New content of 27 TRX vs R

Absolutely anyone who wants or owns a TRX cares about acceleration. That should be a given. Myself included.

What isn’t a huge deal to me is that it beats an R in a street race. My brother’s friend builds race cars and has a POS station wagon that will dominate a factory R in a street race. Doesn’t make it a better vehicle.

The ‘27 TRX is just as quick or even a tad quicker than the Gen 1 TRX, and in testing so far, has been a few tenths slower than the R. Doesn’t make the R better overall truck.

Just because I couldn’t care less how it performs compared to another crazy supertruck doesn’t mean I’m not concerned with its performance.

Based on how my stock ‘23 performs, the ‘27 will be badass.
see, I agree with almost everything you said here. I think that the TRX is a better vehicle than the R but I do want to beat it in the street race. Even if I never actually do it, that's irrelevant. I want to know that I can so I bump mine up to 850 horsepower lol
 
A motivated gearhead can make his vehicle faster than whatever else. There are always richer and stronger and better looking and more talented people out there... doesn't make 'em a better person...
 
100% clown. aird outsrt posts are complete bozo, matching his motives. Does anyone really believe he’s here just to help us all protect our prized hellcat powered trucks? What other guys come on here to hard sell a product, then talk trash about said product, claims it’s made by some bad Russian company and then sell some other Eastern European product ? Stinks of 2016 all over again…..those damn Russians.
on multiple occasions, I've been able to simply call Josh or text him with issues and questions. And he has always been right there to help.

I don't have any complaints, honestly. And that's my personal experience. I don't have any ownership in anything.
 
A motivated gearhead can make his vehicle faster than whatever else. There are always richer and stronger and better looking and more talented people out there... doesn't make 'em a better person...
I agree with you except on the better looking part
 
I’ve drag raced my Ram TRX in an official sand-dragging competition every year, so you honestly can’t imagine how many factors can affect the launch. Even though it’s a straight-line race, there’s a lot the driver can do to get a much better 0–60 time.
If you mess up the launch control or the launch itself, something like a Wrangler can actually be faster than a TRX. Believe me, I’ve seen it happen. I’ve personally seen a stock TRX get gapped by a stock Wrangler, and I’ve even seen a video of a Suzuki Jimny beating a Ram TRX in a race.
My best time with my completely stock 2023 TRX is 4.0 seconds 0–60. One of my friends got 4.8, and another friend managed 3.9 — all with completely stock trucks. That alone shows how much the driver and launch can affect the result.
And honestly, I don’t really trust some of those official YouTube channels either. I remember Hagerty, or someone similar, racing a Demon 170 against a Lucid, and they didn’t even use the Demon’s Drag Mode and ran it on normal fuel, basically setting it up in a way that made the Lucid look faster.
So my point is: even in a straight-line race, there are a lot of variables, and the driver can make a huge difference to the 0–60 time.
 
I’ve drag raced my Ram TRX in an official sand-dragging competition every year, so you honestly can’t imagine how many factors can affect the launch. Even though it’s a straight-line race, there’s a lot the driver can do to get a much better 0–60 time.
If you mess up the launch control or the launch itself, something like a Wrangler can actually be faster than a TRX. Believe me, I’ve seen it happen. I’ve personally seen a stock TRX get gapped by a stock Wrangler, and I’ve even seen a video of a Suzuki Jimny beating a Ram TRX in a race.
My best time with my completely stock 2023 TRX is 4.0 seconds 0–60. One of my friends got 4.8, and another friend managed 3.9 — all with completely stock trucks. That alone shows how much the driver and launch can affect the result.
And honestly, I don’t really trust some of those official YouTube channels either. I remember Hagerty, or someone similar, racing a Demon 170 against a Lucid, and they didn’t even use the Demon’s Drag Mode and ran it on normal fuel, basically setting it up in a way that made the Lucid look faster.
So my point is: even in a straight-line race, there are a lot of variables, and the driver can make a huge difference to the 0–60 time.
TFL has intentionally sandbagged races before. The worst being the F150 lighting vs CTS Blackwing. They made the mistake of posting the slips and the trap speed went down for the blackwing after the 1/8th and before the 1/4. The blackwing literally coasted the back half. (And still won)
 
That fact that it throws with the R almost dead even weighing 700lbs more is insane.

Matches in speed, has the superior luxury interior and piece of mind your transmission won't blow up in 10K miles.
 
Last edited:
Have a neighbor 3 doors down with a R and the interior and even the infotainment is not even close, at least for me. Could have bought either one and in my opinion the 2nd generation TRX is the best choice.

This is why they build both as some like the Ford some like the Ram. TRUTH be known if GM made one on these beasts I would have bought it. As soon as the order book opens and I can determine if my ADD bumper with the BD light bar, side fogs and the winch will transfer to a 2027 I will be getting the new 8.3 version in a ZR2.
 
Have a neighbor 3 doors down with a R and the interior and even the infotainment is not even close, at least for me. Could have bought either one and in my opinion the 2nd generation TRX is the best choice.

This is why they build both as some like the Ford some like the Ram. TRUTH be known if GM made one on these beasts I would have bought it. As soon as the order book opens and I can determine if my ADD bumper with the BD light bar, side fogs and the winch will transfer to a 2027 I will be getting the new 8.3 version in a ZR2.

I don’t trust a GM product as far as I can throw it these days.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top