Tow mirrors compatible with surround camera?

THR evo8

TRX Fanatic
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Lexus IS 350awd
Current Ride #2
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR
When I spec'd out my TRX I clicked tow mirrors as well as the package with the surround camera. They went to approve it and said the tow mirrors weren't compatible with the surround camera. I said drop the mirrors because I would rather have the camera system. Came back 5 min later and said they got it to "go through" I said I don't want the mirrors to cause a conflict in the ordering process but they insisted it would be fine. Will they really work together? Never heard back from dealer. And they are not as receptive to my calls compered to before my purchase. Also, they knew nothing about a trailer camera wiring option I've seen on LE. Just looking for answers. Thanks in advance.

I would take this to mean if you have the Level 2 package the tow mirrors would have the surround view camera

”These black trailer tow mirrors are heated, powered, power-folding and include a trailer spotter light. Additional multifunction features include: exterior courtesy lamps, supplemental turn signals, memory positioning and may include the available Surround View Camera. They help with visibility when towing wide or long trailers.”

I didn’t see the trailer camera wiring option while building the truck online either & when the dealer gave me all the options on their end it wasn’t brought up, thinking it can be had after purchase, they are working on a lot of parts that will be available.

Last edited:
Yes, I have the level 2 with tow mirror option. Thank you for the info!

I would take this to mean if you have the Level 2 package the tow mirrors would have the surround view camera

”These black trailer tow mirrors are heated, powered, power-folding and include a trailer spotter light. Additional multifunction features include: exterior courtesy lamps, supplemental turn signals, memory positioning and may include the available Surround View Camera. They help with visibility when towing wide or long trailers.”

I didn’t see the trailer camera wiring option while building the truck online either & when the dealer gave me all the options on their end it wasn’t brought up, thinking it can be had after purchase, they are working on a lot of parts that will be available.
This was what brought on the concern. It says they are not compatible. Fingers crossed I guess.

Attachments

• 20200825_104251.jpg
    20200825_104251.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 96
When I have configured other trucks (Laramie/Limited) since they came out with the Surround Camera they have always said not compatible with tow mirrors.

This was what brought on the concern. It says they are not compatible. Fingers crossed I guess.

That’s strange. So on the build summary under “Exterior” details on the tow mirrors it says “and may include the available Surround View Camera.” On the “Interior“ part of the summary under surround view camera it has the “N/A with trailer tow mirrors“. I have my original build summary that I did last week online and it says the same thing.

Just looked around at some forums and guys have complained about the tow mirrors (tow package) not having the surround camera on their 1500’s, few were surprised about it after delivery but they are also complaining that the tow mirrors don’t fold. Yet the TRX tow mirrors fold so there could have been changes? The 1500 tow mirrors look different than the TRX tow mirrors. Guess I would try and ask the dealer to confirm with their rep?

Last edited:
*Update* I messaged the dealer and said drop the tow mirror option due to others confirming they are not compatible. Was told they have a 2021 Chrysler rep looking into it because they may have made a change in the 2021 MY and are waiting on word from him. As soon as I hear anything I will post it.

This is interesting. I ordered the tow mirrors but expected the surround cameras. I didn’t know you couldn’t have both. I contacted my dealer today and he says he will look into it. Hopefully we get an answer soon.

**CLOSED** Just received this text from my salesman-
"Direct quote from my boss...
FCA rep confirmed 2021 Ram trucks with surround view camera doesn't change when tow mirrors are added. This is direct from supply chain reps who know their stuff. Many dealership employees don't know this as they haven't had training on the updates from current year to next. No need to change the order"
Hope this helps others, it made me feel better.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back