Lifetime warranty

Very reasonable. I don’t get mine until March, but I’d be all in on a warranty from you

Thanks for sharing your concern and you are correct you need to be extremely aware of the type of warranty you’re buying. The warranty that’s being quoted here is the FCA Chrysler max care extended warranty that can be serviced at any certified Chrysler repair facility, you are not required to go to a single dealership for service.

Very true!!

However, Im assuming that he was replying to the OP, as that is true, alot of non brand warranties, specifically the free ones that offer engines for life or the lifetime ones. Those are a GIMMICK to keep your service in their shops.

-----I worked at a dealer that had a similar program. As long as you did THEIR BS scheduled maintenance, IE.. 15k trans flushes, 15k Fuel system services, and brake fluid flushes, etc.. they'd pay up yo 4-6 thousand toward and engine that costs 9500. I hated it there and that was so much unnecessary deceit. (I can tell ya stories about that) but ALWAYS read the fine prints of anything like this to determine its value.

The MAxcare is attached to the VIN of your vehicle and able to be used at ANY FCA dealer. In fact, any repair facility that accepts an X warranty, regardless of brand can make a claim to Maxcare. So the reality and what most people don't know is that it's not even exclusive to a FCA dealer, like fordcare or the other brands.

I will agree that The disappearing deductible option is the only thing that'll tie you to a particular dealer, in regards to maxcare. The Disappeearing deductible option waives the deductible, as long as you bring the vehicle back to the selling dealer for repairs.

Hope this clarifies some skepticism.

Thanks for sharing your concern and you are correct you need to be extremely aware of the type of warranty you’re buying. The warranty that’s being quoted here is the FCA Chrysler max care extended warranty that can be serviced at any certified Chrysler repair facility, you are not required to go to a single dealership for service.
I was told that the warranty for this truck because of the supercharger would be 4000-4500 max care maybe a little less they couldn’t tell me because of no Vin

I was told that the warranty for this truck because of the supercharger would be 4000-4500 max care maybe a little less they couldn’t tell me because of no Vin
Don't get trapped!! I'll give ya full dealer cost, Use that as a guide. If your dealer won't budge message me when ready to buy. I'll give you our shop phone number and have it added over the phone. Nothing they will sell you is better then Maxcare.

Don't get trapped!! I'll give ya full dealer cost, Use that as a guide. If your dealer won't budge message me when ready to buy. I'll give you our shop phone number and have it added over the phone. Nothing they will sell you is better then Maxcare.
Thank you for this valuable info and your offer too. I will be getting mine soon, hopefully this month. I will contact you in near future!

Agreed.... Most X warranties will use "commercial" or "Modifications" "tire size" to exempt themselves from a covered repair.
I goes beyond that. One manufacture which I will not name required owners to bring the vehicle in to be inspected on a periodic bases. Then when people failed to get inspected they voided the warranty without a refund. People sued them and then they added it to the fine print and continued the practice. Litigation is still ongoing. My point is this. Do your research first. Find out what owners are saying about claims (denied or approved) and then make an informed decision. Research how many lawsuits are currently pending over manufactures voiding warranties. Extended warranties are pretty much free money for the manufacture because their payout ratio is around 12% of what they take in. If they can deny a claim they will and they will make you work to prove your point. If you mod a vehicle in any way they will use that to avoid paying a claim so be careful there. The mag used case made it so a manufacture can’t void your engine warranty if you mod something unrelated like tires but they are finding loopholes to get around that. Some dealers are good about not voiding your warranty and some not so much. Case in point the new Jeep Wrangler owner had their warranty marked void in the ECU because they drove their Jeep in mud. Not sure how much but the Jeep is advertised as an off-road capable vehicle and commercials show it going through mud and water. When the owner took the car to another dealer they found out the first dealer voided the warranty. Not cool. If your going to replace the vehicle within 3 years don’t bother with an extended warranty. The other point is if you do purchase one make sure you read the full warranty disclosed and make sure you understand any requirements you may have to follow. Consider getting a copy of the disclosure now so you can read it in advance before you hand over the money.

That's awesome!!!! My truck is built and inspected but no window sticker yet.
My VIN is 1C6SRFU93MN904533
I drive 15,000 miles or more a year and would probably want the unlimited warranty.
Can you get me a price?

Thanks,
Bill

"or is it more of a gimmick and they will find every way to get out of paying out claims"

Nail meet head.....Every single extended warranty for every single product including vehicles is a huge margin profit making machine for the person selling the warranty and a rip off for the person buying it. As a rule of thumb the actual value of the warranty is about 6 to 12 percent of the price paid for the warranty. So a $4,000 extended warranty on a vehicle ends up being worth about $400 on average. In order to convince you of this just think about it there are huge companies with massive overhead that are making a profit and all they do is sell extended warranties. This is unlike insurance because everything you can buy an extended warranty for has a finite value and almost always a rapidly depreciating value at that, where as with health and vehicle insurance that covers peoples lives (yes auto insurance covers you in the case you injure or kill another driver or yourself) protects you with something that has an infinite value (a human life).

Yes there are cases in which an extended warranty on a vehicle covers a repair that exceeded the amount spent on the warranty when the repair needs to be done outside of the original factory warranty, however if this were the norm rather than the exception then no one would be willing to sell you an extended warranty because they would be guaranteed to lose money.

Warranty companies get out of paying more often than not by having tons of loopholes built into their policies that they don't tell you about then when you are taking it in for a claim and you say something like "i took it off roading and drove through a puddle then a week later the car wouldn't start" they mark down that you "submerged your car in mud" and it voids the entire warranty and they are off the hook for any and all repairs and keep the money you spent on it. (this is an actual example of what happened to a lady with a brand new gladiator)

In a nut shell lets say you have 2 guys that each bought and drove a different 3 year old used car every 5 years for 50 years. The first guy declined the $4,000 extended warranty on every single car and the second guy bought the same offered warranty every single time. The profit margin of the warranty companies would say that both of the guys would have about $4,000 worth of repairs on the 10 vehicles total bought combined that would have been covered by the warranty. The first guy would have had to come up with the $4,000 at the time of the repair where the second guy would have been covered but the first guy would have spent a total of $36,000 less on his cars than the second guy.

Rule of thumb the harder the salesmen has to work on selling you something the less you should be willing to buy and the sales pitch for an extended warranty is in my experience the most high pressure sale in the entire car buying process. First they start by telling you a story of a guy just last week that had a $9,000 repair that was covered by it. If you say no they talk about it goes into your loan and its only an extra $50 a month for peace of mind of not having an unexpected repair pop up. If you say no to that I have had them outright insult me telling me I will regret it and come begging them to cover a repair.
Well written. Curious if you think this has any merit to the conversation.

Does the warranty hold any more value when the product is a new / modified design? The thought process "they haven't worked out all the kinks yet", so your % chance of needing something is exponentially hirer? Dumb comparison: When they first came out with home shredders I bought the hole life warranty. I got like 5 shredders for free. 3 years later I bought one, got the warranty, it's still running a freakn' decade later.

Really enjoyed your write-up and just for fun wanted to get your take on newness of the product line, and warranty.

Well written. Curious if you think this has any merit to the conversation.

Does the warranty hold any more value when the product is a new / modified design? The thought process "they haven't worked out all the kinks yet", so your % chance of needing something is exponentially hirer? Dumb comparison: When they first came out with home shredders I bought the hole life warranty. I got like 5 shredders for free. 3 years later I bought one, got the warranty, it's still running a freakn' decade later.

Really enjoyed your write-up and just for fun wanted to get your take on newness of the product line, and warranty.
I'm still on the fence about the whole extended warranty thing. I don't usually buy extended warranties, but have been concerned about the issues that have plagued some customers right out of the gate. With my luck, something could happen as soon as the regular warranty is up. LOL!

I'm still on the fence about the whole extended warranty thing. I don't usually buy extended warranties, but have been concerned about the issues that have plagued some customers right out of the gate. With my luck, something could happen as soon as the regular warranty is up. LOL!
For me the lower reliability of Ram (vs my Tundra), the fact this is a new vehicle for them, the fact I can get a deal at $100 over cost (and it only is like 2% of the vehicle cost) all pushed me over the edge.

It’s just insurance. You usually pay more than you get from it, but there are catastrophic situations where it way more than pays for itself. I do agree with the other poster about looking to how good they are at honoring the warranty though. Haven’t done that yet.

That's awesome!!!! My truck is built and inspected but no window sticker yet.
My VIN is 1C6SRFU93MN904533
I drive 15,000 miles or more a year and would probably want the unlimited warranty.
Can you get me a price?

Thanks,
Bill
Hey Bill, we can not do the unlimited plan on TRX. I edited my posting the other day to reflect that, once I learned of the exclusion.

Hey Bill, we can not do the unlimited plan on TRX. I edited my posting the other day to reflect that, once I learned of the exclusion.
ok, Thanks!
What is the longest and most mileage you can do? Can I get a quote for that?

Thanks,
Bill

You can buy it at any time... look at the first picture at the right most 3 columns, that gives you warranty cost of the miles on your vehicle at the time of the warranty purchase.
So you can wait to get the lowest cost warranty until your truck is at almost 12k miles... HOWEVER, what folks need to remember is the year term of the warrant is NOT the date of when you buy the warranty, it's based off the date of when the vehicle was manufactured or it's original dealership purchase.

So don't think you can wait a year and rack up 12k miles, then expect to add a 6yr warranty that starts from the date you bought the warranty, the warranty clock starts from date of manufacture or original dealership purchase date.
Wait. This is strange. Normal warranty doesn’t start until the dealer punches it on sale date. This warranty uses manufacture date?

You can buy it at any time... look at the first picture at the right most 3 columns, that gives you warranty cost of the miles on your vehicle at the time of the warranty purchase.

Wait. This is strange. Normal warranty doesn’t start until the dealer punches it on sale date. This warranty uses manufacture date?
That’s it in a nut shell......I probably will wait and see if I have it for more that 3 yrs, either purchase it then or upgrade to a newer Trx.

I definitely see what you're saying.. This is the new car maxcare warranty through FCA and has ALWAYS has been this way. Yes, it starts with in-service date of vehicle. If you wait until 36k or 3 years to purchase a Max care warranty as a preowned plan, your rate increases and the max length of time/miles is the same. Use the charts I've posted above, for reference. Preowned plans are a bit higher

For what it's worth, I do this all day every day. IMO... if you plan to rack on miles or keep truck beyond manufacturer warranty, the Better deals are before 12k miles.

I definitely see what you're saying.. This is the new car maxcare warranty through FCA and has ALWAYS has been this way. Yes, it starts with in-service date of vehicle. If you wait until 36k or 3 years to purchase a Max care warranty as a preowned plan, your rate increases and the max length of time/miles is the same. Use the charts I've posted above, for reference. Preowned plans are a bit higher

For what it's worth, I do this all day every day. IMO... if you plan to rack on miles or keep truck beyond manufacturer warranty, the Better deals are before 12k miles.
Thanks for your insight, much appreciated.

How do I message you?

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back