Boostane Revisited

Georgia TRX

TRX Junkie
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2023 TRX
Hello all

Older threads on this are pretty light and old so figured i would revisit.

Does anyone here run Boostane occaisonally or frequently purely as a buffer against bad gas?

I know it has MMT which is supposed to be bad for plugs and o2 sensors though boostane is supposed to have a suspension technology in it to address that.

If not, instead of Boostane to fight bad gas do you add a few gallons of e85 to 93 octane?

Alternatively do you mix full on race gas with 93 octane?

Again this is about fighting gas that may have a lower octane than advertised.

Thanks

I have not found somewhere where I was forced to fill up with "bad" gas yet, but I wouldn't do E85. Although it is a higher octane, it takes more of it to do the work, and unless you're tuned for it, may actually hurt more than it helps. (Now if you're tuned and maybe have higher capacity injectors, then that stuff will really work.)

In the past when I was forced to fill up with lower octane gas on a road trip (different vehicle, but same idea), I later filled up with even higher octane to compensate.

I’ve gone up to 18% ethanol on the stock tune. Not as an octane booster, just seeing what the truck could handle and doing other testing. Long term fuel trims were at +7% going down the road, which was about as far as I wanted to push.

These days I’m straight E10-93 and Red Line SL1 every oil change. Will be doing injectors and a flex tune this summer and go to primarily E85.

I only run chevron or shell. And 91 oct.

If the truck has to sit for any length of time, especially when it’s warm, I will toss in a little ethonol cleaner (to break up ethonol crystals) but lately it hasn’t been sitting.

My other poor truck, ugh. I fear starting it again. I used to start it every other week. It’s been months now.

Honestly just go to Costco. They sell so much gas its always fresh. Get their card as well and its 4% rebate on all fills plus the fact its always the cheapest gas in the hood.

Honestly just go to Costco. They sell so much gas its always fresh. Get their card as well and its 4% rebate on all fills plus the fact its always the cheapest gas in the hood.
There was a news story about bad gas at a costco here in ATL metro interstingly, but its ATL, everything is falling apart.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back