DNR187

TRX Member
Gallery
Reaction score
Current Ride
2022 TRX
Military
U.S. Army
Hello RAM-TRX peeps! I just wanted to break the ice and introduce myself.

I recently bought my 2022 TRX, while looking for a new Ford. I have driven Fords and Ford trucks for most of my life. -Go ahead and throw your tomatoes at me now :)

I had a 2022 King Ranch and it jus wasn't living up to my expectations. So I went shopping. Decided to test drive the TRX after talking to a buddy who is a RAM owner. I am glad I did because I absolutely love my TRX! Although I never dreamed I would spend that much on a truck!!! The first day I had it, one of my neighbors kids road by on his bike (he is about 9) and said, "Nice T-REX" and that is when I learned about the moniker. lol I decided to join this forum so I can learn more about the TRX, have some comradeship, and ask dumb questions (hopefully not too dumb). Like why do I have to turn on my screen every time I start the truck? I have a loaner 2021 1500 at the moment, while they make some adjustments to my TRX and it doesn't do this in the lower trim pkg...Also, where does everyone store the extra gas it takes to get this hog from A - B? lol

I already had some guy in a Chevy Silverado, try to race me at a light the other night. It was obvious he had put some work into it, but one, I am too old for that shit and two, I have not hit the launch button yet! hahaha

Thnx and I look forward to discussions on here and getting to learn more about the mighty T-REX!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 244
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    393.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Welcome and congrats!!

First welcome to the club and second there is no need for launch control to handle a Chevy truck. I too was a Ford owner for many years and have told my story on here before. I actually had a deposit on a 3rd Gen Raptor till a friend that works for Ram gave me a call back in February 2021 and the rest is history. I was overly impressed at the interior of the TRX probably more so then any other aspect, the performance is just icing on the cake.

Congratulations and Welcome! You’re not alone, born and bred Ford guy here. I LOVE my TRX. Almost 3 years of ownership.

Sounds like you have a faulty screen or need a software update or something. You shouldn’t have to turn it on every time. I’m not familiar enough with Uconnect5 to know if there is a setting that affects that or not (my 21 has Uconnect4). I hope the dealer gets it figured out for you.

Someone beat me to the new intro. Hello and welcome. GET SECURITY NOW OR GFYS! Just kidding on the gfys comment. You already gave yourself shit about ford lol nice job. Not sure what you mean about having to turn screen on...

Something is definitely wrong with your radio. It should boot up on its own when you start your truck.

You are never too old to smoke a Cheby.

If you pull your truck forward about 20' from where it's parked with the snow on it, it won't get any more snow on it and you'll reduce the chance of it getting stolen by 90%+.

Welcome aboard.

Like why do I have to turn on my screen every time I start the truck?
As for your radio, that should be a simple fix. Go to Media/Audio Settings/Auto Play and see if you are set to "OFF" When you get time try to spend an hour going through all of the settings, lots of customizable stuff in there. My fav was turning off the horn beeps on lock/remote start.

Attachments

• 1711143505740.png
    1711143505740.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
Congrats on your TRX. I also came from Fords, the last two being Raptors and I have been extremely happy with my TRX.

As others have mentioned get an anti theft system, IGLA is the preferred system by most. Plenty of info regarding the system when you do a search. Enjoy the beast!

My TRX had a period (after a Uconnect OTA update) where the screen would be off upon startup. I finally found the setting in Uconnect to change it, and it’s been fine ever since.

Welcome to the forum! I’m glad to see you got a fast color (not as fast as black, but close). Don’t let the Hydro Blue guys fool you - they’re always trying to pretend theirs are faster.

First welcome to the club and second there is no need for launch control to handle a Chevy truck. I too was a Ford owner for many years and have told my story on here before. I actually had a deposit on a 3rd Gen Raptor till a friend that works for Ram gave me a call back in February 2021 and the rest is history. I was overly impressed at the interior of the TRX probably more so then any other aspect, the performance is just icing on the cake.
thanks for the welcome! I was leaning hard towards a Raptor or some similar pkg on a Ford. I test drove the TRX an feel in love with it. I have admit the interior is comfortable and impressive. I still need to try the launch control but that will have to wait until I get it back from the shop.

Congratulations and Welcome! You’re not alone, born and bred Ford guy here. I LOVE my TRX. Almost 3 years of ownership.

Sounds like you have a faulty screen or need a software update or something. You shouldn’t have to turn it on every time. I’m not familiar enough with Uconnect5 to know if there is a setting that affects that or not (my 21 has Uconnect4). I hope the dealer gets it figured out for you.
First, love your Young Frankenstein pic! Thanks for the welcome and the advice on the screen I will check the settings and to see if there is an update. My door locks also do not automatically lock like most newer vehicles and I find that strange. The loaner does. The loaner will also turn on the seats and steering wheel heat if it is cold. Wondering if these are also settings?

Someone beat me to the new intro. Hello and welcome. GET SECURITY NOW OR GFYS! Just kidding on the gfys comment. You already gave yourself shit about ford lol nice job. Not sure what you mean about having to turn screen on...
LOL Love it! Thanks for making me feel at home. My screen is dark when I start the truck. I have to manually turn on the power to the radio, Uconnect etc. Sounds like it is a setting or glich.

Something is definitely wrong with your radio. It should boot up on its own when you start your truck.

You are never too old to smoke a Cheby.

If you pull your truck forward about 20' from where it's parked with the snow on it, it won't get any more snow on it and you'll reduce the chance of it getting stolen by 90%+.

Welcome aboard.
thanks for the advice! hahaha Not sure my garage is tall enough for that and my Indian Roadmaster doesn't like to share her spot. I am glad that you all are warning me about the theft of these trucks being so high. I should have guessed it though. Also I live in Colorado, which I think is still the number one state for car theft!

thanks for the welcome! I was leaning hard towards a Raptor or some similar pkg on a Ford. I test drove the TRX an feel in love with it. I have admit the interior is comfortable and impressive. I still need to try the launch control but that will have to wait until I get it back from the shop.
Let us know how you like launch control. I just step on it if someone is froggy at a light. The wife is always wanting to try launching but she loves pushing any and all buttons, including mine lol. 🏁

As for your radio, that should be a simple fix. Go to Media/Audio Settings/Auto Play and see if you are set to "OFF" When you get time try to spend an hour going through all of the settings, lots of customizable stuff in there. My fav was turning off the horn beeps on lock/remote start.
Awesome thank you and I will try that when I get it back from the dealer. They are doing a repair on the front proximity sensor and taking our some minor scratches that came with the truck!. lol

Back