What would you change?

meow

TRX Member
Reaction score
Current Ride
3d Gen Ram 1500 5.7
For those of you who already own your TRX, if you were to order today, what packages and options would you recommend/recommend against?

As Ram has temporarily halted TRX orders, your feedback will be invaluable for those in the present limbo order process.

They went an extra step in ensuring you have to package based on trim level for 22. Base- All the essentials for performance driving truck without the creature comforts. Black and red vinyl/cloth seats
Level 1- budget friendly package. Full leather and same performance plus heated seats/wheel, full power seats etc. this does not come with ventilated seats, proximity door lock/unlock, parking sensors, 360 cameras, or blind spot monitoring. Same interior as level 2 without the tech essentially.
Level 2- now includes all the basic tech excluded from level 1 plus includes premium sound, heads up display, and digital rear view mirror as well as the heated and ventilated front and rear seats, power tailgate release, proximity lock/unlock, 360 cameras, parking sensors, blind spot monitoring, trailer brake controller.

note that lvl 2 does not come automatically with the advanced safety group (adaptive cruise, lane keeping)

after that, pretty much everything else is cosmetic/ functional. Red interior accents are nice, carbon fiber pack is nice but both are just appearance.

bed utility group is nice if you plan to get the bed sprayed anyways. Comes with the utility rails and a bed step. Cheaper than buying everything after the fact.

sunroof, beadlocks, steps, tonneau cover etc are all preference.

for most it comes down to is the level 1 enough for me or do I want all the tech/ comforts that are bundled into level 2 for an additional $7k. I personally own a level 1. I love the truck and wouldn’t change it but you miss some of the truck “basics” here. If your budget allows I highly recommend the level 2 and then preference on anything above that. Hope it helps

We should have had a red leather option for the level 2 package, or at least more red similar to the base design. The red accents aren't enough
I agree. I think the base interior looks awesome aesthetically. Wish they would have used a design similar to that for the red package

I've never ordered a vehicle whilst waiting the 3-6 months without it being fully loaded with all options. Blank switches annoy me, and not having spec'd something I could have does as well. In essence, I want it all.

Should have got the heads up display (Tech Package?) in my 2021. This truck hides speed really well. Every time I look down I’m going at least 5mph faster than I thought.

For those of you who already own your TRX, if you were to order today, what packages and options would you recommend/recommend against?

As Ram has temporarily halted TRX orders, your feedback will be invaluable for those in the present limbo order process.
Only mistake I made was ordering the OEM bed cover. It’s not the best option for a cover IMO. Othwise the truck is perfect for me. Fully loaded less sunroof (too heavy) and advanced safety group (not my drive style)

lv2
HK sound system (now standard on lv2)
red accents (looks great)
carbon fiber (looks great)
tech group (auto lights, hud are great)
graphics on hood and fenders (adds a lot IMO)
Standard black wheels (bead locks = more screws for my tire guys to screw up)
Off road running boards
bed utility group
tri-fold tonneau cover (only mistake, install a weathertech after deliver instead)
engine block heater (cold here)
trailer tow group (probably won’t pull anything but if I need to I would regret not having it)
trailer reverse stearing control (not sure if I would like this or not)

• Carbon fiber package seems expensive but i highly recommend it. It makes the interior much nicer looking vs the base plastic.
  • Dont get the bed cover, its shit.
  • I don't have the HUD, but like a member commented above, the truck hides speed well so if i could get the HUD without getting the Tech Package i would have done that.
  • Love my sunroof thus far.
  • Love the HK speaker system too.
  • No red accents on my interior but that was my preference on my granite truck. Im glad i stuck to the gray accents. I went back and forth on this decision about 100 times though.

I haven't received mine yet, but I'm slightly regretting not getting the Rambar and CF package. I thought they were mainly aesthetics so I used them to cut the price a bit. I also was thinking a bit practical, as I use the bed a lot, so I got the tonneau cover thinking it would be decent. Now I'm hearing it's not good, and that makes it way overpriced. Other than that, so far, I'm still happy with what I ordered.

Blank switches annoy me
87A7CC8E-9663-4E7A-B082-177CB0FEB90C.jpeg
No avoiding this one.

When shopping, I went back and forth on getting a loaded Level 1 or a moderately equipped Level 2. Ultimately, I didn’t want to go without some things my last truck had…mainly the vented seats, camera mirror, and HUD. So Level 2 it was. If I wasn’t so spoiled I think the Level 1 would be a good deal.

Only mistake I made was ordering the OEM bed cover. It’s not the best option for a cover IMO. Othwise the truck is perfect for me. Fully loaded less sunroof (too heavy) and advanced safety group (not my drive style)

lv2
HK sound system (now standard on lv2)
red accents (looks great)
carbon fiber (looks great)
tech group (auto lights, hud are great)
graphics on hood and fenders (adds a lot IMO)
Standard black wheels (bead locks = more screws for my tire guys to screw up)
Off road running boards
bed utility group
tri-fold tonneau cover (only mistake, install a weathertech after deliver instead)
engine block heater (cold here)
trailer tow group (probably won’t pull anything but if I need to I would regret not having it)
trailer reverse stearing control (not sure if I would like this or not)
The screws on the beadlock capable wheels do not need to be touched by your tire guys unless you actually mount them as true beadlocks with the accessory bead lock rings from
Mopar.

The screws on the beadlock capable wheels do not need to be touched by your tire guys unless you actually mount them as true beadlocks with the accessory bead lock rings from
Mopar.
You are right but 'need' rarely has anything to do with people screwing stuff up LOL. If it was a feature I would use, then I would have gotten them.

You’re already dropping a lot of money with this purchase. I say get all the options you want or even think you’ll want at some point.
I it’s better to have the options now then wish you would’ve got something later.

You’re already dropping a lot of money with this purchase. I say get all the options you want or even think you’ll want at some point.
I it’s better to have the options now then wish you would’ve got something later.
Completely agree with this. These trucks are not cheap so a few grand more to get exactly what you want should not be a deal breaker. This was my thinking when I opted for the carbon fiber package, $1300 was not that much to get what I wanted especially when it would cost way more to add after the fact.

I went middle of the road on my 2022. Level Two, Advanced Safety, Trailer Tow & Mirrors. The only thing I think I may have missed was the bed utility group. I was going to buy the bed step later, and was on the fence about a bed liner. Now I'm thinking maybe I should have done it. Is it too late to change an order that's in D status?

I left out a few things. I would have liked the panoramic, but worried about issues. My F250 has it, and had to get it worked on twice while under warranty. Now I won't even open it for fear of anything happening outside of warranty. I've heard of others having drains clogged leading to leakage into the truck. I just don't want to roll the dice. Regardless, I notice I rarely even roll back the inner cover, so passed on it.

Left out trailer steering after watching them use it on TFL. Didn't seem as useful as I thought it would be. Probably like trying to use the parallel parking system in your car. By the time you get it initiated and going, you could have been finished by doing it yourself.

I'll buy the tonneau aftermarket. There are better options out there for the price.

Skipped side steps so I can buy the retractable ones. If they'd offered them, I would have added those.

I like the understated look so skipped out on the graphics. Also, maybe I don't get the work involved with graphics, but $1400 for what amounts to stickers seems excessive.

I was split on carbon fiber, but didn't feel the need to splurge on it. Since the interior is all black anyway, there wouldn't be much contrast.

My TRX is fairly loaded (Lvl 2, carbon fiber, graphic on hood). If I could do it all over again though:

- I kinda wish I had the graphic on the back sides. Gives it more of a "baller redneck" look which I'd like.

- Definitely wish I had the trailer back-up assist

- I love granite, but I may have gone Hydro Blue

My TRX is fairly loaded (Lvl 2, carbon fiber, graphic on hood). If I could do it all over again though:

- I kinda wish I had the graphic on the back sides. Gives it more of a "baller redneck" look which I'd like.

- Definitely wish I had the trailer back-up assist

- I love granite, but I may have gone Hydro Blue
Side graphics r easy to install and not bad $$$

I have every interior option so nothing really to change. I didn't do any exterior options because I think they were all overpriced.
I wish we had options for:
Red Seat belts
Big brake kit
Interior RGB lighting
Carbon Fiber exterior pack
Auto Perpendicular/parallel parking (Button missing on top of radio)

I got the rear/side graphics but not the hood. Looked to plain and pricey so I'm planning on getting an aftermarket one of something "cool". And yea like @KnightMare said red seatbelts and brakes would be huge

I have a Launch Edition. Love the sunroof and HUD especially. Really, the only thing I wouldn't have ordered would be the advanced safety group. Lane assist is always off, as is the auto braking for reverse. That's a shock when it happens for the first time! I probably wouldn't have ordered the beadlocks, but I do like the looks of them. Probably would have gone with aftermarket rims had they not been in the package.

Back