AWE vs Borla Exhaust Review. Answers, not questions.

I went with AWE since I was going to add headers eventually. It wasn't all that loud with just AWE, but with the headers its really rowdy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DMR
Interesting. So AWE vs Borla is that much different? Those are the 2 systems the shop I am using recommended but after reading some reviews it sounds like AWE isn’t loud at all when driving.
Personal preference. I want loud but refined with good notes. I don’t want loud and raspy, just not my thing.
 
Bear with me on this question. I went online and found one way to “quiet down”your start up is a pool noodle with a towel gently in the exhaust tips just for a few seconds then remove. Anyone EVER try that? Please be gentle with the responses lol
 
The AWE is less rowdy than the Borla, so depends what you're after. Corsa is another option in that mix thats popular with us.

We got them all in stock.

-Josh
I like rowdy, just the cold start at 4:30 am is my issue and concern.
 
I like rowdy, just the cold start at 4:30 am is my issue and concern.
I leave my house around 445 most mornings for the gym, no one in my family has woken up and none of my neighbors have complained, yet.

The cold start “bark” is the issue. I find the more raspy sounding exhaust will have a more brutal cold start, but this is a generality not the rule.

Maybe a valves exhaust is good option for you?
 
The GTHAUS system is what I would have bought if I had an issue with my neighbors. Those valves make a big difference.
That is my thoughts but I can barely find any samples of the sounds of the GT Haus as happy to get it but worried since no clue really from the few videos how it actually sounds.
 
I’d respectfully disagree, Borla was one of the worst sounding exhausts next to the muffler delete on the TRX platform. It’s just, loud. Loud is good when there’s refinement. My current truck has the AWE and it’s hands down better, to my ears. Some people like loud for being loud, I prefer refinement over loud. The AWE, to me, gives me a loud exhaust that also is pleasant to listen to. The Borla I installed lasted 2-3 weeks before I went back to stock.
Couldn't disagree more but I'm glad you like your AWE! We probably don't have the same taste in music either. For example, I like good music.
Interesting. So AWE vs Borla is that much different? Those are the 2 systems the shop I am using recommended but after reading some reviews it sounds like AWE isn’t loud at all when driving.
Night and day. AWE is super quiet on the road. Really have to lay into the peddle to make some noise. If you have a pulse, I would go with Borla. I still own both TRX, and have put a lot of miles on both systems...
 
Couldn't disagree more but I'm glad you like your AWE! We probably don't have the same taste in music either. For example, I like good music.

Night and day. AWE is super quiet on the road. Really have to lay into the peddle to make some noise. If you have a pulse, I would go with Borla. I still own both TRX, and have put a lot of miles on both systems...
Love the music comment hahaha you add a lot of comedy to a sometimes dry pissing match here hahaha And if you listen to anything like metal or modern rock or edm, you’re probably right on same taste of music but outside of that, I’m usually open minded… but must be played through a quality speaker system, loud isn’t enough for me
 
  • Like
Reactions: RTG

TRX Forum Favs 👍

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top