2023 TRX For Sale

Hey All!

i just placed an order on a 27 TRX, looking to sell my one owner Level 2 granite TRX with now 45K miles. the truck was wrapped with stealth PPF since day one, paint is pristine given PPF was installed same day of purchase. the only other mod the truck has is geiser offroad springs just to be able to fit 37's, and oil catch can.

last year, my intercooler pump went out, i took it in to get it replaced under warranty and the dealer said it would be a 3 month wait due to backordered pumps, i couldn't wait that long so i bought an aftermarket pump after navigating through the forums and finding out a lot of people were having the same issue, only thing is the new pump does not report back to the ECU as it uses a different connection but it has been great, no issues with running hot or anything like that. i know there's a way to code the check engine light out but i never had an issue so i left it alone, i also purchased an extended warranty that i can get the pump replaced through but these oem pumps will most likely fail again. either way i can help with resolving this if need be

the truck has been awesome, only reason i'm selling it is to get my new one so i am wiling to take offers. I've been seeing similar mileage and year trucks in the $85K range so i was hoping i would get something around there but open to take offers just want this thing to go to a good home.

i just got brand new 37's about a month ago, so tires are new. the spare is also a 37" tire

the only thing i wish i would've done is put a liner on the bed when i first got it, i never did so the back is a little banged up from carrying things but not too bad.

feel free to message me or call me 505-321-6702 my name is Alex - I'll be happy to answer any questions
Why not trade in? The dealer can't be THAT far off private sale to make private worth it over the tax savings on the new TRX
 
From what I have seen/heard, the "disadvantages" going to a '27 TRX are:
  • Extra weight (offsets the addl HP), available payload in the 900 lb range
  • New CAN architecture - lots of gremlins in the '25-'26 models, hope they've worked that out by now
    • But it also limits mods without going to the dealer for a proxi alignment (or spending $$$$ to do it yourself)
  • Only 4 upfitter switches max, I think (old TRX had up to 6)
  • Looks like a RHO - ugh - I liked the original TRX grille better
  • No Rambar option - WTF, guys
  • Red accents interior/exterior are forced (not for everyone)
  • Tow mirrors are U-G-L-Y
There are some upsides too, though. Massaging seats, bigger Uconnect screen. I think that's it, lol
NO RAMBAR?! Oof that was a catastrophic mistake. It gives it so much more character and appeal.
 
Alright, so an earlier TRX is fully loaded at 7,800 and the '27 at 7,850.

Either way, it has nothing to do with the options. Did you already forget about the guys selling "fully loaded" TRXs?
 
I personally think the truck mullet looks awful, but people do like it.
Big fan of no rambar. That being said, it should be an option. Weird how there’s no cutout for it, making you have to seemed out plastic to install it is Wild.
 
Big fan of no rambar. That being said, it should be an option. Weird how there’s no cutout for it, making you have to seemed out plastic to install it is Wild.

I'm glad they didn't cut out the front bed stake holes. I would have had to buy another set of these:


20230823_112206.webp
 
Why not trade in? The dealer can't be THAT far off private sale to make private worth it over the tax savings on the new TRX
Because it's got a check engine light...

Pretty sure no one here's going to be buying a check engine light TRX either no matter what your reasoning is, you should probably get that fixed first... 😐
 
Because it's got a check engine light...

Pretty sure no one here's going to be buying a check engine light TRX either no matter what your reasoning is, you should probably get that fixed first... 😐
Yeah i said i can get you an oem pump but they are junk, it will need to be replaced again they are similar to a fish tank type pump, they don't actually push fluid through, this one does.
 
Last edited:
Why not trade in? The dealer can't be THAT far off private sale to make private worth it over the tax savings on the new TRX
If i don't sell it private I will trade it, I already got offers from dealerships just wanted to see if someone would be interested in it.
 
Curious if there’s any disadvantages with the newer 27’s?
Only reason im getting a new one is to put it on my taxes and not give an extra $100K to the IRS. Otherwise I wouldn't sell it, I love this thing but willing to let go for a new one
 
Only reason im getting a new one is to put it on my taxes and not give an extra $100K to the IRS. Otherwise I wouldn't sell it, I love this thing but willing to let go for a new one
Uhh that’s not how that works man, it can reduce your tax liability but you don’t just get a free truck instead of paying taxes
 
Uhh that’s not how that works man, it can reduce your tax liability but you don’t just get a free truck instead of paying taxes
I know how it works, I know its not free but it saves me money every year as long as it is financed, I got a good CPA we make some things work
 
Uhh that’s not how that works man, it can reduce your tax liability but you don’t just get a free truck instead of paying taxes
he deducts monthly bill as business expenditures. Had an AC guy stopping by with a dully GMC, Denali lifted, tinted windows, 2in lug nuts spikes, most beautiful/showroom condition truck I've seen in a while. Turned out he was the owner and truck was registered as a company truck but he is the only one driving it because his employees would trash it. So, ya it's done more than you think. You dont deduct the truck as write off, but rather you use the mothly payment as business spendings. Any CPA can do it as long as you make enough profit. OP has to be a contractor of sorts
 
From what I have seen/heard, the "disadvantages" going to a '27 TRX are:
  • Extra weight (offsets the addl HP), available payload in the 900 lb range
  • New CAN architecture - lots of gremlins in the '25-'26 models, hope they've worked that out by now
    • But it also limits mods without going to the dealer for a proxi alignment (or spending $$$$ to do it yourself)
  • Only 4 upfitter switches max, I think (old TRX had up to 6)
  • Looks like a RHO - ugh - I liked the original TRX grille better
  • No Rambar option - WTF, guys
  • Red accents interior/exterior are forced (not for everyone)
  • Tow mirrors are U-G-L-Y
There are some upsides too, though. Massaging seats, bigger Uconnect screen. I think that's it, lol
Well, new vid of drag race between old and new TRX just dropped. A bit skewed because the old in this video has 37” tires. But I guess performance wise they’re very similar.

 
Well, new vid of drag race between old and new TRX just dropped. A bit skewed because the old in this video has 37” tires. But I guess performance wise they’re very similar.

The new TRX also has a sunroof whereas the older one does not, so maybe that offsets the 37" tires a bit. The extra 300lbs of the new TRX seemingly is offset by the extra hp of 777. Either way, the old and the new are still damn quick and impressive.
 
The new TRX also has a sunroof whereas the older one does not, so maybe that offsets the 37" tires a bit. The extra 300lbs of the new TRX seemingly is offset by the extra hp of 777. Either way, the old and the new are still damn quick and impressive.
And still slower than a Raptor R is what it seems like. Can't wait for someone to line them up so we can all bitch and complain.
 
And still slower than a Raptor R is what it seems like. Can't wait for someone to line them up so we can all bitch and complain.
Maybe the R is still a titch faster, who knows.....and frankly I don't give a rats ass :cool:. What I do know from owning a couple of Raptors (not the R) is that the build quality is not up to par with my TRX. Example: my TRX interior, while subjective, is substantially better IMHO and has more amenities and massaging seats. The exterior body panels line up perfectly, and attention to detail seems better than my Raptors were. I think the TRX looks better as well, again subjective, but my two cents. At the end of the day, I have a little PP and I am ok with that as my wife still seems happy. Therefore, I don't need the bragging rights that my TRX is .2 mph faster than a Raptor R to make my PP seem bigger. I simply enjoy my TRX for what it is and all that is provides as a total package which in my humble opinion is better than the R. YMMV though (y)
 
Last edited:

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top