Used to be a Ford guy

So close!! I said 15 mph. Who would make that setting 12 mph? 12? That is just a dumb number. Make it 10 mph or 15 mph. I wonder how much money was spent to determine that 12 mph was the ideal number or if the engineer just liked the number 12?
I think it's based on 20 km/h, and the 'Murican equivalent rounds to 12 mph.

I think it's based on 20 km/h, and the 'Murican equivalent rounds to 12 mph.
There you go using logic.......the metric system got me again!

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. I have always been a Chevy/GMC guy. Like you, once I test drove a Ram Limited I knew I was buying a Ram. The TRX is just the ultimate expression of a Limited, on steroids. I see you have the fastest color for the win!

yeah, I don't feel like most vehicles would require me "launching" to beat them. The TRX has plenty of power even when not in sport mode. I cant imagine the launch POWER. I neeeed to do the launch but waiting for a good time and place.

I too am a Ford convert, from Ford Raptor. TRX is by far the best truck.

FYI: Launch control doesn't add any power, it just limits the RPM to a set speed while you hold the brake.

Heads up - I would hold the brake and press the accelerator pedal and the RPM would go past my RPM set point. I thought is was not working. I figured out that the launch control did not limit RPM until the pedal was pressed to the floor. So, when you try it, you will need to press the accelerator pedal to the floor before launch control kicks in.

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. I have always been a Chevy/GMC guy. Like you, once I test drove a Ram Limited I knew I was buying a Ram. The TRX is just the ultimate expression of a Limited, on steroids. I see you have the fastest color for the win!
It was kind of like when I switched from Harley to Indian. All I had to do was ride it!
Thanks for the welcome and gotta stay with those fast colors. lol

So close!! I said 15 mph. Who would make that setting 12 mph? 12? That is just a dumb number. Make it 10 mph or 15 mph. I wonder how much money was spent to determine that 12 mph was the ideal number or if the engineer just liked the number 12?
we are lucky it wasnt 12.5! lol

I too am a Ford convert, from Ford Raptor. TRX is by far the best truck.

FYI: Launch control doesn't add any power, it just limits the RPM to a set speed while you hold the brake.

Heads up - I would hold the brake and press the accelerator pedal and the RPM would go past my RPM set point. I thought is was not working. I figured out that the launch control did not limit RPM until the pedal was pressed to the floor. So, when you try it, you will need to press the accelerator pedal to the floor before launch control kicks in.
this makes me happy that I didnt buy the Raptor. I had been looking at them for the last 4 or 5 yrs. My buddy said, go test drive the TRX! and I was like when can I take it home. It looks tough, it's comfortable and it is just plain bad-ass! I hadnt been happy with Fords the last few years anyway. The quality has slipped IMO. I have to admit that I didnt know Dodge and RAM split YEARS ago. lol

It was kind of like when I switched from Harley to Indian. All I had to do was ride it!
Thanks for the welcome and gotta stay with those fast colors. lol
Same thing happened to me with the motorcycle. Had Harley's for years and a few years back a buddy of mine said let's go test ride the Indian. We did and we both traded in the Harley's for the Indian. My back is much happier now. (old guy here 😂)

Hello RAM-TRX peeps! I just wanted to break the ice and introduce myself.

I recently bought my 2022 TRX, while looking for a new Ford. I have driven Fords and Ford trucks for most of my life. -Go ahead and throw your tomatoes at me now :)

I had a 2022 King Ranch and it jus wasn't living up to my expectations. So I went shopping. Decided to test drive the TRX after talking to a buddy who is a RAM owner. I am glad I did because I absolutely love my TRX! Although I never dreamed I would spend that much on a truck!!! The first day I had it, one of my neighbors kids road by on his bike (he is about 9) and said, "Nice T-REX" and that is when I learned about the moniker. lol I decided to join this forum so I can learn more about the TRX, have some comradeship, and ask dumb questions (hopefully not too dumb). Like why do I have to turn on my screen every time I start the truck? I have a loaner 2021 1500 at the moment, while they make some adjustments to my TRX and it doesn't do this in the lower trim pkg...Also, where does everyone store the extra gas it takes to get this hog from A - B? lol

I already had some guy in a Chevy Silverado, try to race me at a light the other night. It was obvious he had put some work into it, but one, I am too old for that shit and two, I have not hit the launch button yet! hahaha

Thnx and I look forward to discussions on here and getting to learn more about the mighty T-REX!
Welcome!!!

Same thing happened to me with the motorcycle. Had Harley's for years and a few years back a buddy of mine said let's go test ride the Indian. We did and we both traded in the Harley's for the Indian. My back is much happier now. (old guy here 😂)
I didnt hate my Harley but it was starting to give me a little trouble with the stator and it really was not well balanced for my short ass. I was one of the first to get an Indian (after I let my wife sit on one, lol) many of the Harley guys I knew told me "I will never get rid of my Harley!!" I said okay, but go ride an Indian. They are everywhere now! hahaha. I am an old guy too. I dont need my teeth rattled out of my head. Besides my Indian is just plain better in every way!

Back