Anyone make an aftermarket diff cover yet?

You mean front & transfer case? Those are the juices I bought for those.
Sorry I fixed my pics. The front and rear take different weights per FCA. Yeah I inadvertently had T-case fluid in the first shots I sent.
 
Sorry I fixed my pics. The front and rear take different weights per FCA. Yeah I inadvertently had T-case fluid in the first shots I sent.
Thank you very much, looks like I have all the right stuff then.
 
I'm not concerned with the difference in mileage between 75W-85 and 75W-90 in the front. They both got the same, regardless of what Stellantis thinks about it.
Since I am ordering it anyway might as well get the weight specified. Doubt it makes much difference though when you get down to it.
 
Not too many options in the 75w85. Just Redline and the OEMs from what I’ve seen. It’s all priced around the same so I don’t mind using what they want. Besides, gear oil is gear oil. If you even change it at all, you’re ahead of most people.
 
Besides, gear oil is gear oil.
I don't think it's quite that simple.

There's some cheap stuff out there that I wouldn't even put in BusaDave's diffs, and there's some that not only meet the minimum standards, but exceeds them by a good margin.
Not surprisingly, they tend to be priced accordingly.

That's not saying that using the cheap stuff will make the gears melt in a matter of weeks, but for longevity and quiet running gears, I prefer to spend a bit extra. While setting up new gears isn't rocket science, it's not all that fun either.

And as you pointed out, at least we change the fluid. Those who can't be bothered with it really need to use the best possible fluid.
 
I don't think it's quite that simple.

There's some cheap stuff out there that I wouldn't even put in BusaDave's diffs, and there's some that not only meet the minimum standards, but exceeds them by a good margin.
Not surprisingly, they tend to be priced accordingly.

That's not saying that using the cheap stuff will make the gears melt in a matter of weeks, but for longevity and quiet running gears, I prefer to spend a bit extra. While setting up new gears isn't rocket science, it's not all that fun either.

And as you pointed out, at least we change the fluid. Those who can't be bothered with it really need to use the best possible fluid.
As long as it is slicker than spit!
 
  • Funny
Reactions: Two
I guess I should say synthetic GL-5 gear oil is synthetic GL-5 gear oil. Given the choice between the two I referenced (Mopar and Redline) I doubt there would be any difference long term. Same for using 75w90 instead. Shouldn’t make any difference.

Any good oil meeting specs should allow the differentials to last the life of the vehicle provided proper maintenance. I don’t get into the whole oil brand supremacy crap.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Two
Has anyone installed this diff cover?

 
Has anyone installed this diff cover?

Maybe this one is better…


Doesn’t have a flat wall.
 
That one would be my preference, being shaped more like a regular cover.

But what makes it worth $600 over a stock cover? Or even $100?
Sent them a message just waiting to hear back. Best case I’ll hold off and sell the afe. Only reason I purchased it was because someone on eBay was selling it dirt cheap.
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com Forced Induction Interchillers RealTruck.com Ourisman Cars M&R Automotive
Back
Top