My First TRX Was Stolen & Then RAM Factory Just Cancelled My Replacement Order After Flagging Me As A "Flipper"

Previously noted by some. Manufacturers will all be on same page on this

Mostly talk at this point, until the writing is on the wall. I think its bullcrap that they are talking about doing something like that anyway, but dealers are allowed to place ADM on ordered vehicles (and basically after a deal has been agreed upon, loosely or not).

Mostly talk at this point, until the writing is on the wall. I think its bullcrap that they are talking about doing something like that anyway, but dealers are allowed to place ADM on ordered vehicles (and basically after a deal has been agreed upon, loosely or not).
I get your frustration after all the truck is yours after you pay for it. It will be interesting to learn however how Ford will take aim at this issue without stepping on legitimate owners wanting to sell it for their own reasons other than resell profit.
As far as the dealers, I get that some are upset with dealers ADMs, I am not defending them for that practice at all.
Just remember dealers are outlets of the factory and have complete independence from Ford to implement whatever they decide in their territories as long as it is not against dealership-factory rules.
With that being said, it has to be reasonable and without harm to the customer-brand relationship.
A 10k+ ADM is ridiculous and should not be allowed IMO, I'm not sure where Ford draws the line.
Ford however needs dealers open, profitable and prosperous and just like any brand, will see middle man as threats taking $$ out of their pockets

Who's going the tesla biz model first? Ford or Stellantis? It's coming.

I purchased my first TRX over the summer and put it through the paces (proof attached), clocking in 10,000 miles in just over 4 months. I planned to continue driving the heck out of it, but unfortunately, it was stolen. I posted about that previously. I loved it so much that I placed an order for a replacement 2 days after I lost her.

Today - 4 months after I placed the order - I was informed that the RAM Factory flagged me for being a flipper and cancelled my order without warning. I didn't even have an opportunity to share my story. I confirmed this with both my dealer and the 800 RAM number. I'm the furthest thing from a flipper - I did this truck justice and looked forward to pushing the new one to its limits.

I'm feeling pretty down on my luck, does anyone have a contact at RAM who could help? Or advice for how I can resolve this nightmare? Such a bummer, brings back a lot of the emotions I had when my original was stolen. Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

View attachment 31838View attachment 31839View attachment 31840
I just called about my truck to check status because granger sent me an update telling me it would be shipped this week, give or take. I ordered through my Montana llc. They just told me my order was cancelled. Wtf? I do have a 2021, but have 5500 miles and ordered this one to suit.
How does a Montana LLC get you cancelled?
well mine was supposed to ship this week and it is my second one. I have a21 with 5500 miles! I want a second one. I called fca today. They said call your dealership. Your order was cancelled. It has to be the llc. What does that have to do with being a good client. And I’m obviously not a flipper. This is nuts. I’ve sent a message to granger. I hope they respond tomorrow.

I just called about my truck to check status because granger sent me an update telling me it would be shipped this week, give or take. I ordered through my Montana llc. They just told me my order was cancelled. Wtf? I do have a 2021, but have 5500 miles and ordered this one to suit.

well mine was supposed to ship this week and it is my second one. I have a21 with 5500 miles! I want a second one. I called fca today. They said call your dealership. Your order was cancelled. It has to be the llc. What does that have to do with being a good client. And I’m obviously not a flipper. This is nuts. I’ve sent a message to granger. I hope they respond tomorrow.

Other dealers here specifically state that they cannot sell to LLCs in Montana, NH, OR or AK. Sounds like a LLC / Montana issue..

Last edited:

Other dealers here specifically state that they cannot sell to LLCs in Montana, NH, OR or AK. Sounds like a LLC / Montana issue..

Well my POC lists my Montana llc. And so does the assignment of my vin. Then I got a welcome and congrats email from them in December on the purchase of my new vehicle. I ordered from granger who emailed me two weeks ago and said my truck would be shipped the week of the 17th. Ram is terrible. I have 5500 miles and counting on my 2021. And it’s my hunting truck.

Well my POC lists my Montana llc. And so does the assignment of my vin. Then I got a welcome and congrats email from them in December on the purchase of my new vehicle. I ordered from granger who emailed me two weeks ago and said my truck would be shipped the week of the 17th. Ram is terrible. I have 5500 miles and counting on my 2021. And it’s my hunting truck.
They are real crusty friendly. 😂

They suck.

An internet search shows that states are holding dealerships responsible when it discovers that a vehicle was sold and registered under a LLC in Montana (tax free) thus avoiding paying sales tax when the dealership knows the individual’s drivers license, insurance info, etc. shows they are a resident of the subject state....

I hope you get it sorted out....

Last edited:
An internet search shows that states are holding dealerships responsible when it discovers that a vehicle was sold and registered under a LLC in Montana thus avoiding paying sales tax when the dealership knows the individual’s drivers license, insurance info shows they are a resident of the subject state....

I hope you get it sorted out....

Then why didn’t the dealership tell me two weeks ago that they cancelled my order? That’s horseshit. The dealership knew at the time that they took my order. Granger has probably sold a lot of cars to Montana Llc’s. Because it’s a legal practice. Period. The dealership doesn’t care. I’ll sign an agreement not to export it. Or flip it. But either way it’s corporate crap.

Reactions: qak
Makes total since when I own vacation property there. Which is owned by same llc as my truck…

Reactions: qak
Then why didn’t the dealership tell me two weeks ago that they cancelled my order? That’s horseshit. The dealership knew at the time that they took my order. Granger has probably sold a lot of cars to Montana Llc’s. Because it’s a legal practice. Period. The dealership doesn’t care. I’ll sign an agreement not to export it. Or flip it. But either way it’s corporate crap.
when I bought my Defender they had me sign an agreement exactly as you mentioned. So you would think RAM could do the same...

Flipping cars is as good as a PHD as long as it puts food on the table. Spare me with the holistic attitude. You'd take the extra 15k as well. If you export them you can easily get 50k per .
You are not too bright. My daughter spent 5 years getting a PhD doing cancer research at MIT. The work she did and is doing now will likely save many lives. Flippers are parasites that help no one but themselves, at the expense of other people. I would not "take the extra 15k". I made a great living without ripping off fellow TRX owners. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "holistic" either. Wise up.

Last edited:
You are not too bright. My daughter spent 5 years getting a PhD doing cancer research at MIT. The work she did and is doing now will likely save many lives. Flippers are parasites that help no one but themselves, at the expense of other people. I would not "take the extra 15k". I made a great living without ripping off fellow TRX owners. Apparently you don't know the meaning of the word "holistic" either. Wise up.
no shit bozo. I dont give 2 shits about your kid and you should not bring her into discussion. I'm sure she'd not be happy if she sees wth you are doing. Use a more compelling argument and leave family out.. "Ripping off fellow TRX owners"..Nobody took anyone's truck . As you know RAM builds randomly. How is this diferent than doing Crypto, NFT's , meme stocks or being a ....contractor where you ask twice the cost of materials to renovate a house? 15k is 15k as long as is honest money and selling used/new cars is honest money. As far as I'm concerned not everyone has the means or the intelligence or..are the right demographics to get accepted in a T10 or finish any college. Not my cup of tea to flip cars but stop looking down on the ones that dont have a PHD. You are coming off as an abrasive asshole.

Who's going the tesla biz model first? Ford or Stellantis? It's coming.

Tesla exists today only because of government (taxpayers) assistance via incentives, grants, phony carbon credits, etc...

Tesla exists today only because of government (taxpayers) assistance via incentives, grants, phony carbon credits, etc...
Ford and GM also receive(d) huge tax credits/incentives and the Government has offered consumers tax incentives for A LOT less than an electric vehicle! This is not exclusive to Tesla….SMH @ the ignorance.

Ford and GM also receive(d) huge tax credits/incentives and the Government has offered consumers tax incentives for A LOT less than an electric vehicle! This is not exclusive to Tesla….SMH @ the ignorance.
LMAO, forget tax credits, how many times did the government flat out bail out the car makers to keep them from going out of business.

no shit bozo. I dont give 2 shits about your kid and you should not bring her into discussion. I'm sure she'd not be happy if she sees wth you are doing. Use a more compelling argument and leave family out.. "Ripping off fellow TRX owners"..Nobody took anyone's truck . As you know RAM builds randomly. How is this diferent than doing Crypto, NFT's , meme stocks or being a ....contractor where you ask twice the cost of materials to renovate a house? 15k is 15k as long as is honest money and selling used/new cars is honest money. As far as I'm concerned not everyone has the means or the intelligence or..are the right demographics to get accepted in a T10 or finish any college. Not my cup of tea to flip cars but stop looking down on the ones that dont have a PHD. You are coming off as an abrasive asshole

You're more than a little weak on reading comprehension. Show me where I "looked down on the ones that don't have a PhD. I never posted that. I just challenged your contention that "Flipping cars is as good as a PHD as long as it puts food on the table", which is total bullshit. Go back and read the original post. The OP can't get another truck after his truck was stolen. IMO the reason RAM put a limit on when you can order another t

no shit bozo. I dont give 2 shits about your kid and you should not bring her into discussion. I'm sure she'd not be happy if she sees wth you are doing. Use a more compelling argument and leave family out.. "Ripping off fellow TRX owners"..Nobody took anyone's truck . As you know RAM builds randomly. How is this diferent than doing Crypto, NFT's , meme stocks or being a ....contractor where you ask twice the cost of materials to renovate a house? 15k is 15k as long as is honest money and selling used/new cars is honest money. As far as I'm concerned not everyone has the means or the intelligence or..are the right demographics to get accepted in a T10 or finish any college. Not my cup of tea to flip cars but stop looking down on the ones that dont have a PHD. You are coming off as an abrasive asshole.
Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired, but you are really good at name calling. Show me where I "looked down on the ones that don't have a PhD". I didn't. I just challenged your ridiculous comment that "flipping a car is as good as a PHD as long as it puts food on the table". You still stand by that? When you or a loved one gets cancer you might have some appreciation for people that have worked their asses off to fight cancer. Show me someone that can afford a $100k truck but can't put food on the table. You are just like the dope that has a TRX, a Maserti and a BMW but needs to flip cars to put his kids through college. Give me a break.

Comparing flippers to contractors and traders is also idiotic. Contractors provide value. You can shop around, get bids and find one that is not ripping you off. Flippers are nothing but parasites. They provide no value and cause hardship for other buyers. Did you even read the original post? The OP had his TRX stolen and can't get another one because flippers fucked things up for the rest of us. Keep up the ridiculous posts and name calling so we can all see how bright you are.

Back