Cracked frame

Lethal5811

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
2012 Ford F-150 Raptor
Military
USMC
Just wondering if anyone on here has had the same thing happen. I ordered my level 2 TRX 09/11/21. Build date was 01/16/22 and it hit final inspection shortly after. Didn’t hear anything for a month now I’m being told they found the build had a cracked frame so the truck was scrapped and I’m back to D status. Said my build would be listed as a priority. Just curious if anyone has ideas on how long it would be to get my build. Another 3/4 months or quicker?

According to FaceMetaWorldPiece, the factory ran out of their own allocations, so your build had to be re-issued as a MY23 Big Horn with the TT-I6 EcoDouche engine. Expect delivery by next summer, IF Elon makes good on his pledge of carbon credits.

(I'm sorry - I really have no insight into your particular situation... just taking the opportunity to satirize on some of the previous on-going threads here.)

Of course he has a Cracked Brain...... why else would Biden act so erratic and incoherent......
OH, you said Cracked Frame......never mind !

My BS aside.......they likely found a cracked weld.

Of course he has a Cracked Brain...... why else would Biden act so erratic and incoherent......
OH, you said Cracked Frame......never mind !

My BS aside.......they likely found a cracked weld.
That’s what I was thinking as well on the weld. Use to be in welding for Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky. Not often but every now and again a cracked weld from the automation side would be found

Yeah I think I had something similar happen to mine. Went D1 finally on 3 Jan, Went to Paint 10 Jan and then stayed in that status for about a month, then went back to D status. After getting dealer looking they issued a new VIN and new VON. Case worker said it was a "Clerical Issue", but dealer was able to find out there was an issue on the Framing/paint line that screwed up a batch of trucks so bad they couldn't fix them. Luckily it did seem like they prioritized them and after going D1 again last week I'm not in Trim and hopefully getting a BS here soon.

Similar situation for me as well. I never heard why mine was destroyed and a new one was built.

Yeah I think I had something similar happen to mine. Went D1 finally on 3 Jan, Went to Paint 10 Jan and then stayed in that status for about a month, then went back to D status. After getting dealer looking they issued a new VIN and new VON. Case worker said it was a "Clerical Issue", but dealer was able to find out there was an issue on the Framing/paint line that screwed up a batch of trucks so bad they couldn't fix them. Luckily it did seem like they prioritized them and after going D1 again last week I'm not in Trim and hopefully getting a BS here soon.
Good deal. Congrats on that end. Makes me wonder if something was just jacked up manufacturing wise during those dates. Your dates are pretty close to mine(was about a week behind you). Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I got a new VIN and VON as well the day of this post

Similar situation for me as well. I never heard why mine was destroyed and a new one was built.
Yeah that sucks not hearing. I know it took some digging on my dealers end to find out why my build was not BS yet.

I think they should give the group at least one of those trucks with some factory support to turn it into a Best in the Desert or SCORE race truck!!!! I'd volunteer time to that project. All joking aside, I hope all of the people this affected get bumped to the front of the line even though that would push our truck back further.

@cayenne where is yours at in the process now. Hope they got yours going fast forward also.
Mine was back in the fall. You can search see my thread if you look in my profile. The factory rep was never told the exact story from what I heard. Fast tracking is likely only something they tell you to make you feel better. We were having calls about mine with customer service and it didn't get magically faster.

Back