Z3R0IN

TRX Fan
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 TRX
Military
Navy-Vet
For the past few days I've started to notice a "Knock ,Knock" from under the hood as the engine turns off. No obvious loose parts that I can see. Wondering if maybe an engine mount is going or my blower is hitting the intake. Hoping nothing more serious. Just curious is anyone else is having this happen. Sear hasn't helped. most engine noise posts refer to the chirp.

Never heard of this but def doesnt sound good. How about posting an audio/vid clip for us to hear

For the past few days I've started to notice a "Knock ,Knock" from under the hood as the engine turns off. No obvious loose parts that I can see. Wondering if maybe an engine mount is going or my blower is hitting the intake. Hoping nothing more serious. Just curious is anyone else is having this happen. Sear hasn't helped. most engine noise posts refer to the chirp.
Nothing like that from my truck.

So I have at least narrowed it down to it not being the motor. I think it might be the throttle body cycling and making noise. In the video you can hear it as it shuts off. And then so and it’s in Acc you can hear it cycle again. Then makes the clacking noise when I turn it off again.

Attachments

• IMG_1366.mov
    84.6 MB
So I have at least narrowed it down to it not being the motor. I think it might be the throttle body cycling and making noise. In the video you can hear it as it shuts off. And then so and it’s in Acc you can hear it cycle again. Then makes the clacking noise when I turn it off again.
Hi there! We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Our team would be more than willing to assist in resolving this alongside your dealer. If you decide to schedule service, please send us a private message with your VIN and mileage for further support.

Chris,
Ram Cares

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back