04Ram2500Hemi

TRX Maniac
Founding Member
TRX of the Month 🏆
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2021 Ram TRX
Ford did some interesting things with the updated Raptor. Rumor has it when they release power numbers on the R it will be more than the TRX.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45101488/2024-ford-f-150-raptor-revealed/

IMG_0129.jpeg
IMG_0130.jpeg
IMG_0131.jpeg

I thought Ford had planned to only produce something like 3,000 Rs?
I wonder how many had hit the streets and how many left will be produced in 2024.
Wise move by FORD possibly will steal back customers from RAM who couldn't get a new TRX past end of '23.

Really a shame that Ram has thrown in the towel on the TRX vs Raptor R battle. Not a fan of that new Raptor front end, at least judging from the pictures.

Really a shame that Ram has thrown in the towel on the TRX vs Raptor R battle. Not a fan of that new Raptor front end, at least judging from the pictures.
I used to like the Raptor but learned to dislike it not for being a RAM fanboy but I just can't stand Ford and their dealerships from own experience.
Somehow I can't appreciate the Raptor and I really try at times. It's old talk but that V6 sounds fucking awful to my ears. I would go electric before getting a V6.
I guess I don't like the R look because it reminds me of the V6!

I used to like the Raptor but learned to dislike it not for being a RAM fanboy but I just can't stand Ford and their dealerships from own experience.
Somehow I can't appreciate the Raptor and I really try at times. It's old talk but that V6 sounds fucking awful to my ears. I would go electric before getting a V6.
I guess I don't like the R look because it reminds me of the V6!
The main reason I sold my Gen 2 Raptor was the embarrassing V6 sound coming out of a big truck like the Raptor. Love my TRX. Honestly I still like Raptors but not as much as my TRX. I was surprised that Ford didn't make the R more visually distinguishable from the standard Raptor.

Pretty smart move here. They have to subsidize their garbage ev cars that lose them a lot of money. I’m very interest in a truck like this when I start looking for a new one. I won’t buy a v6 trx or any kind of electrified version. They’re gonna give the 2024 R 705 hp and be the top dog again.

Absolutely a smart play. Ford will change nothing, call it 710HP and win. RAM let the clock run out without taking a shot. Pretty sad there was never a red-eye, what an easy win that would have been. Instead they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's easy to armchair quarterback but this was a race Ram should have won, but instead stopped running altogether.

Last edited:
Ford and others played well putting out electric garbage like the EV F150 to free up emission footprint and stay with ICEs longer.
Ram/Dodge playing the "die hard for the fans" waited till the bell to transition with no more ICE options and here we are.

Ford will have all cards to brag now(I'm sure they will). Wonder though after RAM poked so much fun how will Ford make fun at the TRX with that shitty Hurricane when Rs will have 700hp+

Absolutely a smart play. Ford will change nothing, call it 710HP and win. RAM let the clock run out without taking a shot. Pretty sad there was never a red-eye, what an easy win that would have been. Instead they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's easy to armchair quarterback but this was a race Ram should have won, but instead stopped running altogether.
Just go to Injected Engineering once the warranty is up and get their pump gas kit.

Reactions: RTG
Would be great timing for a TRX power Broker option. Still hard to believe there will not be a TRX Jail Brake, Red-Eye, TRXtreme...

The main reason I sold my Gen 2 Raptor was the embarrassing V6 sound coming out of a big truck like the Raptor. Love my TRX. Honestly I still like Raptors but not as much as my TRX. I was surprised that Ford didn't make the R more visually distinguishable from the standard Raptor.
Having a 2012 Raptor for 10 years, which has always been my threshold, it’s was time to trade up. Because Ford only had a V6 engine they lost me to the Ram TRX WHICH IM ETERNALLY GRATEFUL TO FORD for pushing me off the Ford cliff.

The TRX is by far the most complete truck I’ve ever owned, a true ground up symbiotic engineering comparable to Ferrari and other super cars, this is why I think any changes to the TRX suspension and drivetrain is a huge mistake. Maybe adding some hp modifications is cool but everything else is like it is for a reason.

Now it’s time to trash the Raptor R which is nothing more than a lick and stick highly accessorized Raptor kind of what these kids are doing to their Subaru‘s turning them into a poor man’s rice rocket. I’m not taking anything away from these kids turning their cars into amazing 9k rpm handling machine, it’s still a Subaru.

So….. it took me a long to say, if you want the real thing, buy the real thing!

I really couldn't care less. I wouldn't buy a Raptor R if it had 1000hp at the same price as our TRX. Ford Sucks. A marginally more powerful Raptor isn't going to change my mind.

Always said ... it should have been a HALO vehicle. More aggressive flares, bed cage/longer shocks, ability to run 39's, etc. I do like the modular bumper.

Hopefully we will regain control of this government in 24 with REAL Republicans who actually Represent the people, and if sensible leadership returns (I can hope!) RAM should come out with the “Return from Extinction TRX- 800hp 800tq”
Slogan:
America has WokeUP…So have we…Introducing: The in your face, up yours, Grennies, TRX Anti-Communist Edition, with extended range 40 gallon fuel tank. For those times you want to burn just a few more fossils…🤣🇺🇲

I'd consider trying a R for MSRP, but 140-150k+, F-that. In the meantime, my '23 TRX has been absolutely perfect in 8k miles so far. I love it.
If we thought ADMs were high with the R while TRXs were still being pumped out immagine now with potentially more power absolutely no competition and the official title of sole supertruck on the market... prices will be comical to watch.
The "new R"will come out making original Rs feel outdated, almost like if RAM threw any performance improvements on "last call" TRXs. People would pay tons and flock for that.

The typical R $170k buyer doesn't care to pay much more if needed for a collectable and so far R owners are mainly celebrities, dealership owners or preferred customers. Very few early buyers got it for MSRP.

I have a client who has a large fleet of trucks from a Ford dealer, was offered their only R allocation for $165k.
He took it and for others without Ford priviledges... not happening

Back