My cousin's 2024 Raptor R just arrived.

I've heard a couple of Raptor R's. They sound good, but more raspy than the TRX. I prefer the deeper tone of the Hellcat.
Agree although Ford guys will say the opposite. I can spot a Predator and Coyote engines a mile away by the raspyer noises. Hellcats sound much better IMO but Ford fans can call raspy "refined". To each its own I guess

The times on the TRX slip are almost identical to my best run in my TRX. The R vs TRX is 100% a drivers race. The TRX weighs more, and the 3.55 gears don’t help. However the R is running on 37’s so it’s still pretty damn equal.
I hate those tiny rims though. The rims on the launch of the R were horrible. The latest ones look much better

I’m a fan of 17” Rim’s. I love the looks of the AEV Prospector XL on 40’s with 17” Rims.
IMG_0188.jpeg
IMG_0189.jpeg
IMG_0190.jpeg

I’m a fan of 17” Rim’s. I love the looks of the AEV Prospector XL on 40’s with 17” Rims.
Agreed on this truck. There is a green one rebel with a 6.5L that looks great in San Diego. Would totally pull the trigger but I need to work a bit more. This year hasn’t been off to a great start. No new toys till things pick back up unfortunately.

I want to hate on it but I love the 24 R. For an out of the box offroad vehicle, for people that actually go offroad, it is the king right now.

Plus the aftermarket/oem parts availability is just better.
FINALLY watched one a Raptor R throttling WFO up my favorite daily on-ramp in Phoenix. Nice matching shell too. Yet to line up next to an "R", but my 3yr old screams "Launch Control" often during daily 🚌 duties and likes waving (taunting?) at neighboring vehicles prior... she also wants KIDZ BOP singing "Dance Monkey" which may psych out challengers?

Had 2014 Raptor (w/33k in mods including Whipple/full ICON) then 2017 Raptor (kept it bone stock/sold at 90k with cam phasers pending). FREE Raptor Assault course was great and the existing community from Foutz to Arizona Raptor Runs (here in Arizona), + reputable multi-day Baja trips (ExpeditionXOffroad) makes it appealing to 'go back' more-so for the Community. Lately the Bronco Raptors ("Braptors") are haunting me.

Buying my RZR back in 2014, from multi-day group camping trips to Glamis... for off-highway use (RZR spares/familiarity when there was an issue among the group) to Aftermarket mods it was the ONLY choice vs. getting a CanAm/etc.

Unfortunately the TRX community will never be on the same scale (organized event calendar runs/clubs) nor aftermarket support (can't imagine there being shops like SVC or TSW dedicated solely to this platform (IMO - RW does Bespoke TRX builds + lengthy personal manifestos).

Third set of tires at 40k (averaging 16-17k per OEM) from aggressive 90% on/10% off-road use but miss the (Dirt) Community (and countless group run options/numerous others with similar % split use).

Attachments

• Werner and NED-3.jpg
    Werner and NED-3.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 29
FINALLY watched one a Raptor R throttling WFO up my favorite daily on-ramp in Phoenix. Nice matching shell too. Yet to line up next to an "R", but my 3yr old screams "Launch Control" often during daily 🚌 duties and likes waving (taunting?) at neighboring vehicles prior... she also wants KIDZ BOP singing "Dance Monkey" which may psych out challengers?

Had 2014 Raptor (w/33k in mods including Whipple/full ICON) then 2017 Raptor (kept it bone stock/sold at 90k with cam phasers pending). FREE Raptor Assault course was great and the existing community from Foutz to Arizona Raptor Runs (here in Arizona), + reputable multi-day Baja trips (ExpeditionXOffroad) makes it appealing to 'go back' more-so for the Community. Lately the Bronco Raptors ("Braptors") are haunting me.

Buying my RZR back in 2014, from multi-day group camping trips to Glamis... for off-highway use (RZR spares/familiarity when there was an issue among the group) to Aftermarket mods it was the ONLY choice vs. getting a CanAm/etc.

Unfortunately the TRX community will never be on the same scale (organized event calendar runs/clubs) nor aftermarket support (can't imagine there being shops like SVC or TSW dedicated solely to this platform (IMO - RW does Bespoke TRX builds + lengthy personal manifestos).

Third set of tires at 40k (averaging 16-17k per OEM) from aggressive 90% on/10% off-road use but miss the (Dirt) Community (and countless group run options/numerous others with similar % split use).
Doesn’t the Raptor-R’s have simulated rear-LSD’s by using its brakes? I’d imagine that it would help a lot in low traction situations and save uneven wear your rear tires. You can see in these two videos of the trx doing the one wheel peel. I’d imagine after a lot of aggressive launch’s that it would probably add up and cause uneven wear on the rear’s. What’s your thoughts?

my neighbor across the street has a raptor r and we both refuse to make eye contact.

we used to be great friends. we used to be business partners. we even banged the same chick on different tuesdays.

but since he took delivery of his raptor r, he changed.

F that guy.

his name is rob.
. . .wonder if he's the same rob I know?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back