Eibach Springs! (Finally)

Had the truck aligned today.
Firestone nearest to me wouldn't touch it due to the forward collision system, and while the the dealership did align it they had zero clue about suspension/ride height calibration on the TRX .
IMG_5046.jpg
I'm a bit hesitant to give ride impressions until I have the calibration done. I will say that while the ride is a bit stiffer over small imperfections it feels much better overall.

Does the truck sit nose high??
It sits fairly level. From a rear angle it looks like the front is lower, but from the front it's opposite.
According to my measurements(which seems to change every-time I measure) the front sits 1/4" lower when measuring at the fenders and bottom of the rails.
DSCF2240-2.jpg

I had my Eibach springs installed yesterday. $530 with the alignment. Purchased from BattleBorn Offroad on 7 OCT and they arrived via UPS on 9 OCT.

Overall I am VERY satisfied with the look and feel of the truck!

Now for the details...
I have about 50 miles on them just from my commute today. I have a few areas where any noticeable improvement in plowing or sensitivity to bumps would be noticed. A couple are fast downward right hand turns and others are even turns but with pretty good bumps in the turn. I also cross a bridge twice a day that has decent sized seems/grooves that you drive across.

I feel a noticeable improvement in stability in turns (reduced plowing) now that the nose is up a little. It feels like medium bumps like the seems mentioned earlier and bumps in turns are noticeably better. However, it does feel like there is a slight increase in sensitivity to very small bumps. I did not try different drive modes and I did not nor do I plan on doing a ride height calibration. I don't think it will matter.

For some numbers:
Stock spring is 16'' and the Eibach spring is 16.5 tall.
Free standing height from street to fender BEFORE the springs: 39'' in the front and 40.75'' in the rear.
Free standing height from street to fender AFTER the springs: 41'' in the front and 40.75'' in the rear.
So it is nose high buy a smidge but depending on the angle you don't see it. I'll check for any settling over the next few days.

tempImage7b2bZG.png
tempImageKudiCH.png
tempImageOYLzqR.png
tempImagenoyyo4.png
tempImagexjbx5A.png

tempImageMcBw11.png

I had my Eibach springs installed yesterday. $530 with the alignment. Purchased from BattleBorn Offroad on 7 OCT and they arrived via UPS on 9 OCT.

Overall I am VERY satisfied with the look and feel of the truck!

Now for the details...
I have about 50 miles on them just from my commute today. I have a few areas where any noticeable improvement in plowing or sensitivity to bumps would be noticed. A couple are fast downward right hand turns and others are even turns but with pretty good bumps in the turn. I also cross a bridge twice a day that has decent sized seems/grooves that you drive across.

I feel a noticeable improvement in stability in turns (reduced plowing) now that the nose is up a little. It feels like medium bumps like the seems mentioned earlier and bumps in turns are noticeably better. However, it does feel like there is a slight increase in sensitivity to very small bumps. I did not try different drive modes and I did not nor do I plan on doing a ride height calibration. I don't think it will matter.

For some numbers:
Stock spring is 16'' and the Eibach spring is 16.5 tall.
Free standing height from street to fender BEFORE the springs: 39'' in the front and 40.75'' in the rear.
Free standing height from street to fender AFTER the springs: 41'' in the front and 40.75'' in the rear.
So it is nose high buy a smidge but depending on the angle you don't see it. I'll check for any settling over the next few days.

View attachment 53424View attachment 53425View attachment 53428View attachment 53429View attachment 53430
View attachment 53433
Thanks for the detailed review! Do you plan on doing anything to the rear to level it out/or make it slightly higher than the front? For these trucks I actually like the rake and if you put anything in the bed it will squat even more (I still get surprised seeing the suspension move when my 6 year old gets in/out).

Thanks for the detailed review! Do you plan on doing anything to the rear to level it out/or make it slightly higher than the front? For these trucks I actually like the rake and if you put anything in the bed it will squat even more (I still get surprised seeing the suspension move when my 6 year old gets in/out).
Not sure yet. I may do the Eibach rears but I want to put some miles on these first. I think they will settle in a bit.

Somewhat disheartening to hear that sensitivity to small bumps has increased since that’s probably my only complaint with daily driving this truck. i run in a custom Baja suspension setting every day for that very reason.

Somewhat disheartening to hear that sensitivity to small bumps has increased since that’s probably my only complaint with daily driving this truck. i run in a custom Baja suspension setting every day for that very reason.
I'll update in a few days. This could be something I'm focusing on so I notice it but I'm really am satisfied with how the truck drives. Here in Commyfornia a lot of the freeways have grooves for drainage on the rare occasion that it rains. Some are terrible and some are smooth as glass. I'll take a hard look over the next few days since the TRX is my daily every other week.

I'll update in a few days. This could be something I'm focusing on so I notice it but I'm really am satisfied with how the truck drives. Here in Commyfornia a lot of the freeways have grooves for drainage on the rare occasion that it rains. Some are terrible and some are smooth as glass. I'll take a hard look over the next few days since the TRX is my daily every other week.
Yes plz keep us posted!

@Johnny@JustBoltOns - Ordered a set of rears from you, any news on when these are coming in? I'm about to drop a Go Fast Camper on and need a little boost.

Curious what you have your tire pressures set at

@Johnny@JustBoltOns - Ordered a set of rears from you, any news on when these are coming in? I'm about to drop a Go Fast Camper on and need a little boost.
NICE!! Will let you know soon, waiting on an update on them.

Looks so much better and sits level side to side now.

Attachments

• IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 149
I removed the foutz spacer and installed front only eibachs on friday. The ride is much better and seems pretty close to factory. Keep in mind I have had the foutz on since 500 miles so it has been awhile. I would say it sits pretty close to level and I am on 37's with no rubbing still.

Back