Just at the dealer and 3 TRXs

All the dealers by me are advertising 5-8k off on all TRX’s even FE’s. Even 10k off puts it at 115k which is 20k to high. Stellantis leaders just don’t get the American buyer

All the dealers by me are advertising 5-8k off on all TRX’s even FE’s. Even 10k off puts it at 115k which is 20k to high. Stellantis leaders just don’t get the American buyer
Agree, the basic truck hasn’t changed and a $40K increase is ridiculous. For the visually impaired that’s a 59% increase so even if inflation were 30% the other 29% came out of someone’s a$$ at STLA.

Agree, the basic truck hasn’t changed and a $40K increase is ridiculous. For the visually impaired that’s a 59% increase so even if inflation were 30% the other 29% came out of someone’s a$$ at STLA.

A 2021 TRX with the same options as a 2024 FE had an MSRP of ~$90k. The FE's are at $125k. That's a difference of 39%. Inflation accounted for about 22% of that price increase and Ram tacked on another 17%. Apparently, Ram/Stellantis thought their trucks were under priced. It appears they were wrong, because I'm seeing discounts on FE's locally and we don't get many SE TRX's.

Just wait to see how much you lose when you sell it. I was having way to many electrical issues and now mine is gone. I will NEVER own anther RAM / Dodge product again. I loved how the truck drove and performed but when they upcharge for all the electronics and they don't work then it's time to say goodbye. I was so mad with the manufacture I sold off my Hellcat Charger as well. My short-term loss will be their long-term loss as I tell everyone I know to dump their products. I buy a new vehicle every year and have for the past 10 years, it will be when hell freezes over before I have anther product from this manufacturer. My truck is still on the lot that I sold it too and they have had to drop the price because they have so many brand new TRXs sitting on the lot, so if you want a 2023 with low milage and all brand new components in it with all of the 2024 software (that still has all of the "known" bugs in it) I know where you can get a hell of a deal. Plus, it has a 100,000-mile bumper to bumper factory warranty attached to the VIN (after going round and round with Stalantis for months because my truck was in the shop to fix software more than 8 time in a year). Miss driving that truck, but don't miss the Mondays back at the shop because anther software issue of something I paid for didn't operate like it was supposed to.

Just wait to see how much you lose when you sell it. I was having way to many electrical issues and now mine is gone. I will NEVER own anther RAM / Dodge product again. I loved how the truck drove and performed but when they upcharge for all the electronics and they don't work then it's time to say goodbye. I was so mad with the manufacture I sold off my Hellcat Charger as well. My short-term loss will be their long-term loss as I tell everyone I know to dump their products. I buy a new vehicle every year and have for the past 10 years, it will be when hell freezes over before I have anther product from this manufacturer. My truck is still on the lot that I sold it too and they have had to drop the price because they have so many brand new TRXs sitting on the lot, so if you want a 2023 with low milage and all brand new components in it with all of the 2024 software (that still has all of the "known" bugs in it) I know where you can get a hell of a deal. Plus, it has a 100,000-mile bumper to bumper factory warranty attached to the VIN (after going round and round with Stalantis for months because my truck was in the shop to fix software more than 8 time in a year). Miss driving that truck, but don't miss the Mondays back at the shop because anther software issue of something I paid for didn't operate like it was supposed to.
OTOH, I never bought a MOPAR product until I bought a Jeep SRT 6 or 7 years ago. Since then I've owned 2 Jeep SRT's, 2 Jeep Trackhawks. 1 Challenger (Hellcat of course) and now I'm on my second TRX. Never had to take any of them to a dealer for any repairs.

Don't forget the smoked side mirror lenses, LED hitch lamp in the tailgate, rear seat reminder alert and the EVAS system! (Emergency Vehicle Alert System) what else am I forgetting? I am a big fan of the digital cluster, very customizable as well as the option to put a tach up on the windshield via HUD.
The digital cluster is just that...a CLUSTER. Once you finally get it customized to your liking, a slight brush of the steering wheel and you get to start over. Over, over and over again. It is a POS CLUSTER! Give me an analog speedo, RPM and odometer. Put all the other CLUSTER in the trash!!!

The digital cluster is just that...a CLUSTER. Once you finally get it customized to your liking, a slight brush of the steering wheel and you get to start over. Over, over and over again. It is a POS CLUSTER! Give me an analog speedo, RPM and odometer. Put all the other CLUSTER in the trash!!!
Sounds like operator error, you got hate in your heart, let it out!

Just at the dealer and looked at three TRXs on the lot. $125K + $5K markup. Beyond new colors, Uconnect 5 and a digital cluster, I asked a sales guy "what's different vs my 2021 level II that I paid $88K"? He didn't know...
The launch edition and 2021 are supposed to be quicker than any later TRXs.....slower final edition......
Then you can buy from Granger do the Granger Goody package or if you like to give $$$$ away Hennessy 🦣 Mammoth and really have fun........

OTOH, I never bought a MOPAR product until I bought a Jeep SRT 6 or 7 years ago. Since then I've owned 2 Jeep SRT's, 2 Jeep Trackhawks. 1 Challenger (Hellcat of course) and now I'm on my second TRX. Never had to take any of them to a dealer for any repairs.
Until the TRX I have had 9 Ram Trucks several 1500s (every level of trims and price points) two 2500s and 0ne 3500 (Laramie). None of them had issues and I never had to deal with Ram Customer Care. This experience was just so bad it changed my entire view on the brand. It was how bad customer service was that was the kicker. Then the one issue I had with my Charger (Hellcat) and I was over it. I hope no one has issues and I hope that my last experience is uncommon for others (yet I know people who have gotten the same response from customer service). I just won't buy again after dealing with them. I finally got a resolution, but it was not until they looked into my ownership before they were willing to help me out. When the engineer says that "this is known issue" I am like then get it fixed before you sell it. These trucks are at a price point that demands that they perform top notch. I never had any issues with my Porshe nor did they tell me this is a "Known issue" with no path forward to fixing it. If you own a 2023 or higher there is a software issue that Ram is aware of and have no idea how to fix it. It has to do with the display screen and the communication between it an other modules in the truck. For some this is not an issue because there are work arounds to make it function and it not that big of a deal to them. To me everything should work as advertised or the manufacture should be doing their best to fix it, not giving customers a hard time and not wanting to do what is right for the customer. If I had not gotten rid of the truck my next step was enforcement of the lemon law. Luckly my dealership didn't want to lose me as a customer so they made me a hell of a deal on a Silverado 1500 (ZR2) and a 2500 (High Country).

Until the TRX I have had 9 Ram Trucks several 1500s (every level of trims and price points) two 2500s and 0ne 3500 (Laramie). None of them had issues and I never had to deal with Ram Customer Care. This experience was just so bad it changed my entire view on the brand. It was how bad customer service was that was the kicker. Then the one issue I had with my Charger (Hellcat) and I was over it. I hope no one has issues and I hope that my last experience is uncommon for others (yet I know people who have gotten the same response from customer service). I just won't buy again after dealing with them. I finally got a resolution, but it was not until they looked into my ownership before they were willing to help me out. When the engineer says that "this is known issue" I am like then get it fixed before you sell it. These trucks are at a price point that demands that they perform top notch. I never had any issues with my Porshe nor did they tell me this is a "Known issue" with no path forward to fixing it. If you own a 2023 or higher there is a software issue that Ram is aware of and have no idea how to fix it. It has to do with the display screen and the communication between it an other modules in the truck. For some this is not an issue because there are work arounds to make it function and it not that big of a deal to them. To me everything should work as advertised or the manufacture should be doing their best to fix it, not giving customers a hard time and not wanting to do what is right for the customer. If I had not gotten rid of the truck my next step was enforcement of the lemon law. Luckly my dealership didn't want to lose me as a customer so they made me a hell of a deal on a Silverado 1500 (ZR2) and a 2500 (High Country).
so what were these software issues that ruined it for you?

I was out looking at Jeeps the other day with a buddy of mine. One of the local RAM dealerships had at least 10 TRX trucks sitting on the lot.

ram-trx-georgetown-tx-dealer.jpeg

are you thinking the same what i'm thinking? It may be some of the issues @OnTheReel and other having issues with cluster and the module communications etc??

are you thinking the same what i'm thinking? It may be some of the issues @OnTheReel and other having issues with cluster and the module communications etc??

I have no idea what you are referring to. I have a 23 and I don't have any UConnect issues.

I have no idea what you are referring to. I have a 23 and I don't have any UConnect issues.
I think it depends how much time you spend with it, i.e maps and some other functionalities with strange issues it works one day and next day you try and it's not "available" Some people don't even use any of those functionalities, but it sounds like it's was annoying or a problem for Phil

I think it depends how much time you spend with it, i.e maps and some other functionalities with strange issues it works one day and next day you try and it's not "available" Some people don't even use any of those functionalities, but it sounds like it's was annoying or a problem for Phil

I can't imagine pissing away a bunch of money and taking the truck into the dealer for something so trivial. I could see it if the UConnect screen was not working or locking up or the digital EVIC was going blank on him.

I was out looking at Jeeps the other day with a buddy of mine. One of the local RAM dealerships had at least 10 TRX trucks sitting on the lot.

View attachment 128431
Hum, maybe I should buy a coupe and store them for a few years as an investment. I've got the spare cash and enclosed space. Wonder what I could get for a "near zero miles" TRX truck in a few+ years at Barrett Jackson. Biggest challenge would be not driving them. Well maybe a few miles each every 6 months would be okay and even good for the truck :)

Last edited:
The Large Screen with the drive mode setting would not automatically reset to when the vehicle was turned off. I would have to place it into a different setting then go back to the one I was previously in. Example: When towing I would stop to put gas in the vehicle, prior to stopping I would be in Tow / Haul mode. upon shutting down the vehicle (after 5min per the engineer) it should auto reset to Auto. The display would show that it was still in Tow / Haul but the dash would show it was in auto (The Tow light on the dash display would be off.) when pulling up the center display I could not return to either Tow / Haul or Auto I would have to select another option first (like Snow or Baja or one of the others) and then I could go and back to Tow / haul and continue on. No this might not seem like a bug deal as you could just change it using the touch pad, but I spent $119k on this vehicle and I wanted it to work as advertised. After 5 trips to the dealership and an Engineer flying out to work on the truck the Engineer said this was a "know Problem" and that they were working on a fix. I was fine with this answer from the engineer He was thinking that maybe replacing the radio would fix this issue (because sometimes it did and other time it did not. That is when the trouble for me started. Ram refused to replace the radio to see if this would fix it. Ram customer care is what became my big issue. They even told me that I need to contact the manufacturer of the radio as it was there is and Ram doesn't support Aftermarket equipment (I had the Harmon Kardon Sterio that is factory installed.) They actually told me I need to contact Harmon Kardon as this was their issue not Rams. Then they hung up on me. I had the Sales Manager call and guess what they hung up on him. After many calls I did get elevated to a Level 3 complaint and got an individual that was truly there to help me but it took countless calls and complaint to get that far. The only reason they helped me is because I was a loyal customer who had bought 9 vehicles from RAM in the last 10 years. To me that is unacceptable it shouldn't matter how many or what I have bought in the past the vehicle should be covered the same no matter how many I have bought or how much the truck costs. I could have lived with the issues that would eventually get fixed, I could not live with the poor Customer service from Ram Care. Then my Hellcat had an issue and I was done. It really isn't about the Truck it was about the Ram care that did it for me.

Last edited:
The Large Screen with the drive mode setting would not automatically reset to when the vehicle was turned off. I would have to place it into a different setting then go back to the one I was previously in. Example: When towing I would stop to put gas in the vehicle, prior to stopping I would be in Tow / Haul mode. upon shutting down the vehicle (after 5min per the engineer) it should auto reset to Auto. The display would show that it was still in Tow / Haul but the dash would show it was in auto (The Tow light on the dash display would be off.) when pulling up the center display I could not return to either Tow / Haul or Auto I would have to select another option first (like Snow or Baja or one of the others) and then I could go and back to Tow / haul and continue on. No this might not seem like a bug deal as you could just change it using the touch pad, but I spent $119k on this vehicle and I wanted it to work as advertised. After 5 trips to the dealership and an Engineer flying out to work on the truck the Engineer said this was a "know Problem" and that they were working on a fix. I was fine with this answer from the engineer He was thinking that maybe replacing the radio would fix this issue (because sometimes it did and other time it did not. That is when the trouble for me started. Ram refused to replace the radio to see if this would fix it. Ram customer care is what became my big issue. They even told me that I need to contact the manufacturer of the radio as it was there is and Ram doesn't support Aftermarket equipment (I had the Harmon Kardon Sterio that is factory installed.) They actually told me I need to contact Harmon Kardon as this was their issue not Rams. Then they hung up on me. I had the Sales Manager call and guess what they hung up on him. After many calls I did get elevated to a Level 3 complaint and got an individual that was truly there to help me but it took countless calls and complaint to get that far. The only reason they helped me is because I was a loyal customer who had bought 9 vehicles from RAM in the last 10 years. To me that is unacceptable it shouldn't matter how many or what I have bought in the past the vehicle should be covered the same no matter how many I have bought or how much the truck costs. I could have lived with the issues that would eventually get fixed, I could not live with the poor Customer service from Ram Care. Then my Hellcat had an issue and I was done. It really isn't about the Truck it was about the Ram care that did it for.
that definitely doesn't sound like fun. I was truly curious since I have gone through the trouble to put a 2023 radio and a 2023 digital cluster in my truck.

The most annoying bug I have is that the audio source must be set to “surprise me”. I listen mostly to a flash drive but many times when I turn the truck on it’s on a random different source. XM, FM, who knows. And then a few times it’s just totally ignored the flash drive the entire trip. I have an update file which may fix it but not a priority. Long as that sweet ass map works in the cluster my swap served it’s purpose.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back