Exhaust sound increase - No exhaust swap

Just a heads up, these clamps are commonly used, they are available at most parts suppliers to!

I clamped all 4 of mine the other day with the 3" clamps. I noticed a slight increase in sound up to about 3000 rpm. It's better, but still not nearly enough IMO. With hard acceleration, I don't notice any difference, the exhaust note is still lost just as before the clamps. I did notice on the highway yesterday that I did hit some resonance just under 2000 rpm cruising on the highway... didn't bother me much though. My Challenger R/T is way louder stock. I'm still on the hunt for a better solution.

Clarification. The shop said that only swapping a k&n filter got them 23-24 hp? And this was proven on a dyno? Without any other mods?

if so you should do it and do pulls before and after on dyno. Post results. I would be really surprised but stranger things have happened
I put a BWoody intake on my Trackhawk and there seemed to be some improvement but that may be in my head. I would love to Dyno it to see the actual results. The most noticeable thing is that with the stock baffle removed, the Supercharger is VERY loud to the point of annoying some people. I on the other hand love the sound.

I wouldn't do a CAI intake on the TRX as the the stock configuration is superior in my opinion with regards to water fording a dust collection.

It has been my experience that the engineers do things for a reason. I put clamps over all four vents about two weeks ago. All my driving had been around town up until yesterday evening. I finally had a chance to get out on the highway and cruise a bit. It was then that I noticed a bit of a drone In the cab. I will have to do some more testing and see if it is limited to a certain RPM range. Maybe take two clamps off, a front from one side and a rear from the other.

It has been my experience that the engineers do things for a reason. I put clamps over all four vents about two weeks ago. All my driving had been around town up until yesterday evening. I finally had a chance to get out on the highway and cruise a bit. It was then that I noticed a bit of a drone In the cab. I will have to do some more testing and see if it is limited to a certain RPM range. Maybe take two clamps off, a front from one side and a rear from the other.

I definitely noticed drone after clamping up the vents as well. Changing out my system for the AWE this weekend. I’ll see how it compares.

Dumb question -- don't these serve as the condensation low point drains as well? Wondering if it will accelerate rusting
No rust, the exhaust is 100% stainless steel.

Pretty sure the vents are tuned to specific sound waves, IE the sound waves that cause drone. Even the Borla cat back leaves the rear pipes to reduce highway drone. Smart little sound vents.!

No rust, the exhaust is 100% stainless steel.
You've never seen stainless steel rust? It's more resistant to rust - not rust-proof. Oxygen will always combine with iron - it's an electron valence thing. Certain alloys just help to inhibit the process, but nothing can completely prevent it - and it gets easier the hotter the steel becomes.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back