Psifer Build Thread - Kong 2650 & HHP/BES 426

I do not have any symptoms like that. The driving behavior is the same between auto and manual for me. The only time I have experienced something remotely similar to that is when I've been out of boost for a while with the IC temps below the dew point. I suspect some condensation from the IC bricks makes its way into the piston chamber. It's not super common, and I'm able to entirely avoid the situation if I keep my IC temps above the dew point.

Out of curiosity, what upper pulley size are you running, and did you get your Kong 2650 ported?
Mine is very repeatable, almost like the TB doesn’t know how to meter the air in certain loads. This doesn’t happen nearly as bad on the big pulley for 93.

I’m running the 2.75 10% lower and did not port the 2650.
 
This is a little snip of what it does. It can get pretty bad compared to this too.
 
I've been starting to have some fun with the new build now that racing season has started.

Opening day at the drag strip was busy, so I only got a couple of runs in. I wanted to go easy on the drivetrain at first, so I did not use launch control. I was also still on the winter ethanol blend, at 73% ethanol, and did not have max timing unlocked in the tune. The air was great at 1060 DA. I managed to get a 10.86s @ 126.94mph. My 60' was only a 1.74s, plenty of room for improvement.

I ran into a 750whp Hellcat Charger on a big rear tire that was willing to run a 40-130mph. I started half a car back, pulled ahead, but ended up back to being behind by half a car when I saw 130mph on the dash and left off.

First, I plan on adding some E85R, Nitto NT555RIIs in 305/50R20, and using launch control to see how much better I can improve with the current setup. My goal is to be at or below 10.5s in the 1/4 mile with the current setup.

Second, I'll be installing a FID Triple Fuel Pump kit, Kong 2650 2.5" upper pulley, Kong Dual Idler, making my own -10an fuel line, and sending the Kong 2650 out to get ported. I'm hoping to be at or below a 9.5s in the 1.4 mile with this setup.

I'll still have a 2.35" upper and 15" OD lower to swap to if I want to max out my setup. My track enforces NHRA rules, so I can't surpass 9.0s or 150mph without needing to cage the truck. However, I don't think the Kong 2650 can get me that far, but it may get close.
 
I've made a fair number of changes to my setup, now making ~300hp more than previously. I'm hoping to get to my local track one last time before the season ends. Rumors are circulating that it's getting sold out to become a data center so who knows if I'll get another opportunity after this year. I'll have to travel out of state.

Here's a summary of the changes I made:
  • Ported the Kong 2650
  • Swapped 3.0" upper pulley to a 2.5"
  • Swapped AAD idler to a Kong dual idler
  • Fluidyne radiator
  • Manton billet valve covers
    • Vibrant, vent-to-atmosphere, catch can
    • -12AN PCV lines
  • -16AN intercooler lines
    • Deleted expansion tank from intercooler loop
  • Fuel Injection Depot triple-pump kit
    • 295 primary with two additional 285 fuel pumps
  • Swapped to custom fuel lines
    • I made a -10AN fuel line from the fuel hat to a FluidWorks 12GPM 10 micron external fuel filter. The line from the filter goes to a FluidWorks Y-block on the firewall that splits into two -8AN lines feeding the rear of both fuel rails. I then have the front of each fuel rail connected by a crossover that goes behind the blower, with an ethanol sensor and fuel pressure sensor in line.
  • Custom 5" air intake that goes to a short 6" bellmouth on the end so the K&N air intake can clamp onto it
  • Added v-bands to the Kooks long tube header collectors to eliminate minor exhaust leaks
  • Street-only wheel & tire setup
    • Nitto NT555R2 in 305/50R20
    • Custom wheels to resemble TE37s
      • 20x9.5 +0
      • Bead seat knurling to prevent the tire spinning on the wheel
      • Custom center caps with TRX logo
I'm working on getting some more videos to share. I'll be lining up with that same charger I raced and posted a video of previously. He's now making 950whp so it will be an interesting race. I went from making 14.5-15psi to now 21-22psi with this setup. I have a 2.35" upper that I was going to install, but I've heard from a couple of people that they had issues with the rotors contacting on the Kong 2650 after exceeding 25k rpm rotor speed. I'm at the limit with my current setup.

1791674763633.webp

1791674883074.webp

1791674897065.webp

1791674793087.webp


Here's very short clip I pulled off the FitCamX while doing some data logging. This was in 2nd gear, spinning at first and then caught traction. I'm still working on dialing in the tire pressure for the street.

 
Last edited:
I've made a fair number of changes to my setup, now making ~300hp more than previously. I'm hoping to get to my local track one last time before the season ends. Rumors are circulating that it's getting sold out to become a data center so who knows if I'll get another opportunity after this year. I'll have to travel out of state.

Here's a summary of the changes I made:
  • Ported the Kong 2650
  • Swapped 3.0" upper pulley to a 2.5"
  • Swapped AAD idler to a Kong dual idler
  • Fluidyne radiator
  • Manton billet valve covers
    • Vibrant, vent-to-atmosphere, catch can
    • -12AN PCV lines
  • -16AN intercooler lines
    • Deleted expansion tank from intercooler loop
  • Fuel Injection Depot triple-pump kit
    • 295 primary with two additional 285 fuel pumps
  • Swapped to custom fuel lines
    • I made a -10AN fuel line from the fuel hat to a FluidWorks 12GPM 10 micron external fuel filter. The line from the filter goes to a FluidWorks Y-block on the firewall that splits into two -8AN lines feeding the rear of both fuel rails. I then have the front of each fuel rail connected by a crossover that goes behind the blower, with an ethanol sensor and fuel pressure sensor in line.
  • Custom 5" air intake that goes to a short 6" bellmouth on the end so the K&N air intake can clamp onto it
  • Added v-bands to the Kooks long tube header collectors to eliminate minor exhaust leaks
  • Street-only wheel & tire setup
    • Nitto NT555R2 in 305/50R20
    • Custom wheels to resemble TE37s
      • 20x9.5 +0
      • Bead seat knurling to prevent the tire spinning on the wheel
      • Custom center caps with TRX logo
I'm working on getting some more videos to share. I'll be lining up with that same charger I raced and posted a video of previously. He's now making 950whp so it will be an interesting race. I went from making 14.5-15psi to now 21-22psi with this setup. I have a 2.35" upper that I was going to install, but I've heard from a couple of people that they had issues with the rotors contacting on the Kong 2650 after exceeding 25k rpm rotor speed. I'm at the limit with my current setup.

View attachment 163228
View attachment 163230
View attachment 163231
View attachment 163229

Here's very short clip I pulled off the FitCamX while doing some data logging. This was in 2nd gear, spinning at first and then caught traction. I'm still working on dialing in the tire pressure for the street.

 

Attachments

  • IMG_4997.gif
    IMG_4997.gif
    114.2 KB · Views: 8

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top