E85

Kudos to you for doing tune, injectors, pulley, etc right away on the 2024!
NOT quite lol, No I just went e85 tune on stock, I'm sorry.. I didn't realize y'all were talking full kit-up! No with my e tune I get 70-80 religiously!

NOT quite lol, No I just went e85 tune on stock, I'm sorry.. I didn't realize y'all were talking full kit-up! No with my e tune I get 70-80 religiously!
If you are using a proflex commander or similar module on the TRX without an actual tune then there is no gain in horsepower. It’s been debunked on here several times.

Those modules do not change the timing map at all which is how you gain hp on e85. The proflex and similar products just adjust fuel injector duty cycle. E85 actually has lower energy density than pump gas so without changing the timing map you will lose horsepower in optimal conditions. The only situation where those modules give the illusion of power gain is when the conditions are sub-optimal (such as high temp day) and the stock map is pulling timing because of STKR but on e85 you won’t get any knock so the stock timing map is maintained.

Run an actual e85 tune with a lot more timing advance and it will be night/day from that commander.

Lastly, running e85 in the fuel tank, if caught via an ethanol test or review of the PCM data showing fuel trims against the onboard wide and sensor voids warranty.

Last edited:
If you are using a proflex commander or similar module on the TRX without an actual tune then there is no gain in horsepower. It’s been debunked on here several times.

Those modules do not change the timing map at all which is how you gain hp on e85. The proflex and similar products just adjust fuel injector duty cycle. E85 actually has lower energy density than pump gas so without changing the timing map you will lose horsepower in optimal conditions. The only situation where those modules give the illusion of power gain is when the conditions are sub-optimal (such as high temp day) and the stock map is pulling timing because of STKR but on e85 you won’t get any knock so the stock timing map is maintained.

Run an actual e85 tune with a lot more timing advance and it will be night/day from that commander.

Lastly, running e85 in the fuel tank, if caught via an ethanol test or review of the PCM data showing fuel trims against the onboard wide and sensor voids warranty.
Yeah I'm running the Pro Flex Commander, they run on their dyno and guarantee 7-10% gains in HP, they literally show it in the video, and my on-screen dyno has shown anywhere from 60-80HP gains... I'm in Odessa, TX. It is usually a lot hotter here but we're having a cold winter, see I'm not seeing a gain past the 702 crank, but I am seeing significant gains to the wheels.. so I've been pleased with it.. I'd hate to find out my $900 was ill spent lol, but I'm just starting out with this thing! And am NO PROFESSIONAL under the hood... So ALL advice is greatly appreciated/accepted!!!

Yeah I'm running the Pro Flex Commander, they run on their dyno and guarantee 7-10% gains in HP, they literally show it in the video, and my on-screen dyno has shown anywhere from 60-80HP gains... I'm in Odessa, TX. It is usually a lot hotter here but we're having a cold winter, see I'm not seeing a gain past the 702 crank, but I am seeing significant gains to the wheels.. so I've been pleased with it.. I'd hate to find out my $900 was ill spent lol, but I'm just starting out with this thing! And am NO PROFESSIONAL under the hood... So ALL advice is greatly appreciated/accepted!!!
Run a hot car on the dyno with timing being pulled on pump gas via the STKR tables, then run again with e85 and there won’t be any knock so no timing gets pulled. That’s how they claim hp is gained (it’s not gained, it’s maintained in less than ideal environments). Everyone on here can post claims from thousands of vendors stating their products make hp but they don’t. There is no recourse to fight against their claim. Proflex prays on people that aren’t familiar with tuning.

Doing this means that the truck will never achieve higher hp than stock. For sake of simple numbers, your truck will never make more than 702 hp with the proflex commander. With an actual e85 tune on an otherwise stock TRX you will make closer to 770-790hp via the increase in timing.

It’s a simple physics and thermodynamics problem to assess. The pro flex commander only adjusts fuel trims to account for the alcohol percentage (no timing or boost). E85 has a lower energy density (as well as burn rate and temperature) than pump gas. With only the adjustments for fuel trim and no other changes hp is lost. Tuners (myself included as I run e85) run e85 because of its higher relative octane which allows us to run higher boost and more timing. Higher boost and more timing do make more hp and this offsets the loss in energy density.

The built in performance measurements on the truck are garbage. You can search the forum and see all the posts that indicate they aren’t much more accurate than a guess.

Run a hot car on the dyno with timing being pulled on pump gas via the STKR tables, then run again with e85 and there won’t be any knock so no timing gets pulled. That’s how they claim hp is gained (it’s not gained, it’s maintained in less than ideal environments). Everyone on here can post claims from thousands of vendors stating their products make hp but they don’t. There is no recourse to fight against their claim. Proflex prays on people that aren’t familiar with tuning.

Doing this means that the truck will never achieve higher hp than stock. For sake of simple numbers, your truck will never make more than 702 hp with the proflex commander. With an actual e85 tune on an otherwise stock TRX you will make closer to 770-790hp via the increase in timing.

It’s a simple physics and thermodynamics problem to assess. The pro flex commander only adjusts fuel trims to account for the alcohol percentage (no timing or boost). E85 has a lower energy density (as well as burn rate and temperature) than pump gas. With only the adjustments for fuel trim and no other changes hp is lost. Tuners (myself included as I run e85) run e85 because of its higher relative octane which allows us to run higher boost and more timing. Higher boost and more timing do make more hp and this offsets the loss in energy density.

The built in performance measurements on the truck are garbage. You can search the forum and see all the posts that indicate they aren’t much more accurate than a guess.
Would you fault me entirely for having lied that I saw increased metrics on the built in dyno?! 😞 It was a lie created by SHAME for having fallen into a trap 🪤 by a shady company...
Can you ever forgive me? 🙏
P.S. I want my TRX to basically be the RedEye TRX Stellantis never made.. so basically if I can get my numbers on the flight side of 800, that's all I'm wanting for now! Not 1000HP or anything, all though if I could get there safely, (without paying Hennessy $34000), with no major risk to the truck's longevity I would, and the Twin Turbo option terrifies me because I've talked to Ripatune & Hellion and neither one of them can give any sort of real guarantees on safety outside of saying; "you should be fine with stock components if you stay under 1000hp!" That's not enough for me lol... I accept a degree of risk but I just want a tad more than a "should be" for my risk/reward meter to balance out ya know?
As I said before I will take any and ALL advice! Hell I'd pay someone if I could just get the parts ordered and installed by someone who actually knows the truck well! Thank you for all the advice.

Would you fault me entirely for having lied that I saw increased metrics on the built in dyno?! 😞 It was a lie created by SHAME for having fallen into a trap 🪤 by a shady company...
Can you ever forgive me? 🙏
P.S. I want my TRX to basically be the RedEye TRX Stellantis never made.. so basically if I can get my numbers on the flight side of 800, that's all I'm wanting for now! Not 1000HP or anything, all though if I could get there safely, (without paying Hennessy $34000), with no major risk to the truck's longevity I would, and the Twin Turbo option terrifies me because I've talked to Ripatune & Hellion and neither one of them can give any sort of real guarantees on safety outside of saying; "you should be fine with stock components if you stay under 1000hp!" That's not enough for me lol... I accept a degree of risk but I just want a tad more than a "should be" for my risk/reward meter to balance out ya know?
As I said before I will take any and ALL advice! Hell I'd pay someone if I could just get the parts ordered and installed by someone who actually knows the truck well! Thank you for all the advice.
There’s always risk inherent with modding and we have seen our fair share of stock motor problems on the TRX as well. If you aren’t willing to chance having to fork out the cost for a new motor then I would pull the proflex commander off, go back to running pump gas and try to keep the warranty intact. After long enough of driving without it the long term fuel trims should reset and I’m not sure if it will be obvious in the PCM data.

If you are willing to take the risk (albeit relatively small IMO) to mod then e85 is a wise way to go assuming it is available to you. Keeps cylinder temps down and reduces chances of detonation on the non-forged rotating assembly. Lots of folks on here, including myself for awhile, run the Dusterhoff 937 flex package. Inexpensive package that will pick up about 150awhp on e85 and about 100whp on pump gas. It’s a flex tune so you can run any blend of ethanol.

Back