2025 TRX reveal

Sort of, but if this thing is a TRX body/vents/scoops/dot lights with an inline 6, not really. Huge disappointment to me anyway. Again it’s like putting a turbo 4 cylinder into a GT500. They should rework the sheet metal to set it apart but it’s too late for that.
The RHO pilots we did look exactly like its predecessor TRX except under the hood. The hood is still functional in the center but funnels air off to the side of the air cleaner. Oh and the sound. Lol

The RHO pilots we did look exactly like its predecessor TRX except under the hood. The hood is still functional in the center but funnels air off to the side of the air cleaner. Oh and the sound. Lol
They might need to pump some engine noise into the speakers like BMW 😉

I dont understand why anyone would buy anything but the up and coming Ramcharger 1500. You get ~700mi range, 14k towing capability, covers 99% of daily driving on pure EV, 0-60 thats TRX land and you never have to worry about charging it if you dont want to. The only thing that is missing is a V8 but theres something to be said when you can accelerate the same, tow 2x more and have 2.5x the range.
There’s your answer in bold.

99% of us with TRX’s don’t care about paying for the amount of gas that these trucks consume. I actually try to get my MPG as low as possible, which is the complete opposite of what 99% of the motoring public does.
I wouldn’t consider the RAM Charger as a TRX replacement if it was a 1/4 of the price of my TRX and beat it in performance.

Anyone who cares about gas mileage buying a full size pick up needs their head examined 🤷‍♀️
I don’t think that’s fair. What about base model work trucks? The guys who are buying them aren’t exactly swimming in cash, yet need the full capacity of those trucks. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind a few extra MPG’s.

They might need to pump some engine noise into the speakers like BMW 😉

I may be wrong. Doesn't the raptor have sounds piped to the outside? Either way, I was getting gas in our Durango SRT. And a raptor drove by. It sounded like azz. Like a lawn mower trying to suck air out of a vacuum. WITAF

People pay for that 😂 😂 😂. No thanks RAM. I'll enjoy the 392 Durango and my TRX Sound of Freedom!

I don’t think that’s fair. What about base model work trucks? The guys who are buying them aren’t exactly swimming in cash, yet need the full capacity of those trucks. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind a few extra MPG’s.
Point is kinda moot, if they're buying base model work trucks they aren't going to be looking at a $100k Ramcharger.

There’s your answer in bold.

99% of us with TRX’s don’t care about paying for the amount of gas that these trucks consume. I actually try to get my MPG as low as possible, which is the complete opposite of what 99% of the motoring public does.
I wouldn’t consider the RAM Charger as a TRX replacement if it was a 1/4 of the price of my TRX and beat it in performance.
The Ramchargdr is a ram electric with an onboard generator being the pentastsr v6 that just powers the battery not the speed or anything else.

What is the curb weight of this neutered truck?

This is exactly what everyone gen 1 raptor owner said about the gen 2...... Other than the HP difference this is the exact same move. Judging by how the Gen 2 sold, I wouldn't exactly say it was a flop.
Again THIS IS NOT A GEN 2 TRX, If Ram kept the TRX nameplate then yes a stupid move, but they are closing it out and creating something new.
The problem is that Ram came out with an absolute Monster in the TRX!! They reset the factory supertruck market! Changed it forever! Tons of offroad capabilities with mind boggling street performance! It was the Apex Predator on the road! Now they neutered it and are going backwards. Fords Gen 1 was vastly improved in Gen 2. Even with the ecoboost it was way more powerful and much better offroad. They IMPROVED their next gen! Not dismantled it! Im hope the RHO is an absolute flop!!

I agree. It’ll be a real bummer if it looks better and has better suspension performance. Or if the CV axles don’t leak 😂
It still won't perform or sound better.

The problem is that Ram came out with an absolute Monster in the TRX!! They reset the factory supertruck market! Changed it forever! Tons of offroad capabilities with mind boggling street performance! It was the Apex Predator on the road! Now they neutered it and are going backwards. Fords Gen 1 was vastly improved in Gen 2. Even with the ecoboost it was way more powerful and much better offroad. They IMPROVED their next gen! Not dismantled it! Im hope the RHO is an absolute flop!!
We still don’t know what they improved or missed with the RHO. Many Gen 1 Raptor owners refused to go to a Gen 2 solely based on engine alone. They didn’t care about the numerous upgrades.
I agree ram went crazy and did something amazing with the trx, let’s relish in the feat they accomplished, be happy it happened and not demolish a completely different truck just because it’s not the same 🤣😂
TRX 21-24
RHO 25+

Now if Ram comes out and says this is a second gen trx… by all means bring out pitchforks.

That hellcat won’t make any noise or move if it’s in the service department
The hellcat is tried and true. Yes it has its known issues but from a maintenance perspective my money is on a tested v8 6.2 supercharged and not a new 3.0 6 cylinders with turbos, especially powering a 6k pound awd truck. I know I have read a few articles that the new hurricane engine has issues in the wagoneers, which is the same engine as the new rho but the rho tune is upped. Regardless, I have driven both ford and tundra 6 cylinder turbos and they’re wimpy compared to the TRX.

What in gods name is sus about being hopeful they fix the cv axle problem on the new platform?
The name change is definitely sus. Did "rob" ever exist ?
200w (13).gif

The point of this truck could be to undercut the regular V6 Raptor owners or future owners. Not a bad move if its 10-20k cheaper.
It 10000% will not be. I’ll bet you this things gonna cost what a real TRX did a year ago $85-95k

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back