2022 loaded TRX OR 2018 loaded Audi RS-7 Performance

Not a fan of the styling of the Audi personally for that model. Image wise, Audi seems like the 3rd wheel behind Mercedes and BMW. Plus, I would not want the maintenance of that Audi; especially one with ceramic brakes. Good luck with the decision.

OP is in South Florida… lived there for awhile. Roads are fine and nothing you need 35 inch tires to deal with. Your description is quite dramatic but maybe where you live the roads are garbage. Smooth as can be here in AZ until you go off road which 90% of the population doesn’t do.

The truck does give a better view because of height but it’s also a pain to park in tight lots in the city. And some people prefer to sit down low versus up high. I used to hate being high up.

Yes the truck has tons more storage…including a bed. Hence, get the truck if you need to do “truck things.” Otherwise the hatch has tons of room and comfortably fits 4. I doubt the OP cares about how big the middle back seat is based on his post.
Right, and this is the point I’m making: the ride comfort category is clearly debatable based on various driver/passenger variables. It could go either way.

Right, and this is the point I’m making: the ride comfort category is clearly debatable based on various driver/passenger variables. It could go either way.
I don’t have any familiarity with Audis specifically but I do with BMW and pretty much every other non luxury American and Japanese Brands. Ride quality on the TRX where I drive (mostly highway) is far and away better than anything I’ve ever driven. This truck doesn’t care in the least about potholes, rumble strips, road debris, etc. She doesn’t care about speed bumps or flooded roads either, not that OP will be crashing through puddles at 40mph but he or she could in a TRX.

Also, did someone in here say AZ roads are smooth? I-17, I-40, Hwy 89 and the roads through the rez into south Utah and Colorado are a travesty in any other vehicle I drive besides the TRX.

I don’t have any familiarity with Audis specifically but I do with BMW and pretty much every other non luxury American and Japanese Brands. Ride quality on the TRX where I drive (mostly highway) is far and away better than anything I’ve ever driven. This truck doesn’t care in the least about potholes, rumble strips, road debris, etc. She doesn’t care about speed bumps or flooded roads either, not that OP will be crashing through puddles at 40mph but he or she could in a TRX.

Also, did someone in here say AZ roads are smooth? I-17, I-40, Hwy 89 and the roads through the rez into south Utah and Colorado are a travesty in any other vehicle I drive besides the TRX.
When I did my first road trip a few weeks ago I was shocked how well the TRX did as a road trip vehicle. The only thing better on the highway, that I ever owned was my GLE63s.

Keep in mind that all my cars/SUVs besides the GLE63s were lowered and harsh but the truck really surprised me.

Attachments

• 20171203_124714.jpg
    20171203_124714.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 19

Yea the ride in my BMW sucked compared to the Audi. But that’s what adjustable air suspension and ride height control can do. The Audi was far and above the TRX or my BMW or CTS-V, etc. Clearly I like the TRX since I own one but saying the ride is better than a pinnacle Audi (not some base model on struts) is just uninformed. Go actually drive one in the various suspension settings (and without the sport struts). Many others who have owned both have said the same and it seems to be only those guessing who say otherwise.

Lol yea the 17 downtown sucks and anything on the reservation is crap…but why do you drive on the rez? You named a couple roads out of millions of miles in AZ and one of them is specifically a “scenic classic road” that they don’t try to update. 101, 202, 303… even I-10 and the 60 in AZ plus 90% of the actual roads (versus highway) are pristine. Coming from the northeast, southwest roads are pristine. And I just did a road trip north on the 17 last weekend in the TRX…was buttery smooth outside of a few miles near the garbage downtown area. But my S8 was far smoother, quieter, faster, better sound system, massage seats, privacy shades, etc. It’s not a comparison honestly.

Yea the ride in my BMW sucked compared to the Audi. But that’s what adjustable air suspension and ride height control can do. The Audi was far and above the TRX or my BMW or CTS-V, etc. Clearly I like the TRX since I own one but saying the ride is better than a pinnacle Audi (not some base model on struts) is just uninformed. Go actually drive one in the various suspension settings (and without the sport struts). Many others who have owned both have said the same and it seems to be only those guessing who say otherwise.

Lol yea the 17 downtown sucks and anything on the reservation is crap…but why do you drive on the rez? You named a couple roads out of millions of miles in AZ and one of them is specifically a “scenic classic road” that they don’t try to update. 101, 202, 303… even I-10 and the 60 in AZ plus 90% of the actual roads (versus highway) are pristine. Coming from the northeast, southwest roads are pristine. And I just did a road trip north on the 17 last weekend in the TRX…was buttery smooth outside of a few miles near the garbage downtown area. But my S8 was far smoother, quieter, faster, better sound system, massage seats, privacy shades, etc. It’s not a comparison honestly.
Congrats on your new job as ADOT spokesman! That’s a tougher job than KJP has. TRX is ready for anything and everything. Sorry I drive in places you don’t approve. I’m headed to Colorado in the morning tomorrow. Should I take the direct route or travel out of my way seeking pristine road surfaces?

Congrats on your new job as ADOT spokesman! That’s a tougher job than KJP has. TRX is ready for anything and everything. Sorry I drive in places you don’t approve. I’m headed to Colorado in the morning tomorrow. Should I take the direct route or travel out of my way seeking pristine road surfaces?

I have driven all over Colorado in an Audi and it was a better ride than the TRX on everything but the roughest pavement. Worlds better on the concrete interstates that send the TRX suspension into a pogo stick like action.

Yeah, a lot of the RS7 reviews and videos for that year in particular complain about a taut, if not overly firm ride, even in the comfort modes. I'll give a little more weight to the independent reviewers' perspective on this compared to those folks who may have a bit of bias from blowing $140k+ on the thing - ha. Regardless, it doesn't sound like this is anywhere close to a "no contest" win for the Audi -- I'd say it's more likely fitting in a "tie" category, depending on what the driver and passengers value in comfort features.

It’s a tough job but someone has to do it! My comment about the rez was a joke btw. Don’t take it too hard.

Have you owned an RS7, S7, or S8 with the adaptive air suspension?

Last edited:
I have driven all over Colorado in an Audi and it was a better ride than the TRX on everything but the roughest pavement. Worlds better on the concrete interstates that send the TRX suspension into a pogo stick like action.
Yup, agreed. Not sure many folks commenting have actually done both. Just comparing the TRX to other vehicles they think are the same.

It’s a tough job but someone has to do it! My comment about the rez was a joke btw. Don’t take it too hard.

Have you owned an RS7, S7, or S8 with the adaptive air suspension?
Like I said above, no. I did hit a road gator yesterday at 75 and the 35s and skid plates soaked it up like it was nothing. The Audi would’ve needed paint and maybe body work after that.

Choosing between a 4-5 year old sedan vs a new TRX is a no brainer to me. The Audi is sweet don’t get me wrong but the 2018 already looks a little dated.

Like I said above, no. I did hit a road gator yesterday at 75 and the 35s and skid plates soaked it up like it was nothing. The Audi would’ve needed paint and maybe body work after that.

Choosing between a 4-5 year old sedan vs a new TRX is a no brainer to me. The Audi is sweet don’t get me wrong but the 2018 already looks a little dated.
That is a huge benefit of the TRX.

And one thing actually I’m thinking about now is whether the vehicle the OP is looking at has the standard or sport suspension. The sport version is firmer in the RS7 than the S8. Given the vehicle has the carbon brakes that is possible. Still wouldn’t worry about it in Florida though.

Lucky you were in the TRX. I hit a road gator in my BMW doing about 65 and total damage came to $15k although it was still driveable. Body work and mechanical under carriage damage. Fortunately insurance covered it all. Another advantage for the TRX in this instance. 🙂

I need your opinion on the forum’s thoughs given this opportunity I came across.
Let me preface this conversation stating that I obviously know these two vehicles are completely different and couldn’t be further in offering different driving capabilities for different lifestyles.

I have come upon an opportunity to get a spectacular private deal on a Florida, garage kept, and senior citizen driven less than 9K mile 2018 Audi RS-7 that’s LOADED. Including Carbon Ceramic brakes and the full Audi sport “Akropovic Revolution” titanium exhaust that was a $9,000 option back in 2018. An exhaust note so biblical & holy in sound it puts the TRX exhaust note to shame. I have my ordered TRX that’s being built and can still back out losing a small deposit of $500, BUT I really am not sure if I want to do that. The Audi is about $5,000 less than the TRX and we are talking about an RS-7. A sedan that on the daily is a supercar beating Goliath that is in a class only with cars like top AMG sedan models E63 and S63 and Porsche Panamera Turbo sedans.
THOUGHTS PEOPLE !!! HELLLLLLLP !
Did you ask this question on the Audi forum? If so, what was the answer?

I need your opinion on the forum’s thoughs given this opportunity I came across.
Let me preface this conversation stating that I obviously know these two vehicles are completely different and couldn’t be further in offering different driving capabilities for different lifestyles.

I have come upon an opportunity to get a spectacular private deal on a Florida, garage kept, and senior citizen driven less than 9K mile 2018 Audi RS-7 that’s LOADED. Including Carbon Ceramic brakes and the full Audi sport “Akropovic Revolution” titanium exhaust that was a $9,000 option back in 2018. An exhaust note so biblical & holy in sound it puts the TRX exhaust note to shame. I have my ordered TRX that’s being built and can still back out losing a small deposit of $500, BUT I really am not sure if I want to do that. The Audi is about $5,000 less than the TRX and we are talking about an RS-7. A sedan that on the daily is a supercar beating Goliath that is in a class only with cars like top AMG sedan models E63 and S63 and Porsche Panamera Turbo sedans.
. . .get the one that has the Wet Bar option.

My X5M was the most uncomfortable car that I have ever owned. It killed my back after a 5 mile trip, it was loud inside and the ride sucked. I dumped that thing after 6 months.

The question only you can answer is do you want to marry the boring, flat as a board straight laced girl that gets good grades or do you want to marry the smokin hot blond with curves in all the right places that makes you heart skip a beat when you see her from a distance or upclose. The RS7 will get lost on the sea of boring ass 4 door sedans in the parking lot...just like that flat as a board good girl.
Best analogy I have heard yet! It was easy for me as I am a truck guy and never even had a second thought when I got mine. Best vehicle I have ever owned in my 43 years and killer looks to go with it. Love the analogy, you killed it! Deuces!!!

Two different vehicles and I'd go for the Audi hands down. That is an incredible deal on that Audi as it probably MSRPed for around $150k.

The quality between Ram and Audi is not comparable, and if you can score that Audi for like $80k then yeah, grab that. If not send me the Sellers info.!

Last edited:
So you come on and talk about all the great stuff of the RS7 and nothing positive from your perspective about the TRX, seems like you are trying to talk yourself into the car but you know deep down the TRX is the more attractive, more versatile and more badass vehicle.

Second, you talk about the RS7 "smoking supercars Goliath". Sorry it just isnt smoking any modern supercar with a 3.2 0-60 and a 11.3 second quarter mile.

I will give my $.02. I bought a 4 year old 911 Turbo in 2013. It was absolutely loaded (Aero kit, ceramic brakes etc). Stickered at $162K in 2008 before tax. The car was fast, AWD, pulled like a freight train, stopped on a dime and cornered like it was on rails. Honestly it was also the most boring car to drive at anything less than 150mph (I actually owned it while I was stationed in Germany so it got a lot of autobahn time). The difference between the RS7 and the 997 Turbo Porsche...the Audi is just a plain jane boring ass sedan. It looks like every other 4 door sedan on the road. AMGs have a distinct muscular style, porsches have the wide hips....audi RS7s look like every other boring ass lexus or hyundai genesis out there.

No one is going to pull up next to you at a light and roll the window down and say nice car like the will with the TRX (I have had my TRX for 2 weeks and less than 200 miles and it has happened 8 times already, not that I am looking for that but it highlights that it is a different beast).

Can you beat a mustang or camaro stop light racing? Sure but so can the TRX. But neither can beat a real supercar (Lambo, McLaren, Porsche)...and for arguments sake, say it CAN beat a supercar. So can a lot of Honda civics out there.....

The question only you can answer is do you want to marry the boring, flat as a board straight laced girl that gets good grades or do you want to marry the smokin hot blond with curves in all the right places that makes you heart skip a beat when you see her from a distance or upclose. The RS7 will get lost on the sea of boring ass 4 door sedans in the parking lot...just like that flat as a board good girl.
The hot blond with curves in all the right places will be a buck sixty five in no time...we've all seen it a 100 times.. funny post tho....well done sir!

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers SDHQ Motorsports
Back