Locked out of running truck Taser DT

Wanted to offer an update, as Taser support did ultimately come through, and I had a good outcome.

After about 3wks of frustrating, slow back and forth emails with TAZER support and no progress, I did finally get a response from someone solid in their support team stating to just purchase an RMA service (code needed) for $50 and return the unit. They would try to hard revive the Tazer DT unit or would ship a refurb unit if unsuccessful. NO issues with the $50... and the $ was nothing if it got my truck back to normal. Took about 2 weeks, but a unit was returned and it came up (after a few attempts). Not sure if this was my original unit or not, but expect it was the original unit.

As the unit was still a bit flaky, not coming up consistently in ZPU, I went out and bought a used TASER DT from a forum member. It came up right away and already had the most recent FW loaded.

I married the used unit to the truck and problems solved... no more dead batteries, no Uconnect issues, good to go. It has been working great for about 2 weeks. However, I did reduce the set of functions I use to only basic stuff... mirrors, Amber DTRL, Running boards, Tire size 37", and rear brake light pulse, NO Security pin or other critical operations functions enabled. In Tazers defense, I am sure the original unit returned from service would have worked fine, but I was just done messing with it and went with what seemed like my highest probability for success in the used unit.

At the end of the day, it cost some extra $$ , but now I have two Taser DT units (working and a standby). Hopefully, I will not ever need the standby, but I have it just in case. Money well spent.

Go forward plan is to just set and forget this thing (no new features, no upgrades) and see if it will just keep working if I don't touch it (barring the Uconnect upgrade issues members are talking about).

Note: I also installed the Zauto Ram ParkSense Fix module after I got things back to normal... working great.


[IMG alt="Raptor2TRX25"]https://www.ram-trx.com/data/avatars/m/13/13916.jpg?1760979474[/IMG]
 
IdahoKTM... good suggestion and thanks. I did look at AlphaOBD as a Taser alternative. Looks like a solid system. Unfortunately, I am a Mac guy and did not have single non-mac OS device in the house. I was prepared to go out and buy some cheap non-mac tablet to run JScan, but Taser came through before I needed to.
 
- I Agree with the OP's statements
- The Tazer DT isn't 'Perfect' but I like many of the 'Adds'. If you select too many, you could have an issue.
- Yet, each time I've noticed some anomlies with my display, I'll pull the Tazer DT & reprogramed it, and it resolves my issues, even though the SW Update is the same!
- I don't 'GET IT' on simply 'refreshing' the Tazer's software, if it's the same Version. Yet, it seems to fix the problem.
- Still, I won't use all of the Tazer DT's features for the same reason implied in the OP's summary. Moreover, the Tazer DT is "OK" & I do like some of its features.
- To each of us that enjoy the TRX, pick your Poison! But, for the money, the Taser DT is worth it IMO.
 
I only use it for the lights. I have not tried to upgrade it or anything past I believe in the last year or so. Mine is not married or anything. I had a strange issue that I got a left turn signal light out message...it did not go away for quite a bit.... half-way through a long drive, I turned on the headlights because of thick fog. then the error message went away and all is good after that.
 
I realize this is an old thread, but thought I would add an additional comment. Has anyone had problems with just getting the seatbelt dinger to work, and by work i mean shut it off? It worked really well with most of the features on my 2021. Now I'm trying to get the same setting to operate in my 2022... with very little success on any of the settings.
 
Not sure if true for Ram, but most vehicles seat belt chimes can be silenced by inserting and removing the seatbelt buckle repeatedly around for like 20 seconds. It helps if you hold down the seatbelt button with your thumb
 
I've tried that, can try it again. My point was if these tazer dt's can't even turn off the seat belt chime, I would be cautious with using them to control any other tasks in your trucks. I'm thinking this is generally a problem with any of the 2022, almost no issues when i used it on my 2021.
 
I initially married the Tazer to my 24 TRX and one of the features I used was disabling the seatbelt ding. I unmarried it about a week later and the seatbelt ding is still disabled. That was 2 years ago.
 
I will be unmarrying it this evening and see if that has any effect. It's weird, amber ddl are on again, I had them not selected. Seat belt dings only when I'm moving, as soon as i stop for a light or sign it stops. The whole taser system seems to be having difficulties in remaining programed and changes things randomly.
 
Not sure if true for Ram, but most vehicles seat belt chimes can be silenced by inserting and removing the seatbelt buckle repeatedly around for like 20 seconds. It helps if you hold down the seatbelt button with your thumb

The click/unclick 3 times seatbelt trick works for the 2021-2022 TRX. His Tazer must be interfering with that procedure. The seatbelt trick doesn't work for the 2023-2024 models, but you can use AlfaOBD/JScan to disable it. I'm willing to bet the click/unclick trick won't work for the 2027's either.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top