What to bring to pick up day?

Ravengoat67

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 Ram TRX Granite Level 2
It’s here! Well, there. Miles Goff at Dan Cummins has my bad boy. Question - any advice on what to bring for the 500 mile ride home? Beside two cans of dip, water and sunglasses? It is the perfect break in distance, and I cannot wait for the road-trip.
A07FB91E-B7DD-499A-BA0F-EC6A6481AC72.jpeg

It’s here! Well, there. Miles Goff at Dan Cummins has my bad boy. Question - any advice on what to bring for the 500 mile ride home? Beside two cans of dip, water and sunglasses? It is the perfect break in distance, and I cannot wait for the road-trip. View attachment 44650
Glass cleaner + microfibers.... blue painters tape if you wish to protect certain areas or design humorous designs. Bulletpoint Mounting Solutions center dash iPhone mount (remove factory screws x2/re-affix). Fuel card and lots of patience!

...and take pics of the adventure. Love reading about other's journey/initial brand impression!

Safe travels, I picked mine up from there last weekend! Beautiful part of the country, saw a lot of equestrian ranches, as I stayed overnight. My trip was 640 miles, perfect for break in, but 55mph on I-75 for 100 miles sucked.

I quart of oil and some antifreeze.

You need to check that oil at 100 - 300 and 500.

Hope ya don't use any, but better have have and not need than need and not have.

Don't really need much beyond a positive attitude. Enjoy the truck!

Picked mine up from Miles on Wednesday. Installed WeatherTech mad flaps and blue painters tape before leaving for 290 mi trip to Chattanooga, TN. See pic where I installed painters tape. Protected well for all interstate drive home.
E746BCB6-0AAF-4F48-8FCB-2C71D563B6E8.jpeg

Safe travels, I picked mine up from there last weekend! Beautiful part of the country, saw a lot of equestrian ranches, as I stayed overnight. My trip was 640 miles, perfect for break in, but 55mph on I-75 for 100 miles sucked.
Mine had 13 miles on it when I left Cummins on Wednesday. That 13 miles was plenty of break in miles. Ran 75-90+mph all the way home on I 75 S!

Yep, those engineers who wrote the break in procedure did it just for fun, not because it matters.

:rolleyes:
Yep, they are surely not going to tell you to exceed posted speed limits(y)

It’s here! Well, there. Miles Goff at Dan Cummins has my bad boy. Question - any advice on what to bring for the 500 mile ride home? Beside two cans of dip, water and sunglasses? It is the perfect break in distance, and I cannot wait for the road-trip. View attachment 44650
It’s here! Well, there. Miles Goff at Dan Cummins has my bad boy. Question - any advice on what to bring for the 500 mile ride home? Beside two cans of dip, water and sunglasses? It is the perfect break in distance, and I cannot wait for the road-trip.
When did u order? And complete build?

alot of coffee,ive only driven mine distances of 40 or 50 miles but it is so comfortable and quiet i was close to falling asleep.

Picked mine up from Miles on Wednesday. Installed WeatherTech mad flaps and blue painters tape before leaving for 290 mi trip to Chattanooga, TN. See pic where I installed painters tape. Protected well for all interstate drive home.View attachment 44668
I plan on the WeatherTech mud flaps when I pick mine up, but what's with the tape? That seems silly. I just don't see how that would protect much from flying debris and are you going to keep in on all the time? Maybe you plan on PPF once you get home, but just curious.

I plan on the WeatherTech mud flaps when I pick mine up, but what's with the tape? That seems silly. I just don't see how that would protect much from flying debris and are you going to keep in on all the time? Maybe you plan on PPF once you get home, but just curious.
Summertime, I'm more worried about cleaning bugs off fresh paint that isn't protected yet...

500 miles? Almost $1k in gas money....

My drive home was just about 700 miles, was our first vehicle with adaptive and lane keep.
I felt the drive was much easier and less tiring because of this.
I checked the oil at every fill up, but that was about the only special thing I did.

I just picked mine up from the paris location. I’m about 500 miles away and followed break in procedure. I wasn’t paying attention and crept up to 60/75 a few times but i dont think it matters that much. The 55 mph part sucked. The best part was ripping and running the last part of the drive!

Attachments

• 1656BC01-3F36-4D30-8C15-88A7FAC6A826.jpeg
    1656BC01-3F36-4D30-8C15-88A7FAC6A826.jpeg
    388.3 KB · Views: 19

Latest Discussions...

RAM-TRX Vendors

justboltons.com BwoodyPerformance.com Granger Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM OffRoadAlliance.com/ solisracinggroup.com Mark Dodge.com AirRyd.com Forced Induction Interchillers
Back