eBay Carbon Fiber/Leather Heated Steering Wheel

Did that already...no bueno. I at least felt the spring on the left side but it kept popping off. Going to try one more thing this weekend.
When u push it in, are you angling it as you push? I cant remember which way but Potter's adaptive cruise install video explained it well.

Going in with something smaller first just to get the lay of the land helped me. Once you know exactly where to push and at what angle you can go in with an assortment of random shit from the toolbox until something works. If the tool is too small you get no leverage, if it’s too big in diameter it won’t go at the correct angle to catch the spring.

I’ve probably said it before but this is just one of those projects that nobody can really explain how to do it. Just have to keep screwing around with it. Don’t give up. It’s possible!

Reactions: @JC
I forget which size exactly but a (6mm?) T handle allen tool worked the best for me.

Ordered my steering wheel today from the same seller as the OP on eBay. Got a message from them that it would be shipping out tomorrow!

I will add that I use a 4mm t-handle allen and the spring is about 1 inch in. Once you are on the spring pull the wrench toward the steering wheel while pushing in. Also make sure to be pulling up on the airbag while pushing because it will not pop out on it’s own.

Thanks for all the tips, I will try again this weekend after I get back from MI

Got mine installed took me like 45min. I had no issues removing the airbag. Used a regular Allen wrench. Look and finish on the wheel is very nice. Highly recommend!
IMG_0341.jpeg

Got mine installed took me like 45min. I had no issues removing the airbag. Used a regular Allen wrench. Look and finish on the wheel is very nice. Highly recommend!
View attachment 128022
Curious to hear from you in a few months. Mine was matte as well but the "finish" seems to have worn off and now its glossy.

Thanks for all the tips, I will try again this weekend after I get back from MI
Ok so I lied, didn't get a chance until today. Found an old set of allens with flat ends not the ball ends and 4mm worked instantly driver side. Took about another 15 minutes and got the passenger side. Got the ACC switch installed and programmed....works great. Thx everyone.

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back