2023 TRX Larger screen in dash!

tripleB

TRX Guru
Founding Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
21' TRX 🦖
I was debating continuing my daily updates past the end of the 2022 model but at this point it seems silly to quit if this will be the last of the Hellcat TRX anyway, so I started preparing all my procedures/database etc for the upcoming year model changes across all the plants I am tracking. I did some initial searching this weekend and found a couple hundred 2023 pilot vehicles so far. 6 of those are TRX's

After comparing every single line of the 2023 trucks there is only 1 new item that appears. They have changed from a 7" to a 12" center cluster screen. My first thought was they did away with the analog gauges and it's just a single large screen, but they still show to have the 120MPH speedo as well. Very interested to see some images of one!

[mod edit]
Photos of the gauge cluster can be seen here: https://www.ram-trx.com/threads/2023-trx-larger-screen-in-dash.9518/post-211651

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice if they go to a digital dash like my Audi had. Fully configurable - big gauges, little gauges, sport mode data, Google earth maps, nav, etc.

97DEEC70-5FED-4283-B48E-444C136F9B20.jpeg

I dig the vintage cluster look. Old school just like the SC whine and V8 sound. Dying breed. Even these crappy EVs out there are all but a big screen in our faces with no personality.
2021 is the legit original model.

I should also mention this is not just on LVL 2 trucks. There were both LVL 1's and LVL 2's with it. No Base trucks built as of now, but I would assume it's a standard dash used on all of them.

Then checked and the same screen appears in Limiteds, Rebels, Laramies and Longhorns as well so definitely standard screen. Just not Tradesman or Bighorn

Last edited:
Humm. Not sure how I would feel about an all digital cluster. Can’t wait to see it.

Cool info 3B!!

They still report having the same 120MPH Speedometer but I am not sure if that would also cover a digital version or if it is still the same analog gauge we have currently. I would expect the wording to change if it wasn't the same analog gauge.

Do the pilot vehicles have build sheets online that we can see ?

Would be nice if they go to a digital dash like my Audi had. Fully configurable - big gauges, little gauges, sport mode data, Google earth maps, nav, etc.

View attachment 39226
I would love this in my TRX and other cars. Assuming it is fully configurable as you say.
Reminds me of the AEM CD7 fully configurable dash. I am currently installing one in a custom.

They still report having the same 120MPH Speedometer but I am not sure if that would also cover a digital version or if it is still the same analog gauge we have currently. I would expect the wording to change if it wasn't the same analog gauge.
The Grand Wagoneer would report with speedometer on it's build sheet. The new screen will be based on the Wagoneer screen and take up the entire cluster

Just like how they rolled out Uconnect 5 on one model and then the next year they roll it out to most vehicles. They did the same with the digital cluster in the Wagoneer and now rolling it out to other models.

The Grand Wagoneer would report with speedometer on it's build sheet. The new screen will be based on the Wagoneer screen and take up the entire cluster

Just like how they rolled out Uconnect 5 on one model and then the next year they roll it out to most vehicles. They did the same with the digital cluster in the Wagoneer and now rolling it out to other models.
Makes sense, I just expected the wording would change slightly. ie. "Digitial 120MPH Speedometer" or something to that effect. Was having a hard time seeing enough room in the dash to fit ~165% more screen so figured it was all screen anyway.

I may know the company that builds the RAM Instrument Panels. I will do some digging to see if I can confirm and maybe get some pictures.

I found this official video of the Grand Wagoneer’s digital cluster. It would be cool if we could get the optional IR camera as well. An SRT screen with more available gauges in the cluster itself would be really cool too.

It would be cool if we could get the optional IR camera as well.
I’ve been looking at Flir PathfindIR, thinking to add as Cargo camera with video in motion . Going to wait until Uconnect5 is stable though.

I currently have a Wagoneer and can upload pics if requested. My current experience is good. Makes sense to incorporate into the build/manufacturing process. The only issue will be the Maps view is very slow/loading (cluster and Uconnect of course) and being tied to Uconnect 5 has its "buggy" issues that should be corrected in time.

More of an FYI - The cluster is exceptionally WIDE, thus the steering will obstruct cluster corners which can be annoying but not a deal-breaker.

Ram should adopt the GMC HUMMERev cluster design. I'm kind of jealous of that one.

Ram should adopt the GMC HUMMERev cluster design. I'm kind of jealous of that one.
I have to give GM credit. Letting video game designers do the UI for that truck was a very smart idea.

I have been a little disappointed by the what seems to be lower resolution on the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer cluster screens at the dealership. Maybe it is just me but they just seem a little off?

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back