Group Buy #2: RB Performance Brakes 4-Piston BBK For 18" Wheels Q2 2024 (CLOSED)

I got my RB calipers and front rotors on. Very nice pieces. However I wasn't crazy about having to bend the brake line to keep it from rubbing tires. What's eveyone else's thoughts on this?
Also it triggers my ocd that the groove machined into rotors swoops foward instead of to the rear like every other rotor on the planet

I got my RB calipers and front rotors on. Very nice pieces. However I wasn't crazy about having to bend the brake line to keep it from rubbing tires. What's eveyone else's thoughts on this?
Also it triggers my ocd that the groove machined into rotors swoops foward instead of to the rear like every other rotor on the planet
Do you have pictures showing the bend in the brake line? I haven't installed any kits yet and was unaware of this requirement.

Do you have pictures showing the bend in the brake line? I haven't installed any kits yet and was unaware of this requirement.
Yeah let me get some tonight. The oem caliper has the brake line mounted on top of the caliper and the end of the line attached to caliper is a hard line that's L shaped. The RB caliper mounts the line on the side of caliper. The only way to give the line enough length is to mount the L facing up. When you install the wheel the tire hits the line. I had to bend the lines towards the engine to clear the tire. Stressing that hard line to bend it really concerns me. Because you are bending it where it's welded to the banjo bolt block

Would a braided steel line with a built in 90 or dog leg solve that issue on the fronts? I'd prefer not to bend that in order to make it fit either.

Yeah let me get some tonight. The oem caliper has the brake line mounted on top of the caliper and the end of the line attached to caliper is a hard line that's L shaped. The RB caliper mounts the line on the side of caliper. The only way to give the line enough length is to mount the L facing up. When you install the wheel the tire hits the line. I had to bend the lines towards the engine to clear the tire. Stressing that hard line to bend it really concerns me. Because you are bending it where it's welded to the banjo bolt block
OE line is directional (Left & right are different) and confined to a square “seat” in the caliper with a top oil inlet and can only rotate 90 deg.
1713551482730.png

If the OE line is installed to RB caliper with the same direction like shown below the line will touch the tire.
1713551524011.png
1713551539353.png

However RB caliper is made with a “Side” inlet and is easier and more flexible to install (Allowing a 360 deg free rotation.)
The correct way is to reposition the OE line by turning it ~20 deg CCW towards control arm away from the tire for enough clearance, then tighten the banjo bolt.
1713551622822.png

Last edited:
Here is my setup, let me know if your interested!

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    241.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3607.jpeg
    IMG_3607.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3606.jpeg
    IMG_3606.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3605.jpeg
    IMG_3605.jpeg