What did you do to your TRX today?

Crossed 10k miles today!!

Attachments

• IMG_5198.jpeg
    IMG_5198.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 14
yeah phew!

on the plus side, the Redline 0w40 makes the truck run quiet.
I forgot what weight oil our trucks take, and I’m too lazy to go out in the garage and pop the hood to look at the oil cap. Is 0w40 a heavier oil then the Penzoil that they are filled with from the factory?

very nice, only thing I don’t like about the factory wheels(and this usually applies to any factory wheel not just the TRX) is the amount of positive offset. I’m sure they have to do it to meet regulations but all of them are always too tucked in.

other than that lol, congrats. I think the all black beadlock wheels are the best looking

Yes. The factory wheels/tires on most 1500's look ridiculous. My Laramie came with 22" wheels and smooth tread highway tires. I thought these aftermarket 20's with a -12 offset and Ridge Grapplers looked pretty good.

20221006_135111.jpg

Now that I've had my TRX for ~7 months, I don't care for the brodozer-ish look any more. 🤣 I should have gone with an 18" wheel/tire and a 0 offset on the Laramie.

On the TRX, I really like the black beadlocks and the 35's fill the wheel wells nicely, even with the stock offset. The only combination I like better on the TRX is 37's on the stock beadlocks. I'd be all over 37's if Goodyear made a lightweight 12.5x18 Territory A/T.

Yes. The factory wheels/tires on most 1500's look ridiculous. My Laramie came with 22" wheels and smooth tread highway tires. I thought these aftermarket 20's with a -12 offset and Ridge Grapplers looked pretty good.

View attachment 126670

Now that I've had my TRX for ~7 months, I don't care for the brodozer-ish look any more. 🤣 I should have gone with an 18" wheel/tire and a 0 offset on the Laramie.

On the TRX, I really like the black beadlocks and the 35's fill the wheel wells nicely, even with the stock offset. The only combination I like better on the TRX is 37's on the stock beadlocks. I'd be all over 37's if Goodyear made a lightweight 12.5x18 Territory A/T.
what’s interesting is the trx wheels have the same offset as the oem wheels
on your laramie so they have the same “tucked” amount but maybe since the trx has the wider axles and fenders it looks better to you.

on your laramie so they have the same “tucked” amount but maybe since the trx has the wider axles and fenders it looks better to you.

A 285/45x22 with a +18 offset will always look much weaker than a 325/65x18 with the same offset. The big fat tire makes a huge difference.

I don't have a pic of my Laramie with the stock wheels/tires because I had them changed out before I picked it up. Even though the Laramie has a -12 offset and a pretty aggressive looking tire, the stock TRX setup still looks more aggressive to me.

20230919_111901.jpg

A 285/45x22 with a +18 offset will always look much weaker than a 325/65x18 with the same offset. The big fat tire makes a huge difference.

I don't have a pic of my Laramie with the stock wheels/tires because I had them changed out before I picked it up. Even though the Laramie has a -12 offset and a pretty aggressive looking tire, the stock TRX setup still looks more aggressive to me.

View attachment 126675
yea the 18 vs 22 tire will make a big difference in looks by itself, but those tires that come on the trx have a great looking aggressive sidewall

Looking through pics of my Laramie, I have a set of Rebel wheels/tires on it and the 20's with the -12 offset look more aggressive. 😵‍💫

20240330_180441.jpg

Looking through pics of my Laramie, I have a set of Rebel wheels/tires on it and the 20's with the -12 offset look more aggressive. 😵‍💫

View attachment 126677
For whatever reason the non-TRX 18” factory wheels are only 8” wide so that really doesn’t do them any favors. The 20s and 22s are 9” like ours.

For whatever reason the non-TRX 18” factory wheels are only 8” wide so that really doesn’t do them any favors. The 20s and 22s are 9” like ours.

Yep, that's it. The 20's on my Laramie are 10" wide.

I forgot what weight oil our trucks take, and I’m too lazy to go out in the garage and pop the hood to look at the oil cap. Is 0w40 a heavier oil then the Penzoil that they are filled with from the factory?
PUP is 0w40 also. Redline just has better chemical characteristics.

Back