Founding Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Current Ride #2
2020 Jeep JTR LE, 2018 JEEP JLR
Military
USCG
Just at the dealer and looked at three TRXs on the lot. $125K + $5K markup. Beyond new colors, Uconnect 5 and a digital cluster, I asked a sales guy "what's different vs my 2021 level II that I paid $88K"? He didn't know...

Don't forget the smoked side mirror lenses, LED hitch lamp in the tailgate, rear seat reminder alert and the EVAS system! (Emergency Vehicle Alert System) what else am I forgetting? I am a big fan of the digital cluster, very customizable as well as the option to put a tach up on the windshield via HUD.

Don't forget the smoked side mirror lenses, LED hitch lamp in the tailgate, rear seat reminder alert and the EVAS system! (Emergency Vehicle Alert System) what else am I forgetting? I am a big fan of the digital cluster, very customizable as well as the option to put a tach up on the windshield via HUD.
All that is just $42k more? No wonder these are stacking up inventory at dealers.

Everything has gone up…gas, groceries, insurance, interest rates even the transit fees…my 2018 4Runner Pro was 44K new, dealer had a 2023 on the showroom for 79K. I truly believe we need to be able to order direct from the manufacture and cut out the sleezy middleman salesman approach with junk add ons and ferrydust fees. Order and pick up at a delivery center. “Stuff has gone through the danged’d roof man” Boomhauer voice

All that is just $42k more? No wonder these are stacking up inventory at dealers.
I added the vast majority of that stuff to my 2021 and it certainly didn’t cost me 42k. I keep telling my wife I saved us tens of thousands with my retrofit but she doesn’t see it that way.

Truthfully it’s a mixed bag. The digital cluster is a huge step up. UC5 has some really good features and great potential, but way more glitches than my UC4 had. 3 honks is annoying and rear seat reminder is deactivated on mine. The rest of the differences are inconsequential.

I added the vast majority of that stuff to my 2021 and it certainly didn’t cost me 42k. I keep telling my wife I saved us tens of thousands with my retrofit but she doesn’t see it that way.

Truthfully it’s a mixed bag. The digital cluster is a huge step up. UC5 has some really good features and great potential, but way more glitches than my UC4 had. 3 honks is annoying and rear seat reminder is deactivated on mine. The rest of the differences are inconsequential.
Can you not remove the honks on UC4?

Just at the dealer and looked at three TRXs on the lot. $125K + $5K markup. Beyond new colors, Uconnect 5 and a digital cluster, I asked a sales guy "what's different vs my 2021 level II that I paid $88K"? He didn't know...

If I was the salesman, I would have said, "it's not 2021 any more".

When I was looking for a new TRX last year, I knew I was going to spend a little over $100k and I was okay with that price. I had an opportunity in 2021 to buy a Level 2 TRX that someone backed out of just as I was taking delivery of my Laramie. They were willing to sell it below MSRP, but I declined. I'm not even a little bit upset that I passed on that deal.

42k :)

Local dealer has two TRX’s at msrp, a white one and harvest. Checked them out this week while in service, same truck as the earlier models with some “specialty badging”. They haven’t moved in months. They also have a demon 170 with the carbon wheels. Msrp $133k but asking $233k, which is crazy. Apparently they had 4 at one time and only have one left, people are buying them at this crazy price.

Attachments

• IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    342.5 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_9373.jpeg
    IMG_9373.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 100
My Ex-dealer has 6 Final Editions on the lot for 50k over. I paid an ADM on all 3 of my TRXs but nowhere close to that.

Ill take the digital cluster over $5 leds
Digital cluster does nothing for me personally, but to each their own. I like the fact I got a fully loaded 21 lvl2 with every box checked except for carbon fiber accents (I would have checked that box if I was the original owner ordering) for $82k. It's crazy how these dealers "justify" the increase and it's even more crazy that people actually justify it to themselves and pay the stupid amounts they ask.

Everything has gone up…gas, groceries, insurance, interest rates even the transit fees… we need to be able to order "a new government administration in Nov..."
Yup...I Agree! :devilish:

3 honks is annoying and rear seat reminder is deactivated on mine. The rest of the differences are inconsequential.
How? (Please don’t say through Tazer, I threw mine out)

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back