Road to 1000whp - Dynos included

Getting a quote on the 1300's now and i'll let you know about the 1050's
Ready to unload the 1050’s? If not, I’ll order some during Black Friday. 😎

Ready to unload the 1050’s? If not, I’ll order some during Black Friday. 😎
let me know if you see any good deals, i'd get my 1300's myself if they were on sale. next round of mods is kinda $$$ and with xmas right around the corner i might have to wait a little longer than i anticipated. got the kids a dog today 😵😵

let me know if you see any good deals, i'd get my 1300's myself if they were on sale. next round of mods is kinda $$$ and with xmas right around the corner i might have to wait a little longer than i anticipated. got the kids a dog today 😵😵
lol, right on. I cant find anything remotely close to a deal right now..... I'll check 1300's and if I see something, maybe we can work out some kinda swap.

Just wanted to post where I'm at currently - I finally picked up my truck up yesterday after having it in the shop for the past 5ish weeks as it underwent major surgery for the first round of modifications.

Mods:
Ported blower
Kong 108mm throttle body
Metco 2.85 pulley / HD Green Belt
Custom grind cams (Comp)
ARH Headers / Midpipe (with high flow GSport 850 cats)
Magnaflow XMOD Catback
ID1050 injectors
Tune via HP Tuners (ECU/TCM - changed redline to 6500RPM)
+all the supporting mods required to make this thing work

All in all - we're looking at essentially 11k in parts and 5k in labor - and a lot of that was between the XMOD exhaust (which was severely overpriced) and the ARH headers/mid pipe were $2600 combined - most of these gains can be achieved for less, but I also wanted the truck to be loud as hell so I consider it worth the cost (or at least that's what I tell myself) :ROFLMAO:
ZicIbRl.png

The beauty of this is that we've made over 160whp from baseline (597whp/568tq) and we're only running 14psi, as we lost approx 1-1.5lbs of boost from adding the headers, so there is still plenty of headroom here. The next steps are moving to a 2.65 or 2.5 pulley and a better intake system (either waiting for the aFe or having one fabricated) - I believe ~800whp is not out of the question for a stock blower setup on 93 oct. This is my DD so E85 was a no-go for me.

I only got the truck back yesterday so I have not had time yet to track it and see what times I'm running but that will be forthcoming - I'll update this thread and add some videos ASAP.
Can you tell me how you got the Kong 108 throttle body to fit the stock intake? Waiting on a ported snout to install my 108 but just looking at it, I don't see how the stock intake tube will fit over the 108. Thanks for any help.

Can you tell me how you got the Kong 108 throttle body to fit the stock intake? Waiting on a ported snout to install my 108 but just looking at it, I don't see how the stock intake tube will fit over the 108. Thanks for any help.
the guys that did the install had to essentially use a clamp to slightly narrow it to make it fit, probably decreasing the flow output minimally, but still much more airflow than stock

nice man. i've been working constantly to set aside the rest of my funding for my next move which will be coming in march when i do my e85 conversion. looking forward to really pushing the envelope
They don't have E85 around here, I'm going back to have a CAI put on and 110 tune added, that should help a little more. But it's an absolute beast, love it. However, it doesn't like to turn over 100 mph (so I've heard) - LOL ;)

They don't have E85 around here, I'm going back to have a CAI put on and 110 tune added, that should help a little more. But it's an absolute beast, love it. However, it doesn't like to turn over 100 mph (so I've heard) - LOL ;)
she's no porsche, sadly - but no one expected that on 35's hauling over 6000lbs :)

the cam thou... i need it lol
it's nice, i definitely get a lot of comments on that when im parked. people cocking their head sideways and listening for a minute "is that thing cammed?"

it's nice, i definitely get a lot of comments on that when im parked. people cocking their head sideways and listening for a minute "is that thing cammed?"
what cam did you go with?

Nice setup older post but popped up. Hoping to have mine back on the road shortly. Nuked #3 so watch the lean/fuel.

to anyone who is interested, i'm moving forward with my E85 conversion first week of April, I already had ID1050's but have to upgrade yet again for E85, so i'll be selling my ID1050's - only 3000 miles, Msrp currently $1092, but of course i'm flexible as they are slightly used. if anyone's interested in grabbing the 1050's 2nd week of April send me a message and we can figure something out.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back