New content of 27 TRX vs R

Doesn’t care about 0-60 and buying almost 800HP truck yeah ok lol

Any vehicle is “easy” to steal. All that matters is if someone wants to. We haven’t heard of many newer ram thefts more than likely because they haven’t been desirable enough to figure it out. My guess is after the second gen has been out for a minute the black market will again figure out how to steal them with a simple plug in program.

There is always a back and forth when a new gen comes out. The G90 M5 came out and you had a very big split, wasn’t much performance gain but a huge hp gain.
In regards to the thefts, pretty sure I read the keys are left in the trucks in the storage lot so theres that. Ill still be installing IGLA or this new Spynext or whatever its called when I order mine. We have no test mules to go by cause they dont want RHO’s
 
You keep saying not as easy to steal. What is so new? Did you see 50 brand new TRXs just got stolen on the other thread?

RAM keys getting reprogrammed.That's how thieves can steal TRXs in 30 seconds with a laptop. As soon as these TRXs come out they will start getting stolen left and right.many of you here will be posting "last night it happened"... we've seen it over and over.
Dont get an IGLA or similar your new truck will be gone too. RAM has not shown any interest in fixing that department. RAM security sucks.

TRX vs R is the most debated topic on this forum. For each their own. Some like ford, some like RAM.
RAM added some crappy "extra horsepower" that Im not convinced do anything to the truck while adding MORE weight. Dumb move.
Im just happy the TRX is back. Killing it was even dumber. The truck is awesome.
You’re hilarious if you think 50 trucks were stolen with key copying. Those were stolen with keys in the truck
 
In regards to the thefts, pretty sure I read the keys are left in the trucks in the storage lot so theres that. Ill still be installing IGLA or this new Spynext or whatever its called when I order mine. We have no test mules to go by cause they dont want RHO’s
Correct, if you want to re read my post you more or less said the same thing while attempting to disagree 😂
 
You’re hilarious if you think 50 trucks were stolen with key copying. Those were stolen with keys in the truck
There's been zero change in security on the new TRXs, none.
Watch those massaging seats or they'll be gone
 
There's been zero change in security on the new TRXs, none.
Watch those massaging seats or they'll be gone
You are 100% objectively wrong. MY 2027 TRX has an entirely new security architecture that started with the 2025 RHO. The 21-24 TRX has basically the equivalent of a potato chip as a dead bolt.

In the new press videos, not only is it obvious the new TRX is on the RHO security architecture- the lead engineer for srt even says so. The second battery is there to power it as well.
 
There's been zero change in security on the new TRXs, none.
Watch those massaging seats or they'll be gone
You are 100% objectively wrong. MY 2027 TRX has an entirely new security architecture that started with the 2025 RHO. The 21-24 TRX has basically the equivalent of a potato chip as a dead bolt.

In the new press videos, not only is it obvious the new TRX is on the RHO security architecture- the lead engineer for srt even says so. The second battery is there to power it as well.
Yea….. it’s pretty comical you are saying this so factual lol. They have done a lot to update the security, as Vanguard mentioned.
 
You know what sucks? A well optioned ‘27 Rex like ours has like 900lbs of payload. Thats pure shit. They def should’ve re-evaluated that a bit.

Not that i really care though given that we’re usually over 10k gross weight whenever we go outta town and about 9000lbs on trail, but still a sub-1000lb payload is like Geo Metro specs IMO.
 
Yea….. it’s pretty comical you are saying this so factual lol. They have done a lot to update the security, as Vanguard mentioned
You are 100% objectively wrong. MY 2027 TRX has an entirely new security architecture that started with the 2025 RHO. The 21-24 TRX has basically the equivalent of a potato chip as a dead bolt.

In the new press videos, not only is it obvious the new TRX is on the RHO security architecture- the lead engineer for srt even says so. The second battery is there to power it as well.

Find the impreovements on any MOPAR source and list here.
Your saying this because your "IGLA Installer" told you the "RHO security is unbreakable". And that is not accurate.

If you are looking for a legit installer on Long Island heres a link to a 2026 RHO with IGLA installed:

2027 ram trx

The factory electronic architecture for the 2027 Ram 1500 TRX SRT carries over the same general vulnerabilities (including the Atlantis CAN architecture) found on recent high-performance Mopar models. Because factory measures remain susceptible to digital relay attacks and key cloning, owners still widely rely on aftermarket immobilizers like IGLA.

@Air’d outSRT , can Spynex or IGLA be installed in the RHO's and are these new trucks just as vulnerable as the previous gen TRXs?
 
Last edited:
Well it's only one test/opinion but still a bit disappointing. I would have thought the new TRX would easily win in all categories. I have 90k miles on my 22 and it looks still looks new. Never been in the shop and still on original brakes. Now I need to decide if I put ~10 k in it for a really nice refresh, or add 50+k and trade for a 27. Or do I wait and go for the Rumble Bee. Decisions, decisions.
 
Well it's only one test/opinion but still a bit disappointing. I would have thought the new TRX would easily win in all categories. I have 90k miles on my 22 and it looks still looks new. Never been in the shop and still on original brakes. Now I need to decide if I put ~10 k in it for a really nice refresh, or add 50+k and trade for a 27. Or do I wait and go for the Rumble Bee. Decisions, decisions.
If you don’t need the ground clearance of the trx the rumble bee would be my pick.
Cheaper than the new trx and has to be quicker as well.
 
If you don’t need the ground clearance of the trx the rumble bee would be my pick.
Cheaper than the new trx and has to be quicker as well.
I guess we'll see when we get real world comparisons on 0-60 between the two. If we get similar videos as the one with the TRXs it will be a pass for me. I have no clue what street tires and lower suspension will do in real street result with these trucks. Should be definitely noticeable though.
For someone who doesnt offroad and doesnt need the crew cab, the RB with a 900 whipple pack is a much better option dollar for dollar than a new TRX.
 
I guess we'll see when we get real world comparisons on 0-60 between the two. If we get similar videos as the one with the TRXs it will be a pass for me. I have no clue what street tires and lower suspension will do in real street result with these trucks. Should be definitely noticeable though.
For someone who doesnt offroad and doesnt need the crew cab, the RB with a 900 whipple pack is a much better option dollar for dollar than a new TRX.
It’s gonna embarrass the TRX sadly.
 
I guess we'll see when we get real world comparisons on 0-60 between the two. If we get similar videos as the one with the TRXs it will be a pass for me. I have no clue what street tires and lower suspension will do in real street result with these trucks. Should be definitely noticeable though.
My TRX is about 3 tenths quicker to 60 in the real world when it’s on street tires. This is why I found it odd Ram states the RB is only 1 tenth faster than the TRX. Especially considering it should be much a lighter truck as well.

If I had to speculate based on what we’ve seen so far, they overstated the new TRX performance and possibly understated the RB as well. No way the two are as close as they say.
 
If you don’t need the ground clearance of the trx the rumble bee would be my pick.
Cheaper than the new trx and has to be quicker as well.
My thinking too... 99% of my driving is highway anyway. Still I like the high profile and stance of the TRX... Well I guess I still have a few months to decide.:unsure:
 
My thinking too... 99% of my driving is highway anyway. Still I like the high profile and stance of the TRX... Well I guess I still have a few months to decide.:unsure:
I became a member at the RB forum. I guess thats a bad sign already 😆
 
I find it hilarious you guys care about the 0-60 so much. I hope you aren’t the idiots who do full power brake boosts at red lights, racing the bmw 3 series next to you.

This is literally an off-road Baja truck, not a stop sign to stop sign racer.

That being said, it’s weird ram would advertise 3.5s 0-60 not not hit that- although we still havnt seen anyone try it at sea level with a non press vehicle that was heat soaked running all day long.

Milesperhr was able to get 4.1 in his press unit. So will a fresh unit on a non heat soaked day hit 3.5? Maybe, tbd.

Im not worried about it. If you ego is really hurt that your brand new 27 TRX can’t beat a raptor r, ram has a solution for you and it will still be cheaper than a new raptor r- even before ford dealer mark ups of 20-40k.
 
Yes, they are stolen all the time. Canada is probably the highest for RHO thefts. I have mentioned it a number of times.
Stolen all the time is a broad statement. How? Are they doing relay attacks or towing the car? No security architecture can fix that. This new system just prevents them from plugging in a tablet and make a new key. To stop relax attacks you need igla or keep your key in a faraday pouch.

Nothing stopping a tow except a gun.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top