Mopar power running boards is an easy install!

KnightMare

🛠️ Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
'21 Outlander XMR, '18 ZX-10rr, '15 Caravan, '17 Fusion, '12 Pasat CC, '11 ZX-10r, '04 Avalanche
Current Ride #2
'67 Pontiac GTO, '67 Lemans Convertible, '69 Camaro, '69 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle, '70 Chevelle
20 pages and all you have to do is hook up 6 cables SMH. The instruction manual looks like it was intentionally written to make it way harder than what it really is

Nope lol they dont...I had them on a jacked up denali and snow..melt...freeze..then they would not open

Nope lol they dont...I had them on a jacked up denali and snow..melt...freeze..then they would not open
They can also get stuck down due to ice building up. Then they bounce up and down trying to close while the vehicle is driving away.

Agreed, the instructions are there to confuse you at some points.

Can’t speak to the Mopars but I never had any issues with mud, freezing or snow and the Amp boards.

True....I guess I should stand corrected...I had AMP research not MOPAR but...I would venture to say the features are somewhat the same

20 pages and all you have to do is hook up 6 cables SMH. The instruction manual looks like it was intentionally written to make it way harder than what it really is
What did dealership charge you to flash on to Uconnect and how long did you have to leave it.

They were on my Ram Limited here Michigan. Never gave me any problems, and they would be caked in dirty snow/Ice. That’s why I had no problem putting them on Rex

Snow... ice...?? Why would that be on the roads? :ROFLMAO::cool:

What did dealership charge you to flash on to Uconnect and how long did you have to leave it.
I just had it done today. I had to wait over 2 weeks to have an appointment to get it done. They did an oil change and flashed the steps. I was out in 2 hours. Charged me $140, double the price of the oil change LOL

I drive off road a lot in very ugly conditions and would not want them going down on a sharp piece of limestone or if there is 8 inches of ice on them. Just a FWIW I use the dual motor AMP's this is my 3rd set never a problem. Have one of my up-fitter switches in the dash wired so I can turn them off or on.

Best place on-line to purchase factory power steps?
Thanks...

Any of you guys have experience with installing or adjusting these. My passenger one sounds like there is a “whine” noise at the end of movement both opening and closing. Almost sounds like it is still trying to move past a limit. The drivers one doesn’t appear to sound like this.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Any of you guys have experience with installing or adjusting these. My passenger one sounds like there is a “whine” noise at the end of movement both opening and closing. Almost sounds like it is still trying to move past a limit. The drivers one doesn’t appear to sound like this.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
Have they always been like that or did it just start? There isn't really much/any adjustment to them apart from a slight amount of horizontal and vertical play on the bolts that bolt to the truck, so you can make sure the gap is more even on both sides before tightening.

If everything is tight and nothing is in the way (wires hanging loose getting caught up etc.) then maybe you have a bad unit. Can you post a video?

are these steps sold at dealers only?

I couldn't find a vendor that sells them.

The BAM price is good, but I was quoted $200 for shipping. I ended up buying mine through my dealer and used the Mopar 15% off coupon. I saved a little over $100 and my dealer had them for me the next day.

The BAM price is good, but I was quoted $200 for shipping. I ended up buying mine through my dealer and used the Mopar 15% off coupon. I saved a little over $100 and my dealer had them for me the next day.
Where can i locate a 15% mopar coupon? lol

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back