023 in a couple of weeks, but right now I'm 75/25 in favor of keeping my Laramie. When I drove away from the dealership, my wife said, "your truck is sooo much nicer". I was thinking the same thing.

Back