Mopar Insurance Coverage - Claim Denial

Tex TRX 55

TRX Fanatic
Joined
Sep 19, 2022
Messages
174
Gallery
28
Reaction score
187
Location
McAllen, TX
Current Ride
2023 Ram TRX Hydroblue
Military
USAF
@RamCares So I took my 2023 Ram TRX in about 3 weeks ago for some repair which I thought was warranty repairs. 1) The leather dash had started to peel up by the HUD display, and 2) the left turn signal had an intermittent issue where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. After 2 weeks of my truck being in the shop, the service department manager said they submitted the information to Mopar warranty and they were waiting on a response. Today, they called me to tell me both items are not covered under warranty. I have the top of the line warranty with a $100 deductible which apparently doesn't cover shit. The parts alone (labor cost not included) cost $760.23 for the dash and $2,387.19 for the left turn signal/headlamp assembly. The dealership submitted the repair work to Chrysler goodwill to see if they would cover it. The manager said even if they cover it, it will be 80% coverage on their part and I would pay the remaining 20%. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 

Attachments

  • 812476385.webp
    812476385.webp
    105.1 KB · Views: 10
@RamCares So I took my 2023 Ram TRX in about 3 weeks ago for some repair which I thought was warranty repairs. 1) The leather dash had started to peel up by the HUD display, and 2) the left turn signal had an intermittent issue where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. After 2 weeks of my truck being in the shop, the service department manager said they submitted the information to Mopar warranty and they were waiting on a response. Today, they called me to tell me both items are not covered under warranty. I have the top of the line warranty with a $100 deductible which apparently doesn't cover shit. The parts alone (labor cost not included) cost $760.23 for the dash and $2,387.19 for the left turn signal/headlamp assembly. The dealership submitted the repair work to Chrysler goodwill to see if they would cover it. The manager said even if they cover it, it will be 80% coverage on their part and I would pay the remaining 20%. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Unfortunately need to read word for word the specific language on extended service agreement.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Two
If it’s the headlights, I don’t believe those are covered but the dash is something people have had covered under their original warranty. I’d be curious to what goodwill does for you.
 
Yes, the items you had fail are not covered. Read the Items Not Covered Section 18 and 21.
 
Yes, the items you had fail are not covered. Read the Items Not Covered Section 18 and 21.

I totally get Section 21, but at the same time it does say Torn, Worn, or Soiled. The dash delaminating can be argued that it is none of those, it is defective. Also, being that there have been so many of these bubbling and fixed under warranty (within the 3 yr/36k)
 
Yes, the items you had fail are not covered. Read the Items Not Covered Section 18 and 21.
Sounds like you work for the insurance companies. Well I've seen people on this thread who were able to get it covered and they had the same warranty. I have other trucks that are up to 8 years old and I've never had an issue with the dash like this. If a light bulb goes out, it cost a few bucks to replace, not $2,300+. Regardless, if it isn't covered, I'll never buy this warranty again!
 
I totally get Section 21, but at the same time it does say Torn, Worn, or Soiled. The dash delaminating can be argued that it is none of those, it is defective. Also, being that there have been so many of these bubbling and fixed under warranty (within the 3 yr/36k)
I agree with you 💯!!
 
Hi there, thanks for the tag, if you are currently outside of your basic warranty parameters (3 yr/36k) then this would be typically an out-of-pocket cost. As extended warranties are handled by our Flex Cares team, we recommend contacting them directly for coverage clarifications. In regard to goodwill, we're happy to take a look into the dealer offer. Feel free to send our team a private message to get started.

Diamond
Ram Cares
 
Sounds like you work for the insurance companies. Well I've seen people on this thread who were able to get it covered and they had the same warranty. I have other trucks that are up to 8 years old and I've never had an issue with the dash like this. If a light bulb goes out, it cost a few bucks to replace, not $2,300+. Regardless, if it isn't covered, I'll never buy this warranty again!
No Military Aerospace 34 years in contracts now oil field on my ranch in NM and spend hundreds of hours a year writing, amending, working with our trial Counsel on spills/damage etc. If you do not understand what is in a contract completely then find someone who does. The led lights are not covered by GM either.

Not being condescending however when you read these (incorrectly referred to as "extended warranty") even Ram Cares does not know the difference and there is. You have a Service Contract and there is a difference as they are not even close to being the same as an Extended Warranty. Do not feel bad most people have no idea.

This will help you to understand exactly how and why they are different.

 
No Military Aerospace 34 years in contracts now oil field on my ranch in NM and spend hundreds of hours a year writing, amending, working with our trial Counsel on spills/damage etc. If you do not understand what is in a contract completely then find someone who does. The led lights are not covered by GM either.

Not being condescending however when you read these (incorrectly referred to as "extended warranty") even Ram Cares does not know the difference and there is. You have a Service Contract and there is a difference as they are not even close to being the same as an Extended Warranty. Do not feel bad most people have no idea.

This will help you to understand exactly how and why they are different.


You're never wrong telling people to know what they are buying.
 
No Military Aerospace 34 years in contracts now oil field on my ranch in NM and spend hundreds of hours a year writing, amending, working with our trial Counsel on spills/damage etc. If you do not understand what is in a contract completely then find someone who does. The led lights are not covered by GM either.

Not being condescending however when you read these (incorrectly referred to as "extended warranty") even Ram Cares does not know the difference and there is. You have a Service Contract and there is a difference as they are not even close to being the same as an Extended Warranty. Do not feel bad most people have no idea.

This will help you to understand exactly how and why they are different.

Yeah I get it. Sounds like lawyers and insurance companies making sure they milk every dollar out of the consumer by putting language in these contracts to alleviate their responsibility. They call it a bumper to bumper warranty to give you false hope.
 
You're never wrong telling people to know what they are buying.
That's true, and you shouldn't have to pay a lawyer $300 or more an hour just to tell you what you are buying. It should be plain language and not some convoluted mass of words. That's why the public has a serious distrust of attorneys and the court systems.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top