FORD Officially wishes they had a V8 Powered RAPTOR R

I’m buying whichever is better
True to a point, I know die hard Ford guys that would never admit the TRX is better or even own one. Had one here the other day and definitely had no idea what he was talking about. It’s honestly hard to beat the Hemi 6.2 SC drivetrain. But I’m also one of those guys if Ford came out with a crazy Raptor. I’m going to throw dumb money at my TRX to make it better. That’s makes me just a damn hard head. Guess that why I bent a rod in my Cummins with 1k miles.

So all this tells me is, to this point, 1 or more things are in play:

1) FORD has not made a GT500 motor work (Hellcat lost about 100HP over redeye, so why wouldn't GT500 engine, have same issues. So that would be 660HP engine. Why do it, if you cant top it? This is all about bragging rights. For a 1 or 2 year truck.
2) Cant get FORD's exec's final approval.
3) Can't get FORD's legal team approval.
4) Then add in FORD's hidden agenda agreement with the eco terrorist.
5) Add in emissions/EPA fines for non eco friendly vehicle.
6) Then add in, the not being politically correct making a non eco friendly truck.
1 or all.

Has anyone seen the Mustang Mach-E, its a mini station wagon hatch back. This is there sports car future. That's all you need to know.

1614607288532.png

1614607356822.png

1614607397885.png

If it was just about competing, they would just do it. Whatever one is better, people will buy.

FCA to its credit, had a lot of balls building the TRX, with the eco terrorist and politically correctness demanding you to conform. So it will a 1 or 2 year truck at 702HP.

Last edited:
So all this tells me is, to this point, 1 or more things are in play:

1) FORD has not made a GT500 motor work (Hellcat lost about 100HP over redeye, so why wouldn't GT500 engine, have same issues. So that would be 660HP engine. Why do it, if you cant top it? This is all about bragging rights. For a 1 or 2 year truck.
2) Cant get FORD's exec's final approval.
3) Can't get FORD's legal team approval.
4) Then add in FORD's hidden agenda agreement with the eco terrorist.
5) Add in emissions/EPA fines for non eco friendly vehicle.
6) Then add in, the not being politically correct making a non eco friendly truck.
1 or all.

Has anyone seen the Mustang Mach-E, its a mini station wagon hatch back. This is there sports car future. That's all you need to know.

View attachment 6516
View attachment 6517
View attachment 6518

If it was just about competing, they would just do it. Whatever one is better, people will buy.

FCA to its credit, had a lot of balls building the TRX, with the eco terrorist and politically correctness demanding you to conform. So it will a 1 or 2 year truck at 702HP.
They have confirmed a Raptor R is coming next year on their instagram so it is coming. They have rumored a few engines for it but nothing confirmed. They really only need 660HP to be faster then the TRX since the Raptor is 10% lighter but I imagine they will come in around 725HP since, like you said its a war of bragging rights. They also need to do a little more then add a big motor in the Raptor to meet the TRX. Ram will probably sit on a Redeye version until the Raptor R is announced is my guess.

Ford can afford another big block truck now that the Mach-E is on sale as they could offset their own emissions fine without having to pay Tesla an arm and leg to buy their credits. Tho that discussion is a much deeper and technical one with multiple layers of how the emissions tax credit offset and fines work.

The Mach-E is trying to compete with the Tesla Model Y. Sad reality is, and I am a little biased to Ford but this is just facts.......FCA/Stellantis needs to major strategic pivot and an accelerated one, otherwise they may not exist at all in 10 years. Ford silently bought a major stake in Electrify America a few years ago and very few people now this, Ford has a bigger charging network then Tesla. FCA/Stellantis have exactly 0 public use charging stations in the country. So if they launch an EV platform, you will still have to pay either Electrify USA (Ford) or Teslas network to charge an FCA/Stellantis product.

So as much as I love the TRX right now, in 2-3 years when they can't sell a hellcat motor and the emissions credit transfer rights expires.....do you really want to pay probably 20%-30% more for a Stellantis EV with no reliability assurance to then get no charging infrastructure? Even GM has failed horribly launching EV vehicles so far because they lack access to charging infrastructure and can't offer anything at a competitive price. I don't agree with how the system works entirely but nonetheless it is the system and Ford is more focued on trying to win the EV war of the future with the big 3.

With that said the Hellcat motor is probably the best thing that has happened in the automotive world in my generation. I don't care what anyone else says. I wish they could have kept that motor going for years to come but even they have sun-downed that path internally. :(

They have confirmed a Raptor R is coming next year on their instagram so it is coming. They have rumored a few engines for it but nothing confirmed. They really only need 660HP to be faster then the TRX since the Raptor is 10% lighter but I imagine they will come in around 725HP since, like you said its a war of bragging rights. They also need to do a little more then add a big motor in the Raptor to meet the TRX. Ram will probably sit on a Redeye version until the Raptor R is announced is my guess.

That all makes sense, they are still figuring out.

Approximately, how much time did it take FCA to put a Hellcat in a Trail Hawk or TRX?

Did not follow the developments from the beginning.

Approximately, how much time did it take FCA to put a Hellcat in a Trail Hawk or TRX?

The TRX concept was about 4 years ago. Tho the final product and concept had a lot of other things they had to engineer. The Hellcat was launched in 2015 and the Trackhawk was revealed in 2017 as a 2018 model year so I would say something like 2-3 years is fair.

Hellcat first available for order in august 2014 in the challenger and charger only for model year 2015.

August 2017 Jeep trackhawk available for order for 2018 model

August 2020 TRX available for order for 2021 model year

November 2020 Durango Hellcat available to order for exclusive 1 year run model year 2021

Most recent rumors is all hellcat platforms will be extinct for model year 2023 or 2024

However this is all based on future EPA rules that are supposed to be implemented, as of yet there has not been a single EPA rule change that has been implemented in the time frame in which it was first set forward. Car companies will keep making products that are profitable for them and realistically until solid state battery technology is available for mass produced car batteries (allows rapid charging of 80% battery life in about 5 minutes) and every single gas station in the country is supplemented with charging stations gasoline vehicles will still dominate the roads especially in the truck class where towing over a distance is a concern.....

Whether they want to admit it or not current EVs are less practical for 95% of american car owners than 2 seater mid engine sports cars with no trunk. If you want to take a road trip you are constantly facing "range anxiety" and planning your route based on charging stations, and forget about towing anything.

If you want the performance and can afford to take the loss of the full value of a BRAND NEW car every 5-10 years they can be fun, but the $10k to $40k batteries that are put in these cars degrade to nothing and can't be fixed or recycled make the used car market for EVs almost non existent and quite frankly the majority of americans can't afford to drive EVs with the current technology limitations...

Long story short I'm not worried about not being able to buy a gas engine car any time soon and I will keep buying them as long as they make them

If the government was not forcing the electric/emissions issue, no one would move to it. Forced change by dictatorship. Just another power grab.

It always amazes me the largest trees, animals ever lived on this earth, thrived for 100's of millions years, were during the dinosaur age, when temps were higher than now and there was no carbon emissions to blame. Just like the earths 3 ice ages. Most of this is due earths axis tilts changes over the 26,000 year cycle and planets natural long term cycles.

I am sure when they forced off lead gas and dirty diesel the feeling were the same.

Most recent rumors is all hellcat platforms will be extinct for model year 2023 or 2024

However this is all based on future EPA rules that are supposed to be implemented, as of yet there has not been a single EPA rule change that has been implemented in the time frame in which it was first set forward. Car companies will keep making products that are profitable for them and realistically until solid state battery technology is available for mass produced car batteries (allows rapid charging of 80% battery life in about 5 minutes) and every single gas station in the country is supplemented with charging stations gasoline vehicles will still dominate the roads especially in the truck class where towing over a distance is a concern.....
Unfortunatly two of our biggest automakers are in the "America Last" camp and they are more than happy to limit the cars their customers want.

Hellcat first available for order in august 2014 in the challenger and charger only for model year 2015.

August 2017 Jeep trackhawk available for order for 2018 model

August 2020 TRX available for order for 2021 model year

November 2020 Durango Hellcat available to order for exclusive 1 year run model year 2021

Whether they want to admit it or not current EVs are less practical for 95% of american car owners than 2 seater mid engine sports cars with no trunk. If you want to take a road trip you are constantly facing "range anxiety" and planning your route based on charging stations, and forget about towing anything.

If you want the performance and can afford to take the loss of the full value of a BRAND NEW car every 5-10 years they can be fun, but the $10k to $40k batteries that are put in these cars degrade to nothing and can't be fixed or recycled make the used car market for EVs almost non existent and quite frankly the majority of americans can't afford to drive EVs with the current technology limitations...

Long story short I'm not worried about not being able to buy a gas engine car any time soon and I will keep buying them as long as they make them
I had posted this in another thread but: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/8/1...rysler-credits-european-union-emissions-fines

The laws I think already exist and are being implemented. Its a staggered roll out so it gets harder and harder with each year and I believe 2022/2023 is the last year for the full mandates to set in. The Hellcat vehicles are becoming less and less profitable each year. Tesla probably makes almost as much per Hellcat as FCA does. Tesla makes more from these tax credit payments in a quarter then they do selling cars themselves all year.

The 6.2 Hellcat engine is dead in 3 years. If this forum is still around, I'm going to reply to this post.

If they do disappear, I'm sitting on a gold mine. My Redeye and TRX will be this generations 426 HEMI CUDA in the future!!!

I would be game for a hybrid TRX, already taking the weigh penalty of an EV anyway with this truck, and moar power and moar range is never a bad thing.

Back