SLP Loudmouth’s Arrived!

Any drone at sustained highway speeds between 60-80 mph? @Informal @GreatWhiteTRX
Because of the transmission, when you’re in “auto” mode and how it cruises at higher gears, there’s no drone at all when driving on a highway or interstate, and even when it’s loud, the loudness isn’t “drone” if that makes sense

A lil louder would be muffler delete tbh
Which is crazy to think the hollow pipe that is an SLP loudmouth would offer any type of sound deadening.

I banded off the exhaust vents last week and that gave it more sound, but also woke up the drone gods. I think I may leave the vents closer to the cab open and seal off the others and see what happens. If I get bored enough (likely)

Which is crazy to think the hollow pipe that is an SLP loudmouth would offer any type of sound deadening.

I banded off the exhaust vents last week and that gave it more sound, but also woke up the drone gods. I think I may leave the vents closer to the cab open and seal off the others and see what happens. If I get bored enough (likely)
So it is still packed hard in material which is why. I had a conversation with the guy that does all my exhausts and he basically said after the truck was on the lift not to much difference between the stuck and Slp and the exhaust is sweet from the factory and to just do a muffler delete

So it is still packed hard in material which is why. I had a conversation with the guy that does all my exhausts and he basically said after the truck was on the lift not to much difference between the stuck and Slp and the exhaust is sweet from the factory and to just do a muffler delete

My muffler guy looked at them, and said.... So... muffler delete?
Hope you didn't pay too much.

Nope... it's your labor that's killing me
:ROFLMAO:

SLP has two options in the 3" ones... the 31066 which is straight through (no packing) and the 31067 which has packing in it... the 67 (muffler) should be a deeper sounding cleaner tone with only a couple decibel reduction in sound... where the 66 (resonator) would be a little more raspy and slightly louder. So... the 67 (muffler) slightly louder than stock and deeper... then the 66 (resonator) slightly louder than that.

I plan to get the mufflers seeking the deeper smoother sound... on my Hellcat car I had done the Vibrant 1794 which is similar but shorter (12" vs the 18" SLP) and loved the tone and depth... being the truck will be my daily driver and started early am and late pm... the 67 SLP makes the most sense. But for those looking for smooth/deep and louder than the SLP 67 muffler... the Vibrant 1794 would be *slightly* louder (likely barely enough to tell).

Loudmouth’s showed up yesterday, ordered from Summit Racing on Thursday night! Going to do a cold start video stock tomorrow morning, hopefully have them installed tomorrow afternoon, and then do the same cold start video on Tuesday morning at the same time of day, same position, just so everyone has an exact condition comparison between these and stock. Excited to hear it!

View attachment 39795
What was the cost

So, I sealed off only the two vents furthest from the cab and that did the trick on the drone. It seems louder too, but it could be all in my head.

Back