FIRST LOOK: LED Side-Mirror "Ditch Lights" for the Ram TRX!

@ORACLE
Is the clear cover glass?
The Retaining screws look like bug magnets, so I would be concerned about cleaning that area.

The lens is made from PMMA which is a polymer not glass.

Speaking of magnets we have a pretty convenient way to keep these lights compliant (if your state requires covers) and clean.

Our magnetic covers work on the Ram mirrors as well:
5916-504_G_1024x1024.jpg

The lens is made from PMMA which is a polymer not glass.

Speaking of magnets we have a pretty convenient way to keep these lights compliant (if your state requires covers) and clean.

Our magnetic covers work on the Ram mirrors as well:
5916-504_G_1024x1024.jpg

Hey @ORACLE, got a question/request for when (not if) you come out with a trailer-tow mirror version. Would it be possible to make the plane of lights follow the mirror housing a little more closely (even though it would require the actual lights to be cocked in their holes)? The one thing I don't like about the current setup is how far it extends at the outboard end of the mirror. So if you look at the picture below, the inboard end only extends 3/4"-1" (?) from the housing. Could that follow all the way across, and then the lights be skewed inside?

1680276661121.png

Hey @ORACLE, got a question/request for when (not if) you come out with a trailer-tow mirror version. Would it be possible to make the plane of lights follow the mirror housing a little more closely (even though it would require the actual lights to be cocked in their holes)? The one thing I don't like about the current setup is how far it extends at the outboard end of the mirror. So if you look at the picture below, the inboard end only extends 3/4"-1" (?) from the housing. Could that follow all the way across, and then the lights be skewed inside?

View attachment 93735

Think I understand what you are saying you prefer the appearance if the position of the LED module to be at the same angle as the forward facing surface?

It would be very difficult to angle the individual LEDs because the existing design has a single PCB mated to a rather large aluminum heat sink. Here is a cut away to show a glimpse at the internal for reference. Changing the angle of the individual LEDs would require 6 separate PCBs, a rather complex heat sink, and reconfiguration of the optics. I think it would become cost prohibitive after these adjustments.

Screen Shot 2023-03-31 at 10.45.36 AM.png

What is the best guesstimate price wise we would be looking at?

Think I understand what you are saying you prefer the appearance if the position of the LED module to be at the same angle as the forward facing surface?

It would be very difficult to angle the individual LEDs because the existing design has a single PCB mated to a rather large aluminum heat sink. Here is a cut away to show a glimpse at the internal for reference. Changing the angle of the individual LEDs would require 6 separate PCBs, a rather complex heat sink, and reconfiguration of the optics. I think it would become cost prohibitive after these adjustments.

View attachment 93739
Understood. I don't suppose it would be feasible to use reflectors/mirrors, so that you could keep the lights flat (straight) and still provide the angle you want? This is an extreme example:

1680278903829.png

What is the best guesstimate price wise we would be looking at?
So far we are looking really good with our BOM, should be about the same price as the Raptor Mirrors $399/set MSRP (before the forum discount)

Understood. I don't suppose it would be feasible to use reflectors/mirrors, so that you could keep the lights flat (straight) and still provide the angle you want? This is an extreme example:
We are working on the tow mirror design now. Will probably start a new thread, we can share some preliminary renders in the next 2 weeks for feedback.

I would like the version where you can replace the LEDs with tiny missiles. Of course radar guided and nuclear.

View attachment 93721
You’re talking about “smart bombs” essentially. Too many dumb people on the road, and I’m not wasting smart bombs on dumb people.

When will these be available, I don't see them on the website?

I’m interested. What is the forum discounted price and when will they be available?

will the ambers have the ability to be a DRL?
Not intended to be but with an inline step-down or PWM switch these could theoretically be switched back and forth from low mode (DRL) to full mode. We would need to look into that a little more to confirm.

When will these be available, I don't see them on the website?
We are finalizing the details and production schedule to get an accurate completion date when we can ship. Should have something up soon!

Will the amber color match the oem amber?
As much as it can, the OEM amber is a different type of LED, lens diffusion, and focusing optic, its designed to light up where as our LEDs are designed to project light on the road so its 2 different types of light sources so its hard to compare the 2 side-by-side. Hope that makes sense.

Will be similar to our bumper light bar:
52753576200_7af75d5338_k.jpg

Switching back to the tow mirror topic briefly, we can not put the modules in the mirror caps because unlike the standard mirrors, the tow caps are not removable. Because of this we are currently looking at options to make replacement arms instead which seem like a solution that is going to be both functional and have a positive overall aesthetic. Want to get some feedback based on this initial mock up.
ORACLE_LED_Tow_Mirrors_Ram_1500.jpg
ORACLE_LED_Tow_Mirrors_Ram.jpg

Last edited:
Switching back to the tow mirror topic briefly, we can not put the modules in the mirror caps because unlike the standard mirrors, the tow caps are not removable. Because of this we are currently looking at options to make replacement arms instead which seem like a solution that is going to be both functional and have a positive overall aesthetic. Want to get some feedback based on this initial mock up.
View attachment 93990View attachment 93994
I LIKE THAT A LOT!!!!!

Looks like a viable solution to me for the tow mirrors. Will be a little more involved to install, but looks nice.

I'm digging what I see so far. And the side benefit of putting it on the arm (instead of the housing) is that it works the same, whether the mirror is flipped up or down.

YES! This looks MUCH cleaner! Would this just be for the tow mirrors or would it also be the design for the standard mirrors?

Can we get a look from the side of the mirror in? I'm interested in how far the light bar will stick out. Is the plan to have it pronounced like in the render or will they sit flush possibly? Beings as the arm will be swapped if I'm reading that right can it be made to fit inside the arm instead of having the rectangular bump sticking out? Also looks like there is room for 4 more lights is that possible? Really interested in these can't wait to see what you come up with.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back