Greetings from America's Hat!

Old Fossil

TRX Noob
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
Hummer H1, buying a 2024 TRX Final
Greetings and salutations,

Name is James and I have a problem which I am recovering from. I have been a Chevy guy for the last 20 years and have finally seen the light. I have purchased a 2024 TRX Final Edition in Delmonico Red. This will be my first Dodge. I don't have any pictures of my truck yet as the stealership is transferring it from another dealer I have a few pics but they have to do a PDI, rustproofing, and probably some other junk to my new girl. I should have it probably in a week or two.

I have been reading everything and everything I can in here to learn about it and what I should look out for. It seems like it is a mandatory thing to get an IGLA and a Compustar T13 put in it immediately if I don't want to have to file an insurance claim on a missing vehicle. Hoping that @Air’d outSRT can point me in the right direction for getting these installed.

From my readings in the forum that the next thing after that is to put an oil catch can in. Any inputs from you well seasoned veterans of this beast of a machine?

Looking forward to everything to come. 😁

Just got pictures from the dealer. My truck build number is: 0770. That pleases my OCD. 😂

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    418.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    455.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Greetings and salutations,

Name is James and I have a problem which I am recovering from. I have been a Chevy guy for the last 20 years and have finally seen the light. I have purchased a 2024 TRX Final Edition in Delmonico Red. This will be my first Dodge. I don't have any pictures of my truck yet as the stealership is transferring it from another dealer and they have to do a PDI, rustproofing, and probably some other junk to my new girl. I should have it probably in a week or two.

I have been reading everything and everything I can in here to learn about it and what I should look out for. It seems like it is a mandatory thing to get an IGLA and a Compustar T13 put in it immediately if I don't want to have to file an insurance claim on a missing vehicle. Hoping that @Air’d outSRT can point me in the right direction for getting these installed.

From my readings in the forum that the next thing after that is to put an oil catch can in. Any inputs from you well seasoned veterans of this beast of a machine?

Looks like you are in ontario canada? Let me know and I will talk to IGLA Canada and get you to the closest dealer for both

i didn’t read your whole post the first time, but you might have opened a can of worms on the oil catch can. There are people that think it is a scam …not needed….complete waste of money because the engineers didn’t put one on the truck and they know best. There are another set of people and think it is needed and some of them fall into the thought that engineers didn’t put it on from the factory because people are not aware enough or too lazy to check it and empty it regularly which supposedly a full catch can is worse than no catch can.

i didn’t read your whole post the first time, but you might have opened a can of worms on the oil catch can. There are people that think it is a scam …not needed….complete waste of money because the engineers didn’t put one on the truck and they know best. There are another set of people and think it is needed and some of them fall into the thought that engineers didn’t put it on from the factory because people are not aware enough or too lazy to check it and empty it regularly which supposedly a full catch can is worse than no catch can.
Engineers also put catalytic converters on it and a restricted intake 🤷‍♂️

Congratulations another for team RED!

welcome and congrats on the new truck. Love that color. I had it on 2 chargers and it really pops in the sun.
I love the colour.

Looks like you are in ontario canada? Let me know and I will talk to IGLA Canada and get you to the closest dealer for both
You got it, sir.

Okay, I'll do it this time. 🤣

View attachment 127932
Yeah, I keep forgetting they broke out into their own brand. What do you want from me? I'm an old fossil! 😂

Engineers also put catalytic converters on it and a restricted intake 🤷‍♂️
And put oil filters behind open cross members so when you do an oil change that oil goes everywhere! Engineers are a nightmare. 😂 No forethought.

I love the colour.

You got it, sir.

Yeah, I keep forgetting they broke out into their own brand. What do you want from me? I'm an old fossil! 😂

And put oil filters behind open cross members so when you do an oil change that oil goes everywhere! Engineers are a nightmare. 😂 No forethought.
Ontario is a pretty big province, let me know location (private message if you want to) and I will get you squared away.

Welcome and congrats on the new truck. If you are in T.O. go see Ron at Car Systems Installation in North York he can hook you up with IGLA, Compustar and I think he now does the TAG tracking system too which is an excellent add on, trust me read up on it. Your insurance company may even make it mandatory to have before getting coverage. I'm hearing alot about that now in Ontario.

Welcome and congrats on the new truck. If you are in T.O. go see Ron at Car Systems Installation in North York he can hook you up with IGLA, Compustar and I think he now does the TAG tracking system too which is an excellent add on, trust me read up on it. Your insurance company may even make it mandatory to have before getting coverage. I'm hearing alot about that now in Ontario.
Yeah, I'm in Brampton. 🙈 So I can definitely get to North York. I did see from my reading on the forums that this place was mentioned a few times. Yay, I'm on the right track. 😂 What is the tag tracking thing you were mentioning?

I think if you'll let Rob give your truck a TLC inspection, change the lug nuts without jacking the tires off the ground, and install an O'Reilly air filter, you should be good to go.
Talk to scuba for performance !

Yeah, I'm in Brampton. 🙈 So I can definitely get to North York. I did see from my reading on the forums that this place was mentioned a few times. Yay, I'm on the right track. 😂 What is the tag tracking thing you were mentioning?
Oh yeah you're really close to Ron then, definitely go see him for your installs, don't hesitate to call him.

Just got pictures from the dealer. My truck build number is: 0770. That pleases my OCD. 😂
Gorgeous color and well done on a Final Edition! Noting the H1 mention (I used to work at SMA Hummer/Stinger Mac Accessories)... curious what other vehicles you've owned? Especially if you've traditionally modified... pics please!

Buy a seasonal rental here in metro-Phoenix and leave the TRX here.... skip rustproofing, add the loudest exhaust available and listen to 'Bald Eagles' every cold start. Enjoy the normality of 150kph Interstate traffic, plenty of trails and plenty of firearms (for those pesky snakes). Typical we shun 'Snowbirds' but make vehicular exceptions.

All joking aside, grew up in neighboring Mississauga, ON (even the 79' train derailment/evacuation)...immigrated with my parents job relocation in 85'. A four month exigent work emergency in T.O. (2010) was a massive culture shock although I did enjoy Canadian Tire, Coffee Crisp and ketchup potato chips!

You joined an amazing forum, passionate and informative commentary and assistance!

Attachments

• TRX sunset.jpg
    TRX sunset.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to the forum. You will see that color referred to as "retirement red". It is my favorite color, but I am an old guy. 😂

Welcome and congrats, Old Fossil! I took the liberty of giving your Beast a little digital makeover and importing some warmth from the Valley of the Sun. :cool:

Good luck and launch often!

OldFossil.png

Back