Another Xpel Stealth Thread

Notachevy

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
Chevy
I'd like to hear from those who've had their full Stealth wrap for some time now, especially on Granite, the fastest color - @Caliche, @TReX-RAM, @Raven, @jdroot12, @MPM IV, @10mpg

Any regrets? Wishing you'd gone the gloss route or nothing at all? How's it working out for you?

I love the matte, muted look esp on Granite, but dang that's a beautiful color on it's own too!

I have no regrets. I love the way it looks and get a lot of compliments. I haven’t had the truck off road or put a ton of miles on it, so not really testing it’s durability.
The truck looked great without it, but I really think it’s a tougher, more unique look.

The Xpel stealth looks best on the granite IMHO. Makes it look like stealth fighter’s finish. Maybe that’s where the name came from :)

I'd like to hear from those who've had their full Stealth wrap for some time now, especially on Granite, the fastest color - @Caliche, @TReX-RAM, @Raven, @jdroot12, @MPM IV, @10mpg

Any regrets? Wishing you'd gone the gloss route or nothing at all? How's it working out for you?

I love the matte, muted look esp on Granite, but dang that's a beautiful color on it's own too!
1647398796086.png

I have already replaced some of my ppf (about $1500+) because of off-road strikes and large dents needed repaired. I have another visit for more repair work after this last Baja run. I picked up a few hundred yards of barbed wire that wrapped around my axle and left some ppf damage to my left rear fender. The paint was saved and the ppf did its job and added protection. It will be another $1500+ :(. I have some pinstripes running down the drivers side front to rear as well.
I love the stealth look and get a tons of folks commenting on it all of the time. I ran my truck without ppf for the first two months, I do not have any regrets with the stealth look over factory paint. And stealth looks the best on Granite, it is a widely known and accepted fact. :)

I pussed out today and went clear full frontal and rockers + xr plus tint and full ceramic. I love stealth but the sticker shock was just too much.

I'm happy to update you in a couple months, OP, with tales of regret and envy if you're still on the fence at that time. 👍

I have already replaced some of my ppf (about $1500+) because of off-road strikes and large dents needed repaired. I have another visit for more repair work after this last Baja run. I picked up a few hundred yards of barbed wire that wrapped around my axle and left some ppf damage to my left rear fender. The paint was saved and the ppf did its job and added protection. It will be another $1500+ :(. I have some pinstripes running down the drivers side front to rear as well.
I love the stealth look and get a tons of folks commenting on it all of the time. I ran my truck without ppf for the first two months, I do not have any regrets with the stealth look over factory paint. And stealth looks the best on Granite, it is a widely known and accepted fact. :)
"...a few hundred yards of barbed wire that wrapped around my axle..." That's frikin awesome! Sounds like a George Thorogood song. Sorry about the damage tho:oops:. No paint correction needed when the replacement was done?

I pussed out today and went clear full frontal and rockers + xr plus tint and full ceramic. I love stealth but the sticker shock was just too much.

I'm happy to update you in a couple months, OP, with tales of regret and envy if you're still on the fence at that time. 👍
Oh yeaaah. In a couple months I'll probably still be sitting on the fence... waiting for a f'ing truck!! I'm just 4 1/2 months into this game. I imagine clear would look better if you're only doing front and rockers. I would definitely do clear in that case. Did you do the XR plus all around or just the front windows? I want to match the front windows to the back but I cant go lower than 32% in NC.

Oh yeaaah. In a couple months I'll probably still be sitting on the fence... waiting for a f'ing truck!! I'm just 4 1/2 months into this game. I imagine clear would look better if you're only doing front and rockers. I would definitely do clear in that case. Did you do the XR plus all around or just the front windows? I want to match the front windows to the back but I cant go lower than 32% in NC.
I feel your pain my man. I was 6 months almost to the day when I got the truck. Mine had an in-transit repair, so the 71 days from window sticker to dealer was brutal. You'll get her soon enough, even though it doesn't feel that way now I bet.

Yep XR plus all around including windshield. I opted to keep it uniform so it's not "limo" in the back but it's something like 20% all around. AZ cops are pretty cool about tint due to our hellish summers. 👍

"...a few hundred yards of barbed wire that wrapped around my axle..." That's frikin awesome! Sounds like a George Thorogood song. Sorry about the damage tho:oops:. No paint correction needed when the replacement was done?
I haven’t taken it in yet for the latest addition of “what did you do to your PPF now!” From the installer. But I am sure paint corrections will be needed. And a couple more dents removed . The wire wrapped around my left rear ABS sensor and brake line (aluminum tube). Broke the sensor and squeezed the tube a little. My dash lit up like a Xmas tree. I was able to throw a bandaid on it. Which reminds me I need to make a visit to the dealer for a real fix 🤣.

Other than a few tiny spots where the ppf took some hits from rocks it still looks like new after 8 months of fairly rough use. I'd rather have the small dings in the wrap than in the paint. As others have said, stealth on granite looks bad ass and I constantly get comments on it. The other plus is that the ppf with ceramic coating makes washing the truck a breeze.

the TRX is the 3rd gray vehicle I've had stealth wrapped. i'm a creature of habit, and i think it's the most aggressive looking combination for pretty much any vehicle

i've had it on since august of 21, no issues, no dings, no scratches. i had it ceramic coated as well, would 100% recommend that. helps with the bird shit if you park outside. the only minor thing that i knew was a factor when it was done, was that since we did not do any cut outs for the area around the door handles there is a tiny bit of bubbling that occurs. you can literally push it in with your fingers and it goes away but it comes back eventually. but its so small you cant see it unless you are right on top of the vehicle.

Would you guys recommend mud flaps even with PPF? been on the border with flaps since i'm going with ppf but I hear this beast kicks up rocks like no other.

Would you guys recommend mud flaps even with PPF? been on the border with flaps since i'm going with ppf but I hear this beast kicks up rocks like no other.
Mud flaps are a must for me. Even with them the ppf is still taking a beating while off-roading.

the TRX is the 3rd gray vehicle I've had stealth wrapped. i'm a creature of habit, and i think it's the most aggressive looking combination for pretty much any vehicle

i've had it on since august of 21, no issues, no dings, no scratches. i had it ceramic coated as well, would 100% recommend that. helps with the bird shit if you park outside. the only minor thing that i knew was a factor when it was done, was that since we did not do any cut outs for the area around the door handles there is a tiny bit of bubbling that occurs. you can literally push it in with your fingers and it goes away but it comes back eventually. but its so small you cant see it unless you are right on top of the vehicle.
Thanks! I'll be sure and discuss options for the door handle area with my installer

Definitely. I will be adding mud flaps likely. I took out the truck and rocks still gave the PPF a beating

I didnt do full PPF, but I can tell you the flaps already have made a difference.. while I didnt love the look, it actually wasn't that bad. I went with he weather tech

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back