Is it battery time?

Man I have had Drone for over 2 years now and my battery has always said 12.5ish resting voltage. I have a good Noco charger I can throw on. We'll see if it changes what Drone says.
 
That’s interesting because mine did the same thing with the low voltage warning for the first time last week. Battery is original but 2024 and testing shows it’s good. I’m sure there must’ve been an update issue either with drone or uconnect. Voltage kept dropping fast even after a longer drive. So I reset uconnect just in case it wasn’t shutting down and seemed to solve the voltage drain issue.
 
Do you guys typically see voltage jump around when hot? I've noticed mine sometimes will fluctuate between 12.1 and 14 in a matter of couple min. It not all the time just sometimes thought it was odd it would move that much though. Just had new battery put in few months ago.
 
Do you guys typically see voltage jump around when hot? I've noticed mine sometimes will fluctuate between 12.1 and 14 in a matter of couple min.
Not under steady throttle, but it sure can differ that much between accelerating and decel.

That's the issue I've been chasing.
 
I leave my truck plugged into a battery tender every night. The tender shows that the battery is fully charged at 12.6V and in good health. 90% of the time at startup, idle, and while cruising, my voltage will be around 12.6-12.8V, no matter how much demand I put on the battery. During the winter, I've seen it hit a low of 12.3V. It jumps to 14V on deceleration and WOT.
 
Just found these two factory maps for the pwm alternator targets to temperature
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1027.webp
    IMG_1027.webp
    618.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1026.webp
    IMG_1026.webp
    596.6 KB · Views: 28
OK, Just got off the phone with Drone. They were having an issue with the app causing the low battery reading at ignition, the fix is delete the app, reinstall and login. Should take care of it per Drone, but if it persists to call them. I'm gonna give it a try now.
 
Last edited:
was there an update, because I just started getting these warnings on my phone. I just changed my battery as well but that doesn't mean I didn't get a shit battery. Had one from Costco completely die in 2 months after purchase on another vehicle I have.
 
According to Drone something was causing the issue, I deleted the app and reinstalled, we'll see what happens.
 
This December will mark my trucks 5th year with the factory battery. I'm thinking of going with a Antigravity. Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone that route.
 
This December will mark my trucks 5th year with the factory battery. I'm thinking of going with a Antigravity. Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone that route.
I haven't, yet, as my 21 is still also on the stock battery.

That said a buddy of mine with a TRX did it. He went with the H8 size as it fits in the stock location, even though our trucks use the H7.

I replaced the battery on my 2014 Ram R/T a few months back with an Antigravity I got off eBay pretty cheap. Guy bought it for a project car and apparently it was only used a couple times. Been great for me and I got it for like 2/3 of new cost.
 
I haven't, yet, as my 21 is still also on the stock battery.

That said a buddy of mine with a TRX did it. He went with the H8 size as it fits in the stock location, even though our trucks use the H7.

I replaced the battery on my 2014 Ram R/T a few months back with an Antigravity I got off eBay pretty cheap. Guy bought it for a project car and apparently it was only used a couple times. Been great for me and I got it for like 2/3 of new cost.
Do you drive your truck much? daily?
Mine was a daily till my daughter got her license and Jeep so now I only drive it maybe once/week.
I tested my batt and it showed a SOH of 66% with a SOC of 75% so I did a 30 hour trickle charge/repair with my NOCO Genius 2 and got it up to SOH of 85% and SOC of 100% so definitely some good de-sulfating work there by the NOCO.
I'll see how much longer this battery will last before I pull the trigger on that $1k+ batt.
 
This December will mark my trucks 5th year with the factory battery. I'm thinking of going with a Antigravity. Just wanted to see if anyone else has gone that route.
My 22 is still on the original battery with 93k miles on it and no signs of problems, yet. :) Antigravity is on top of my list, when the time comes.
 
That said a buddy of mine with a TRX did it. He went with the H8 size as it fits in the stock location, even though our trucks use the H7.
TRX has an H8 from factory. A fairly weak one at only 800 CCA, but H8-sized nonetheless.

When my OEM one was fading I just went with the Walmart Everstart Platinum. Based on the poor lifespans of some of the higher end batteries lately, I can say it’s been the right call at under $200.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top