Situational Awareness

Georgia TRX

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Good afternoon all

I was just out getting lunch at Whole Foods in Midtown and ran into an interesting situation.

I parked on the main deck and saw a purple Cherokee which may have been a SRT or a Trackhawk. The guy driving pulled in a spot perpendicular to mine across a lane people use to drive through the garage. I thought to myself "nice cherokee" then armed my kill switch and took the escalator to get some food. I was going to complement the guy's vehicle but he did not exit the vehicle.

Due to my paranoia I decided to eat my lunch at the truck in the garage and noticed a narrow body challenger round the corner and the guy inside had a balaclava or winter sports style mask on. Mind you it is 81 degrees fahrenheit outside.

I remembered the same style of facial covering from a recent foiled attempt late last year. I stared at the Challenger as he passed me and went down the row of cars, parked and got out and stared at me sideways but acted like he wasnt looking. I powered up the truck and got inside.

The guy in the Cherokee bailed out and while he did he appeared to be shaking his head and saying "damn!"

it appears I just dodged another attempt and the cherokee may have been a spotter.

Watch out for people with winter sports training face masks in the summer time. There is no reason to have one except to conceal your identity.

listen to your spidey sense, i think mine is getting pretty good at this point.

This sounds like racial profiling. I'm sure they were either doctors or engineers. You should be ashamed of yourself, Alex.

This sounds like racial profiling. I'm sure they were either doctors or engineers. You should be ashamed of yourself, Alex.
There are so many types of jobs young men can do. These guys have to be clinically mentally ill and addicted to the dopamine rush of crime i guess.

There are so many types of jobs young men can do. These guys have to be clinically mentally ill and addicted to the dopamine rush of crime i guess.
That's a very polite way to put it 😁

Good afternoon all

I was just out getting lunch at Whole Foods in Midtown and ran into an interesting situation.

I parked on the main deck and saw a purple Cherokee which may have been a SRT or a Trackhawk. The guy driving pulled in a spot perpendicular to mine across a lane people use to drive through the garage. I thought to myself "nice cherokee" then armed my kill switch and took the escalator to get some food. I was going to complement the guy's vehicle but he did not exit the vehicle.

Due to my paranoia I decided to eat my lunch at the truck in the garage and noticed a narrow body challenger round the corner and the guy inside had a balaclava or winter sports style mask on. Mind you it is 81 degrees fahrenheit outside.

I remembered the same style of facial covering from a recent foiled attempt late last year. I stared at the Challenger as he passed me and went down the row of cars, parked and got out and stared at me sideways but acted like he wasnt looking. I powered up the truck and got inside.

The guy in the Cherokee bailed out and while he did he appeared to be shaking his head and saying "damn!"

it appears I just dodged another attempt and the cherokee may have been a spotter.

Watch out for people with winter sports training face masks in the summer time. There is no reason to have one except to conceal your identity.

listen to your spidey sense, i think mine is getting pretty good at this point.
Good thing you were alert. It's just getting so bad out there that it's almost like you can only drive the truck around, not stop anywhere, and then get home and immediately lock it up again.

Good thing you were alert. It's just getting so bad out there that it's almost like you can only drive the truck around, not stop anywhere, and then get home and immediately lock it up again.
essentially, yes. I am at a point where i only eat at "go inside" restaurants in Kennesaw and Johns Creek and other more quiet suburbs. No park and eat in ATL.

essentially, yes. I am at a point where i only eat at "go inside" restaurants in Kennesaw and Johns Creek and other more quiet suburbs. No park and eat in ATL.
I bought the truck for, among other things, going mountain biking and snowboarding. The obvious problem is, once I get to those locations, the thieves will know that I will be gone for a while, giving them plenty of time to try and take it. I have IGLA/Compustar, but still I hate leaving it anywhere unattended. It's funny, I have more expensive cars than the TRX but don't feel anything like that.

I bought the truck for, among other things, going mountain biking and snowboarding. The obvious problem is, once I get to those locations, the thieves will know that I will be gone for a while, giving them plenty of time to try and take it. I have IGLA/Compustar, but still I hate leaving it anywhere unattended. It's funny, I have more expensive cars than the TRX but don't feel anything like that.
There is probably less black market demand for your other vehicles.

There is probably less black market demand for your other vehicles.
I'm sure you are right. The engine is one of the things that drew me to the TRX. Unfortunately, it did the same thing for the thieves.

I have IGLA/Compustar, but still I hate leaving it anywhere unattended. It's funny, I have more expensive cars than the TRX but don't feel anything like that.
Ya, this is what I am afraid of. I want to be able to drive mine anywhere. If I spend another $3k and still worry about it, might as well just sell it

Ya, this is what I am afraid of. I want to be able to drive mine anywhere. If I spend another $3k and still worry about it, might as well just sell it
I did take it snowboarding and I had to park it outside for a week. The parking spot was just outside the living room though so it was real easy to check on it. But for mountain biking, I'm probably just going to use another car when I go to the more remote trailheads so I don't have to worry about it. It kind of pisses me off.

I stopped at an outlet mall a couple weeks ago so the wife could make a quick return. We noticed a chevy truck with a passenger going to random cars in the parking lot. He would go up to driver door on a vehicle then on to the next one. Passenger even rode on nerf bar at times then on to next aisle.
We waited for them and sure enough, they came back around and straight to our driver door. Kid was definitely surprised that we were in it. He was putting out business cards of his detail business on all the higher end cars in the lot 🤣. This was our response lol
200w (12).gif

Thats part of owning a TRX these days...we become theft detectives and aware of all that could go down.

Nice read of the situation. Looks like you are prepared with switch, I would also throw an IGLA(don't mean to sound annoying) but theft is just going to get worse.

I no longer drive my truck at night unless it's parked at sight when I go eat with the family.

It's in a bad area or long periods of time in a parking lot, I take the wife's car...

Back