Whipple supercharger problem

Dozer

TRX Noob
Joined
Oct 6, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
New Hampshire
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX
I had a whipple 3.0 two stage gen 6 installed last summer. Within several months my coupler was make a noise like rocks rolling around. We sent it back to whipple and the replace the components and it sounded great. Last month the noise started again and it’s getting a little louder. Has anyone who put a whipple supercharger experienced this? Please let me know. Thanks
 
You probably won't get a huge data set here, as there are probably only a handful of active members that have a Whipple setup. I feel like its a running joke around here that Whipples are ticking time bombs, but two in a row is insane, sorry to hear that. Are you looking to get replacement #3 or move to something different?
 
Not that it helps, but when I was last out at Satera talking with the guys they specifically mentioned that they have had a decent amount of whipples come back with issues on the hellcat platform. It was more specific to the gen5, but I was exploring my next mods and was just asking a bunch of questions.

Hopefully you get it figured out as I would be super frustrated.
 
Everyone I know personally has had nothing but problems with their 3.0s and 3.8s; it was a mix of Gen 5s and 6s. One of them has gone through 6x Whipple 3.8s in 1500 miles of abusive driving. Last time I spoke with HHP, a few months ago, they said the Gen 6 Whipple 3.0s seemed more reliable, but they still needed to determine the 3.8s. I was really hoping to hear they resolved the problems since the 3.8 seemed like the best option for my 426.

If you're thinking about switching, I have yet to hear any negative experiences with the Kong 2650. They run a bit hotter than the Whipples due to it being a Roots-style blower while reusing the factory intercooler bricks. I have a ported Kong 2650 with a 2.5" upper and 10% overdrive lower, making 21-22psi on my motor combo. I'll be dropping down to a 2.35" as soon as it arrives in the mail.
 
You probably won't get a huge data set here, as there are probably only a handful of active members that have a Whipple setup. I feel like its a running joke around here that Whipples are ticking time bombs, but two in a row is insane, sorry to hear that. Are you looking to get replacement #3 or move to something different?
I don’t know yet, I want to see what whipple will do for me. Thanks
 
Everyone I know personally has had nothing but problems with their 3.0s and 3.8s; it was a mix of Gen 5s and 6s. One of them has gone through 6x Whipple 3.8s in 1500 miles of abusive driving. Last time I spoke with HHP, a few months ago, they said the Gen 6 Whipple 3.0s seemed more reliable, but they still needed to determine the 3.8s. I was really hoping to hear they resolved the problems since the 3.8 seemed like the best option for my 426.

If you're thinking about switching, I have yet to hear any negative experiences with the Kong 2650. They run a bit hotter than the Whipples due to it being a Roots-style blower while reusing the factory intercooler bricks. I have a ported Kong 2650 with a 2.5" upper and 10% overdrive lower, making 21-22psi on my motor combo. I'll be dropping down to a 2.35" as soon as it arrives in the mail.
Thanks for the info. I saved my srt supercharger. I might put it back in.
 
Not that it helps, but when I was last out at Satera talking with the guys they specifically mentioned that they have had a decent amount of whipples come back with issues on the hellcat platform. It was more specific to the gen5, but I was exploring my next mods and was just asking a bunch of questions.

Hopefully you get it figured out as I would be super frustrated.
It was still under warranty the last time but I had to pay for my mechanics labor. Whipple fixed it and sent it back in January 2026 so I hope they consider that within a year warranty.
Yes, very frustrating and getting expensive.
Thanks
 

TRX Forum Favs 👍

Back
Top